Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Hes our captain

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
As I posted all 2016 playoff goals after the last game as a last hurrah, here are the 2017 goals…enjoy them because this is all we’ll have for awhile now…lol

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
The Leafs have nothing to play for they're locked into their position.

Marner is 2 points shy of 100 and Keefe is a player's coach, a couple guys might get rested against the Cats but I think the big guns play.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
They’d better hang a “You f***ing Blew It” banner in the rafters with our piss poor season and franchise management as a whole.
Jumbotron cues up:

next-year-better-luck-next-year.gif

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
It's kind of crazy how out of all those goals, the Kunitz versus Ottawa and Bonino versus the Caps ones give me the most goosebumps.
That ain't crazy, not one bit. I agree. Does anyone have the quick video of Kunitz face as he is skating to the glass after his shot. Not on the normal links. It was great. Bonino jumping over Holtby, post-goal, was pretty damn awesome, too. (edit: jumping back a year)

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Whether the Cats lose in regulation or OT/SO will help. They sure as hell can always lose another game in OT/SO against the Leafs or Canes, lol.

I wish there was, but there's no guarantee that they will clean house if they barely miss the playoffs.

I say f*** it. Get in and piss a lot of jamokes off, lol.
I think it'd piss off the right people more if they don't make it.

This team needs to fail to learn to be better. Just getting by and making it only to get smoked because of the coach and constantly making player changes has done nothing. All I can hope for is missing pisses off the right players that have the right ears bent their way.

For me progress needs to come at a very hard price with a team this arrogant.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
There’s no doubt that Sid would have easily cracked 100 points this year if we had actually had a f***ing coach behind our bench. Ditto for Geno too I’m sure.

Ugh….f*** you Sullivan. Seeing the 100+ point players list for this season has made/will always make me even angrier.

Like when Crosby got arguably screwed out of another Art Ross in 2014-15 due to Bylsma being a f***ing idiot.

Reactions: trader997

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I think it'd piss off the right people more if they don't make it.

This team needs to fail to learn to be better. Just getting by and making it only to get smoked because of the coach and constantly making player changes has done nothing. All I can hope for is missing pisses off the right players that have the right ears bent their way.

For me progress needs to come at a very hard price with a team this arrogant.

I always remember the part of the “Crosby: On The Ice And Beyond” DVD when just after crushingly lose to Detroit in ‘08 and Sid not only looked beyond crestfallen he says “losing stinks…it truly does” while narrating.

Where did that guy go???

With all of our then crazy success that followed over the next decade, we got way too f***ing country club complacent and cocky. Again!! Just like in the Lemieux/Jagr days. Letting the inmates run the asylum, mailing it in, etc.

There are a lot of players who need a good humbling/kick in the ego-nuts and have needed one for years. Goes for stars and scrubs. Frankly we’ve lost all accountability and our way now as a result.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Super awesome. First ever playoff goal for Hainsey (900 games until he got to the playoffs or something sick like that?), but him punking bitch Jimmy Neal at the beginning was classic.

He scored in the cbus series.

I always remember the part of the “Crosby: On The Ice And Beyond” DVD when just after crushingly lose to Detroit in ‘08 and Sid not only looked beyond crestfallen he says “losing stinks…it truly does” while narrating.

Where did that guy go???

With all of our then crazy success that followed over the next decade, we got way too f***ing country club complacent and cocky. Again!! Just like in the Lemieux/Jagr days. Letting the inmates run the asylum, mailing it in, etc.

There are a lot of players who need a good humbling/kick in the ego-nuts and have needed one for years. Goes for stars and scrubs. Frankly we’ve lost all accountability and our way now as a result.

Sid has 90 pts as a 35 year old.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Where did that guy go???

I think when blokes see the word entitled they think something else. Whatever the media has driven into their heads with the other bs.

But what I mean by it is that exact thing you mentioned. They act like they deserve to and expect it. I think this squad has forgotten what that feeling was back in 2008. The worst part of this is it may ignite the players but this coach is a dud. My biggest hope is players being angry about and pushing for change and the team realizing the extension was a mistake and put Sullivan on notice for the next season and keep that leash super short and make their change a month or two in.

This team is so hard to watch. Even the recent wins, fans here are so easy to suddenly forget the issues, a few wins isn't fixing shit. This isn't a team that can get on a hot streak to win a cup. It just isn't. This team is coached to dreadful stretches and half assed effort for the vast majority of this season. It's been building to this for 6yrs. This ain't out of the blue for me. I've been talking up the signs for a long time, it just felt too Bylsma-ish and it was frustrating to see how so many a few years back were so eager to over look it because of the cup 1-2-3-4yrs ago and now 5-6yrs later they're finally sort of seeing it and it's like f***, get there faster!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He scored in the cbus series.

Right and Joe Thornton put up 82pts in 82 games at age 36.
Pavelski put up 81 in 82 games at 36-37
Ovechkin put up 90pts in 77 at 36 yrs old.

Sidney Crosby also plays with a two time 40 goal scorer and gets either a 50pt winger or a former 30goal winger that is great at both ends.

Let's not pretend that While Sid is a fantastic talent, he's doing it with f***ing a 43yr old Kunitz and 44yr old Dupuis.

What Malkin has put up in comparison is far more impressive and if you don't want to admit that then I don't really give a f***. But this age bs is whatever. It should make you angry that at 35yrs old with gas left in the tank, a playoff showing just extends Sullivan's tenure longer.

Reactions: EliteGoaltending

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

I know. Which is f***ing amazing and a testament to how great he still is!!

Which brings me back to my earlier point.

If we only had better coaching. If we had gotten it beforehand I.E. last summer then you can’t tell me that Sid wouldn’t have beasted his ass or even just played with more joy to his game this season.

How many games have he and Geno just flat out not given a f*** about from the opening puck drop over the past few years?? Quite a few, not that we can fully blame them though.

if I still had to listen to Sully’s clueless “sticktoitiveness” bullshit after 5 years of playoff blunderf***s, I’d check out mentally a lot too…

He’s lost the room and needs to go.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lmao I just...

Sid - 91pts in 80 games
His wingers (going w/Raks and Jake)
Guentzel - 72pts in 76gms
Rakell - 58pts in 80gms

Malkin - 82pts in 80 games.
His most common wingers
Zucker - 48pts in 76gms
Rust - 46pts in 79gms

Oh but but 35! 91!

Gtfo. Geno has been doing shit like this with plate scraps for 99% of his Penguins career. This fan base goes all no gag reflex for Sid like idiots and like dumping on Geno. So f***ing weird.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I know. Which is f***ing amazing and a testament to how great he still is!!

Which brings me back to my earlier point.

If we only had better coaching. If we had gotten it beforehand I.E. last summer then you can’t tell me that Sid wouldn’t have beasted his ass or even just played with more joy to his game this season.

How many games have he and Geno just flat out not given a f*** about from the opening puck drop over the past few years?? Quite a few, not that we can fully blame them though.

if I still had to listen to Sully’s clueless “sticktoitiveness” bullshit after 5 years of playoff blunderf***s, I’d check out mentally a lot too…

He’s lost the room and needs to go.

A better coach would also treat Malkin's line with more respect I think. Also not use the bottom 6 and youth like a f***ing imbecile.

Funniest shit to me is this moron Danton Heinen getting games.

63 games and he's at 21pts.
Nylander and his pace would put him at 18pts in 63 games.

You'd get the same production if not more with better usage with a coach that isn't an idiot and save 250k.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
A better coach would also treat Malkin's line with more respect I think. Also not use the bottom 6 and youth like a f***ing imbecile.

Funniest shit to me is this moron Danton Heinen getting games.

63 games and he's at 21pts.
Nylander and his pace would put him at 18pts in 63 games.

You'd get the same production if not more with better usage with a coach that isn't an idiot and save 250k.

Now admittedly I have only watched maybe 2 regular games over the past 3 years as Sulli-Ron has sucked the fun out of Pens hockey and has done so for years. But yeah that sounds about right. Same shit different pile for the past far too long.

Sorta reminds me kind of the Bylsma/Adams/Glass love affair before that smug-ass, bespectacled f*** got shit-canned.

Or how HCDB seemed almost scared to use a prime-era Two-Headed-Monster during quite a few big moments when we could/should’ve needed it. But he’d bitch out and it would bite us in the ass. I.E. with losses, missed points for our stars, missed offensive season awards, etc.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Now admittedly I have only watched maybe 2 regular games over the past 3 years as Sulli-Ron has sucked the fun out of Pens hockey and has done so for years. But yeah that sounds about right. Same shit different pile for the past far too long.

Sorta reminds me kind of the Bylsma/Adams/Glass love affair before that smug-ass, bespectacled f*** got shit-canned.

Or how HCDB seemed almost scared to use a prime-era Two-Headed-Monster during quite a few big moments when we could/should’ve needed it. But he bitch out and it would bite us in the ass. I.E. losses, missed points, etc.

Bylsma had one of the biggest issues that Sullivan also has and it's what I first noticed systems wise outside of the youth bs he continues to pull.

Dan almost arrogantly felt his system was adaptable without needing to adapt, to any team any time. He refused to game plan to a team and utilize his roster properly (sound familiar?) - Funny enough I think it was the Isles series with Dan where the Pens took Kennedy out of the line up and the Isles took it to the Pens with grit and speed and he took the one winger in the bottom 6 that literally does just that. He finally relented and played him and then acted like it was normal and he planned to anyway (again, sound familiar?).

Change "grind them bitches down" to "sticktoitiveness" and it's the same f***er.

What Bylsma did to Tangradi is what Sullivan is doing to O'Connor almost exactly.

Tangradi accidentally got a few shifts with Geno this one game and looked great. Almost like a winger made to play in a top 6 role, thrived in a top 6 role briefly. Instead Disco miscast him as a powerforward that needed to grind first. Again, same bullshit being done to Doc.

It's funny how this shit has repeated itself and Sullivan got an extension out of it and has the hockey ops pres and ownership in his corner. Bylsma had Shero and ownership fired Shero for it and it made Fitzgerald leave too.

I feel like Shero deserved his firing.
JR deserved his when it was coming.
Hextall to me has made some mistakes but deserves a better chance with a coach he wants, but being forced to keep Sullivan is ensuring he will get fired no matter what. That's shitty.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Bylsma had one of the biggest issues that Sullivan also has and it's what I first noticed systems wise outside of the youth bs he continues to pull.

Dan almost arrogantly felt his system was adaptable without needing to adapt, to any team any time. He refused to game plan to a team and utilize his roster properly (sound familiar?) - Funny enough I think it was the Isles series with Dan where the Pens took Kennedy out of the line up and the Isles took it to the Pens with grit and speed and he took the one winger in the bottom 6 that literally does just that. He finally relented and played him and then acted like it was normal and he planned to anyway (again, sound familiar?).

Change "grind them bitches down" to "sticktoitiveness" and it's the same f***er.

What Bylsma did to Tangradi is what Sullivan is doing to O'Connor almost exactly.

Tangradi accidentally got a few shifts with Geno this one game and looked great. Almost like a winger made to play in a top 6 role, thrived in a top 6 role briefly. Instead Disco miscast him as a powerforward that needed to grind first. Again, same bullshit being done to Doc.

It's funny how this shit has repeated itself and Sullivan got an extension out of it and has the hockey ops pres and ownership in his corner. Bylsma had Shero and ownership fired Shero for it and it made Fitzgerald leave too.

I feel like Shero deserved his firing.
JR deserved his when it was coming.
Hextall to me has made some mistakes but deserves a better chance with a coach he wants, but being forced to keep Sullivan is ensuring he will get fired no matter what. That's shitty.

He’s a former Flyer.

f*** em’

Reactions: BusinessGoose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad