Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Hes our captain

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
What is pick 13 gonna do that 16 cant? Either way it will be some 3rd liner joining the team in 5 years, cool.
You got to start somewhere. Truthfully the Sid and Geno era they haven't done anything for 5 years and they're only getting older. No disrespect to them but I mean the party is over and it has been for a while now.

Reactions: farscape1

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Isles vs Caps on Monday
Cats vs Leafs on Monday

Cats gonna have their hands full with the Leafs. We all thought that since the Leafs have the #2 seed locked up in the Atlantic, that they would rest guys, but they all played today against the Habs.

Leafs 4
Cats 2

Isles will win out.

Pens will win out and make the dance. :cool:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Exactly. These jabronis (the pens or the posters, you pick) dont understand that barely missing isn't he same as being 29th in the standings.
What you fail to understand is they haven't done s*** for 5 years. So what good does it do to get obliterated in the first round? If they don't make the playoffs not only do you get a higher draft pick, it probably prompts some bigger moves this summer. Maybe we start trading off assets and moving players like Jake out to get more draft picks. Whereas if we make the playoffs the imbeciles in charge might think this is a playoff team next year. It's not just a higher draft pick it's the things that might go along with it to affect change.

Reactions: farscape1

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
You got to start somewhere. Truthfully the Sid and Geno era they haven't done anything for 5 years and they're only getting older. No disrespect to them but I mean the party is over and it has been for a while now.
Yeah, but it's always more fun to win, than to lose.

That's especially holds true in the playoffs.

Reactions: Flying Dego

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Isles vs Caps on Monday
Cats vs Leafs on Monday

Cats gonna have their hands full with the Leafs. We all thought that since the Leafs have the #2 seed locked up in the Atlantic, that they would rest guys, but they all played today against the Habs.

Leafs 4
Cats 2

Isles will win out.

The Leafs have nothing to play for they're locked into their position.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
What you fail to understand is they haven't done s*** for 5 years. So what good does it do to get obliterated in the first round? If they don't make the playoffs not only do you get a higher draft pick, it probably prompts some bigger moves this summer. Maybe we start trading off assets and moving players like Jake out to get more draft picks. Whereas if we make the playoffs the imbeciles in charge might think this is a playoff team next year. It's not just a higher draft pick it's the things that might go along with it to affect change.
Says who, you?

No guarantees jack.

I wish, but no.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
No I’d rather make the playoffs and see what happens. Neither the 62 win wings or bolts even made the final.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
The Leafs have nothing to play for they're locked into their position.
Yep

They had nothing to play for today either. Already locked into #2 before puck dropped. But they dressed everybody and spanked the Habs 7-1, lol.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Isles vs Caps on Monday
Cats vs Leafs on Monday

Leafs 4
Cats 2

Isles will win out.

Watch the leafs are gonna sit their stars on Monday. Actually that will give you a strong indication of who they want in the playoffs.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
What is pick 13 gonna do that 16 cant? Either way it will be some 3rd liner joining the team in 5 years, cool.
That's not the point. Finally missing the POs, and ruing the streak, is the only chance we have for actual change. What this f***ing franchise has become since the 2017 Cup makes me f***ing sick.

Reactions: Ryder71

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yep

They had nothing to play for today either. Already locked into #2 before puck dropped. But they dressed everybody and spanked the Habs 7-1, lol.
At the start of today the lightning still could have caught them so no that's not exactly accurate. Now however they do have nothing to play for.

No I’d rather make the playoffs and see what happens. Neither the 62 win wings or bolts even made the final.
I'll tell you what's going to happen if we make the playoffs, we're going to lose in the first round like we have the previous four years.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
At the start of today the lightning still could have caught them so no that's not exactly accurate. Now however they do have nothing to play for.

I'll tell you what's going to happen if we make the playoffs, we're going to lose in the first round like we have the previous four years.
I see math's not your strong suit.

The Leafs had #2 locked up BEFORE today's games, lol.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
If you could guarantee the ENTIRE front office would get canned, id take a miss. Sure. Duh. 100%. But you can't.

A tank miss STILL makes more sense than finishing 16th.

Until then, y'all ain't fans, ya just dummies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Oh you think I don't want to see this team win cups? I do.

But if you think this team coached by the version of Sullivan we've been seeing the last 6yrs with how he's used players in this line up and his system is going to win another cup....

I have some bitcoin I just made up that you should invest all your money into..
Ain't no chance if you aren't at the dance

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If you could guarantee the ENTIRE front office would get canned, id take a miss. Sure. Duh. 100%. But you can't.

A tank miss STILL makes more sense than finishing 16th.

Until then, y'all ain't fans, ya just dummies.
You're very naive.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
I want them to clean house. For starters, I want a new GM, a new coach, a new strategy, better power play, better play from the bottom 6, better goaltending, a 1A and 1B goaltending duo, guys TOI or in the lineup based on their play, not who they are, etc...

Barely missing the playoffs or getting in and bounced in round 1 doesn't guarantee that those changes will start to happen.

If you're gonna miss the dance, finish in the bottom 3 would sure as hell garner some attention and necessary changes would for sure happen.

I just can't count on barely missing the playoffs the straw that breaks the camel's back.

No you're just so naive it's obscenely absurd. You can't see the obvious in front of you, you probably believe in Easter Bunny or some such nonsense.
Wait a minute........there's no Easter Bunny?

Shit.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I am pretty confident Hextall's already a dead man walking as far as GM goes. Missing ensures that, I think, or puts him in the position of having to interview to keep his job or something. I have zero faith Sully will be in danger of losing his job, this season, or next, or the one after that, tbh.

A big thing I hope ownership and the new FO (assuming there is one) does is nukes the f***ing scouting dept. because their amateur scouting and pro scouting have been miserable for years. If it's not completely full of inept people, it's stale and needs new eyes.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I am pretty confident Hextall's already a dead man walking as far as GM goes. Missing ensures that, I think, or puts him in the position of having to interview to keep his job or something. I have zero faith Sully will be in danger of losing his job, this season, or next, or the one after that, tbh.

A big thing I hope ownership and the new FO (assuming there is one) does is nukes the f***ing scouting dept. because their amateur scouting and pro scouting have been miserable for years. If it's not completely full of inept people, it's stale and needs new eyes.
I honestly have no idea what to expect. FSG is so quiet and removed from everything.

If they're paying any attention at all then major changes will come this off season. If they aren't...

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad