Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Sharks | 8-5 win | Moar eRod and Bjork Bjork please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
If all Forwards are available? Zero chance. He's the 17th or 18th Forward.
Hope he finds some positive traction in the AHL though. He's a good kid who works his tail off.
I'll say you don't strike me as someone who appreciates depth, depth, depth like some unnamed teams should. But you know Pens way better than I, Tourist do so I shall just trust you.

(17th/18th, though, really? I was hoping it's not that bad for him, or that good for Pens.)

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I'll say you don't strike me as someone who appreciates depth, depth, depth like some unnamed teams should. But you know Pens way better than I, Tourist do so I shall just trust you.

(17th/18th, though, really? I was hoping it's not that bad for him, or that good for Pens.)
We don't win through star power even remotely as much as people around the league think. Look at the P/P60 5v5 scorers last year.
Maybe it was more that way when Crosby and Malkin were young, but our depth is better now to compensate for them getting older/out of the lineup.

When healthy look at our 4th line. Aston-Reese - Blueger - McGinn.
Compare that to Shero era 4th lines. It's not even the same zip code.
This blue line is solid too, especially now with Marino playing better.

Reactions: Stubu

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018

Sorry forgot to add this:

Malkin, Carter, Zucker, Kapanen, Blueger and Boyle were unavailable yesterday. They are all ahead of Bjork in the depth chart. That's what it took for him to get a game. His AHL play to this point has been quite poor. Zohorna and Angello are ahead of him too, with their experience from last year.

Wish the kid the best but he's pretty screwed here for this season at least.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
We don't win through star power even remotely as much as people around the league think. Look at the P/P60 5v5 scorers last year.
Maybe it was more that way when Crosby and Malkin were young, but our depth is better now to compensate for them getting older/out of the lineup.

When healthy look at our 4th line. Aston-Reese - Blueger - McGinn.
Compare that to Shero era 4th lines. It's not even the same zip code.
This blue line is solid too, especially now with Marino playing better.
Yup, I have a soft spot for Big .... Brock McGinn when he was in Canes.

I told you I'm just a tourist here. Don't facts or stats me over the head.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Yup, I have a soft spot for Big Brock McGinn when he was in Canes.

I told you I'm just a tourist here. Don't fact or stats me over the head.
I know. Just giving the basics.

McGinn has produced so well in a very defensive role. I would love to see how he could produce on Malkin's left wing with heavy O-zone starts.
It won't happen but I'm curious.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Sorry forgot to add this:

Malkin, Carter, Zucker, Kapanen, Blueger and Boyle were unavailable yesterday. They are all ahead of Bjork in the depth chart. That's what it took for him to get a game. His AHL play to this point has been quite poor. Zohorna and Angello are ahead of him too, with their experience from last year.

Wish the kid the best but he's pretty screwed here for this season at least.

Isn’t Angello healthy now? Kasper seemingly got the nod over him , at least.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If Evan continues on this path and gets to 25ish goals, 55ish points. He is going to get paid. Someone is going to offer 25/5 if not more. Hell, The Pens might. If Malkin may get 6/3 and be happy. Letang is the real issue. I wont be surprised if someone offers him 3 years at 9 a year.

The Free agent pool is super interesting this year. You have a lot of 27-20 year old players who currently make 5-6ish a year coming to market.

Forsberg, Hertl, Domi, Palat, Niederreiter, R. Smith, Burakovsky, Trocheck, Strome, Kadri, V. Rask, Rakell, Rust, Copp, etc.

Is Rodrigues in this group of players? Maybe, with only this season was the selling point, absolutely. Only time will tell, but if he continues to play like this, more then one team is going to offer him a 25/5 deal.
No one is going to offer a player that hasn't proved that sort of production outside of a season in this situation where he has been in the league a few years and is in his mid 20s. If Evan is smart he'll take a bridge deal with the Penguins.

Something like 2.5-3m range. A "cool, do it again" type of deal. If a GM isn't doing that, especially ours, and offers him a long term deal, I question just how qualified these idiots are.

He was barely on a 40pt pace last season in a full season with that ppg average. Now he blows up and some team is going to give him 5?

Teams have learned from the Clarkson type of idiocy.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
No one is going to offer a player that hasn't proved that sort of production outside of a season in this situation where he has been in the league a few years and is in his mid 20s. If Evan is smart he'll take a bridge deal with the Penguins.

Something like 2.5-3m range. A "cool, do it again" type of deal. If a GM isn't doing that, especially ours, and offers him a long term deal, I question just how qualified these idiots are.

He was barely on a 40pt pace last season in a full season with that ppg average. Now he blows up and some team is going to give him 5?

Teams have learned from the Clarkson type of idiocy.
Not only that, but a lot of more proven players have gotten squeezed with new contracts lately.

Anyways, this thread has ran its coarse.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Thread has a sore throat?
why-are-you-the-way-you-are-the-office.gif

Meant to lock it up and got distracted at work

Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad