Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Sharks | 8-5 win | Moar eRod and Bjork Bjork please

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Good game for a Sunday afternoon. We got the W. CDS could have been better but I'm not going to hammer him.

Plenty of stat padding and the W. Moving on the next game.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Be lucky if we can even re-sign one of those three. Rust/E-Rod may well get the dump truck backed up by someone

I don't see any team being willing to pay Rust much more than what Hyman got last year and any team that would give ERod a dumptruck of money deserves the catastrophe that would turn into.

Heinen is also a RFA after the year, so they do have control over him.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I do not envy Ron Hextall at the moment when it comes to thinking about ERod's next deal. I still have no idea what to make of it.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Well, we figured out the whole finishing thing at least.
Errey made a good point though. No Carter and Blueger affected faceoffs severely and allowed San Jose to have the puck more to mount that comeback in the first place.

We get Blue back on Wednesday.

Points aside, Rust's poise and decision making with the puck was exemplary tonight. Amazing for a guy who hasn't played in close to 40 days.

Reactions: Giskard

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don't see any team being willing to pay Rust much more than what Hyman got last year and any team that would give ERod a dumptruck of money deserves the catastrophe that would turn into.

Heinen is also a RFA after the year, so they do have control over him.

I'd love to get E-rod at like 3.5 for 3-4 years. That seems reasonable, but I dunno how crazy teams will go in FA for him.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I do not envy Ron Hextall at the moment when it comes to thinking about ERod's next deal. I still have no idea what to make of it.

ERod is putting up good numbers while being rotated on different lines in different roles and in all 3 forward positions. He's what people wanted McCann to be

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd love to get E-rod at like 3.5 for 3-4 years. That seems reasonable, but I dunno how crazy teams will go in FA for him.

I think you can get him for that, I just can't see a way he reasonably gets more than that. But if any team wants to pay him more than that, they can take that time bomb for all I care :laugh:

Pay him what you would have been willing to pay McCann, because he is what people here wanted McCann to be. Have him be the 3C going forward, ideally with Heinen on his line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad