Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Sharks | 8-5 win | Moar eRod and Bjork Bjork please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Well, JR *is* back in the league. So maybe we can flip Zucker to Vancouver for a 1st and their top prospect.

Off the top of my head two players that come to mind are Nicholas Roy and Mason Appleton.

Roy is probably a lot harder to peel away given the cap restrictions, but maybe it’s a three way deal where Zucker is moved to a different team for a 2nd with retention, 2nd goes to Vegas and we get Roy at like 3 mil + 1 mil for the retention.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Sure can. Those were the only two pieces with value outside of the 4ths.

McCann wasn’t some up and comer. He was a 3rd / 4th liner who had a career season of 28 points. That’s what I’m talking about. I’m sure a team will take a chance on Zucker at one year at 5.5 for that.

I disagree on it being that simple. I don't think they'd have done McCann for a 2nd alone if they weren't shedding cap for next year at the same time. A team doing a variation of the deal where they're taking on cap? Nope. Don't see it.

Put it another way - would you take on some other team's Zucker for Heinen? Because I wouldn't.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I disagree on it being that simple. I don't think they'd have done McCann for a 2nd alone if they weren't shedding cap for next year at the same time. A team doing a variation of the deal where they're taking on cap? Nope. Don't see it.

Put it another way - would you take on some other team's Zucker for Heinen? Because I wouldn't.

Heinen now? No.

But I’m talking us trading Zucker next year to a team for a Heinen from last year. I think some teams would take that risk.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Sure can. Those were the only two pieces with value outside of the 4ths.

McCann wasn’t some up and comer. He was a 3rd / 4th liner who had a career season of 28 points. That’s what I’m talking about. I’m sure a team will take a chance on Zucker at one year at 5.5 for that.

McCann was a 21 yr old first rd pick. He was struggling but improving every year. He was the definition of an up comer.

Off the top of my head two players that come to mind are Nicholas Roy and Mason Appleton.

Roy is probably a lot harder to peel away given the cap restrictions, but maybe it’s a three way deal where Zucker is moved to a different team for a 2nd with retention, 2nd goes to Vegas and we get Roy at like 3 mil + 1 mil for the retention.

Roy is awesome and a perfect third line center. No way is Vegas trading him for zucker. I wanted Roy before and he’s gotten better. He’s 24 and has more points than zucker. He’s the better player right now.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
It’s not like David Perron was much different in his last year here. Then he lit it up as soon as he was gone and pretty much every year after.

ya and we got a struggling hagelin for him not anywhere near what you want for zucker.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
When we won the division last year and finished 5th in the league, we were .688.
That earns you 4th place in the Metro right now :facepalm:

Pens are currently .661. It's remarkable that they're getting into this territory again, given how we were .500 at one point.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
ERod reminds me a little of Dupuis in his sheer utility up and down the lineup. Some of us are having to eat crow about him (okay, GMJR, I assume you're patting yourself on the back in Vancouver), but good for him making the most of his expanded responsibilities this season.
Yep, JR got two NHL players for one player no longer in the NHL in that trade.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Bjorkqvist Makes the Most of His Opportunity in NHL Debut

"I imagine obviously my family watching, a lot of friends were able to watch," Bjorkqvist said. "I actually didn't even open my phone yet. We'll see. I got to get a little workout in and recover before I open the phone and start texting back, because there's probably going to be a lot of text messages."

Lmao Bjorkqvist is the new gym nut of the team :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Having Bjorkqvist carve out a L4 role helps JR’s draft picks look a hell of a lot better.

I'm not holding my breath but yeah that would be nice.

One thing I noticed about him is that his skating isn't as bad as I expected it to be. But I think that's the case with a lot of players, "bad skaters" today are just "not as good skaters" and not truly "bad skaters"

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
CDS is still reminding us how reliant PIT is on Jarry. We saw an NHL game with only 1 NHL caliber of 3 goaltenders today.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Erod is much different than McCann. And he’s not going to demand a ton. He’s just not. And your not getting that for zucker.
McCann has potential, very good potential. But he will always barely scrape the surface of it. Dupuis and Rodrigues are quite similar. They both are hard workers with a great shot and can produce but were always sort of held back into a role they thought they needed to play to carve out a career. Rodrigues isn't just scoring fluke goals, he's creating and actually looking like a legit top 6. If Rust can be the same, why can't Rodrigues?

Also Godrigues probably also knows he's a good fit and will find a way to stay and get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad