Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Sens | 6-4 Ugly win | Zucker come back!! We need you :(

What is worse:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
In other deliberately provocative Sid postings - yeah, it wasn't a great game for them, but GCR had a higher GF/60 than Ovie, MacKinnon, Barkov, Point, Gaudreau, McDavid, Marchand, Matthews etc.etc. Complaining about them this season is like complaining that your three star Michelin meal contained one slightly odd shaped tomato.

Goals for makes more sense over a bigger number of games than those three have had this season, I think. At this point it is a rather PDO influenced stat.
The argument here is that those guys together don't hold up against a heavy forecheck,
don't win enough battles on the wall, can no longer get a cycle going and are more or less exclusively about the rush when facing hard opposition. Dangerous when they get those, sure, but there is little in the way of plan B. Not like we haven't seen this in the playoffs recently either.

I am not saying this to criticize Sid or any of them individually. Its just that they're all similar in what they're now good and (relatively speaking) not so good at. Just like one shouldn't put Geno, Kapanen and Erod together. Problem is that we really don't have that physical specimen who can play with either Sid or Geno, unless perhaps a guy like McGinn could make a difference, or unless you get the size of Carter (or... Zohorna) up there.

Imagine a Tkachuk on our team... or if we went for Evander Kane and it worked. Besides the latter, hard to get those guys if you don't draft them though.

Last edited:

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Did Zucker really not play? Why?

How did I watch the entire game and not notice Zucker not playing.

Anyway, Pens did not deserve this one from what I paid attention to. I guess I wasn't really paying attention.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
False. Bad trade then bad trade now.

Great, he's got us a couple points recently - our defense is still quite below average. His gambles better go away come playoffs or we're in for some hurt. Can't judge defenders on their offensive prowess. The only thing Matheson has brought to this team defensively is the ability to skate the puck out - and even that's 50/50. He's not terrible - but Hornqvist would suit this team 100 times out of 100 better than Matheson currently does or could ever do.

Oh my

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Ugly win, but a team that we needed to win against nonetheless and we did.

I’m going to miss Marino when idiot Sullivan demands he gets traded. I think he’ll eventually live up to his contract and would have ended up being a bargain.

Speaking of, I cringe every time Letang gets involved in anything remotely close to a scrap. We desperately cannot have him getting injured in the process. If only there was a way to address the fact that our stars (Letang tonight /Sid against Dallas) get mauled constantly and absolutely shouldn’t feel the need to get involved in any of the rough stuff. Harder to figure out than quantum physics I guess.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So I was at the game tonight.

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

The good news is that the first time that I experienced the above it ended with a beheading.

This time a win.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Did Zucker really not play? Why?

How did I watch the entire game and not notice Zucker not playing.

Anyway, Pens did not deserve this one from what I paid attention to. I guess I wasn't really paying attention.
High danger chances 17-15 Ottawa
Chances 35-26 Ottawa

We beat a team who's taken out a lot of top teams in the last 2 months though, so I'm satisfied. Don't care how, as long as no injuries tomorrow... :laugh:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Senators will be really, really good if they can add one more stud upfront and some goaltending imo. They have an identity, now just need to add the finishing touches (and ensure their owner will pay their guys.)

I do not understand why Sullivan is so keen to balance all the lines except for his two best wingers. Literally just give one of Rust/Jake to Malkin and Sid each. Only thing I’m frustrated with HCMS on.

I keep waiting for the Sens to make the next step, but they are tied with the Coyotes…

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Has the E-Rod honeymoon come to an end and we just haven't realized it yet?
He slowed down right when Malkin returned unfortunately. He's made some good plays 5v5 that maybe could have generated points, but I feel like he has the puck a lot less and he's generating fewer chances.
I got mixed feelings about him getting removed from PP1, but the unit is scoring lately so can't complain too much.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I will get flamed for this— but put Simon back with Sid.
giphy.gif

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Congrats to Dom the Savant Simon for scoring his second goal in approx 700 days.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
Fun game to go to. Way too many defensive breakdowns… why make Jarry work so hard? But happy to get 2 points and move on. Matheson was on fire tonight.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
well tbf he’s getting reduced minutes (only a little over 10 tonight) and he’s unjustifiably off the PP…that’s Sully for you…I would give him a chance on L2 with more O zone minutes over Kap…

Heinen-G-ERod
Simon-Carter-Kap
I'd put him back at C.

Heinen - Malkin - Carter
Simon/Zucker - E-Rod - Kap

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad