Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Sens | 6-4 Ugly win | Zucker come back!! We need you :(

What is worse:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Senators played dirty as f*** all night. Love what Dumo and Letang did to Norris.

I thought Norris looked awesome all night. He was easily in front of our net with chances throughout the entire game. If the shoe was on the other foot, I would have been livid with the non-call. So i'm not going to be super biased here. I would have been absurdly pissed off if that happened to us.

That being said, the refs let that game go early. The hit from behind off the opening shift to Dumo was left alone and it escalated through the game.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I thought Norris looked awesome all night. He was easily in front of our net with chances throughout the entire game. If the shoe was on the other foot, I would have been livid with the non-call. So i'm not going to be super biased here. I would have been absurdly pissed off if that happened to us.

That being said, the refs let that game go early. The hit from behind off the opening shift to Dumo was left alone and it escalated through the game.

Ayup. Super weird to me that their stance was "no small sneaky fouls, murder each other to your heart's content".

Reactions: ColePens

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Fair. Marino also probably doesn’t get his head almost cut off without that play.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Watching the game this morning (because f*** a Melnyk if I'm going to watch an Ottawa game live :laugh: ), I'm not entirely sure the sloppy defensive play is because the team is lazy, per se. The Sens' heavy physical game really does throw us off our game, which we should think about finding a way or a lineup that alleviates that a bit going into the stretch.

And anyhow, never not forget:

Or this :

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
My beef with Marino dropping the gloves on Tkachuk is that he simply doesn't know how to fight. I don't mind guys scrapping, especially in the heat of the moment, but man, you gotta at least know some basics!

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My beef with Marino dropping the gloves on Tkachuk is that he simply doesn't know how to fight. I don't mind guys scrapping, especially in the heat of the moment, but man, you gotta at least know some basics!
I mean heat of the moment innit?

A bloke comes charging at you to hit your head and the refs didn't do a damned thing.

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
Chaotic game. Jarry was good and Matheson was amazing. The guy is so talented, just wish he had the smarts to do this more consistently.

The GCR line was ass obviously. Crosby has zero even strength points in like 5 or 6 games now. Might be time to change things up Sully? Ha, who am I kidding. That will never happen.

Thought Malkin had good jump early then fizzled out as the game went on. Understandable given that he just came back, so hopefully he will continue to improve as he gets back into game condition

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

Man, that line looked unreal, they played most of the night matched up against Sid's line (why, oh why sully?) they had 12 chanses for against only 1 (when matched with Blueger's line they had only 3 chances versus giving up 5), ....thats one thing with Sully I am not sure why he does what he does...Sid's line right now is slow, not in shape (Rust, Guentzel), seems out of synce, etc...so don't match them up against strong fast and skilled line, they will get killed...but Sully still lives in the fantasy world where GCR is what he thinks they are, not what the evidence show....I am not even advocating breaking them up, just matching them up better especially in Pittsburgh where you can control this stuff....

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I mean heat of the moment innit?

A bloke comes charging at you to hit your head and the refs didn't do a damned thing.

Yeah, like I applaud the sentiment and standing up for yourself and I think that's a fine in the heat of the moment. But man, maybe don't go toe to toe with that kind of guy if you throw punches like you're scared of your own fists. I think picking your spots is a better thing for Marino, but at the end of the day, at least he stood up for himself, I guess.

Ideally, someone like Boyle would take that up for him at the earliest opportunity. :dunno: Well, ideally, ideally, we'd actually have a legit powerforward on this club, but I'm talking about obtainable "ideally"'s here.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

It's been my experience that you learn a lot about fighting via getting your butt kicked. Maybe this sparks Marino into adding 10lbs of muscle and reinventing his profile.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
It's been my experience that you learn a lot about fighting via getting your butt kicked. Maybe this sparks Marino into adding 10lbs of muscle and reinventing his profile.
my experience taught me to be sure to throw the first punch then grab on and pray that the ref's break it up before he can get loose. :laugh:

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
my experience taught me to be sure to throw the first punch then grab on and pray that the ref's break it up before he can get loose. :laugh:

My fallback when all else failed was to go number 2........ends a fight real quick.

Marino was very unsure about entering that fight......if that's you mindset going in, it's better to get humble and skate away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad