GDT: Pens vs Red Wings - 9/30/15: The Day Perron Gets His Shot.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yeah, I thought Uher was really good last night (I didn't watch the entire game, though). Would be nice if we could develop and play some fourth liners

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
Dang, I thought UHER looked really good

So did I (against TBL anyway).

I guess this is one of the side effects of actually having decent forward depth this year -- some pretty good players are going to get sent back to WBS etc.

zhenyas most fly rep

May 3, 2009
breizh
It will be interesting to see who is paired up with Letang tonight :

Lovejoy and we may looking at a
Lovejoy-Letang
Määttä-Clendening
Dumoulin-Cole
defense on opening night.

or one last shot for Pouliot before being sent down.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
So did I (against TBL anyway).

I guess this is one of the side effects of actually having decent forward depth this year -- some pretty good players are going to get sent back to WBS etc.

That's an important aside right there. Dude's issue up to this point in his pro career is he just can't bring it with any sort of consistency.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Dupuis-Bonino-Bennett

Wow it's like, a line that actually makes sense! :amazed: And one that could be a REALLY good third line!

Here's to hoping Perron scores 6 goals tonight. Maybe that would impress Johnston. Maybe.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Dupuis-Bonino-Bennett

Wow it's like, a line that actually makes sense! :amazed: And one that could be a REALLY good third line!

Here's to hoping Perron scores 6 goals tonight. Maybe that would impress Johnston. Maybe.

Based on tweets, the line is Bennett-Bonino-Dupuis which is slightly less exciting for me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Dupuis-Bonino-Bennett

It's not even that I don't give this organization the benefit of the doubt anymore. That's long gone. I fully expect this organization to sabotage itself, willingly. That's how ****ing stupid, arrogant, and stubborn they are.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Should have been tried way earlier in preseason. No guarantee that trio works though.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
These "ie" or "y" nicknames need to stop. Crosby on Perron:

“Ronnie likes to hold onto the puck, (so) just making sure we support him,†Crosby said. “He’s got the puck in the corner, he can hold guys off pretty well and hold onto the puck. So just making sure one of us is there to support him and other than that, both him and ‘Kuni’ like to go to the net and create a lot of space that way. So it shouldn’t be a big adjustment.â€

Some people's names just don't work shortened like that :laugh:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Based on tweets, the line is Bennett-Bonino-Dupuis which is slightly less exciting for me.

Both the pensinsidescoop account and Mackey have it as Dupuis-Bonino-Bennett. Molinari has it as what you said.

Honestly it doesn't matter much. I almost want Bennett on the LW because to me that would say he has more of a chance to move up in the lineup.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Both the pensinsidescoop account and Mackey have it as Dupuis-Bonino-Bennett. Molinari has it as what you said.

Honestly it doesn't matter much. I almost want Bennett on the LW because to me that would say he has more of a chance to move up in the lineup.

Johnston will play Bennett on the right and Dupuis on the left. He's obsessed with handedness and possession to the point where he plays Perron on the right.

There's a pattern to this guy. See how he played Dupuis on the left and Perron on the right because of handedness?

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
and didn't like Despres on the right because of handedness
I really want to know if Johnston lobbied for a Despres trade for that reason.

Johnston: "Get me a right handed d-man. Despres can't play that spot."

JR: "Okay, here's Lovejoy."

Johnston: "He'll work next to Despres. Who did you give up?"

JR: "Despres?"

Johnston: "What?!?!?!?"

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I really want to know if Johnston lobbied for a Despres trade for that reason.

Johnston: "Get me a right handed d-man. Despres can't play that spot."

JR: "Okay, here's Lovejoy."

Johnston: "He'll work next to Despres. Who did you give up?"

JR: "Despres?"

Johnston: "What?!?!?!?"

No, he didn't. He was surprised by the trade. But he still has a thing about handedness.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
No, he didn't. He was surprised by the trade. But he still has a thing about handedness.
Fair enough. That gives me more hope for him.

The thing about Johnston is that he can identify talent. He just has those weird thoughts about handedness and, frankly, is coaching NHL vets for only the second year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I wouldn't even be remotely surprised if MJ wanted a RHD to play on the bottom pair with Despres, which would mean that Despres would be on LD. I just don't understand why they traded Despres to get that RD, and then traded one of their only RHD for a LHD to replace Despres as the bottom pair RD. Like, that accomplished nothing. They still had a LHD playing RD on the bottom pair and still only had 2 RHD on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad