Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Jackets | win | Secondary Sid getting them Genos

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
League wide you say? I've not bothered to look at arena head counts.
Weekday games less, yes... like that, rarely. Now, regularly. Penguins had 15 or so years of straight 'sell-outs'. It hasn't looked like that in awhile.

Talk of cap going up I hear around the boards... league wide attendance down... how's that work?
Cap has little to nothing to do with attendance. Teams make the majority of their money off of merchandising and advertising, the attendance likely at best covers the arena staff for the game.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Well well. I've been clamoring that Sid gets out of the circle/half wall on the PP and Geno replaces him.
We got a goal out of that particular setup. Sid is not dangerous being that far from the net. He should play bumper.

Anyway, good to see Rust get some mojo and confidence back. How long until we see him back on L1? lol
I really like Sid on the left wall, even with the conflicting handedness. He's played better there historically for whatever reason.
Problem is that blocks Rakell, unless you use him on the point...

Although if we can get the puck to Jake down low for his little Messi era Barcelona style setups, then that works too.

They resigned your favorite players and now you’re not doing your part to reciprocate.

Buy some tickets.
"Resigned" over "re-signed"? Unbecoming of a season ticket holder... :shakehead

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Their massive new TV deals, Advertising deals, etc. The majority of their revenue doesn't come from ticket sales. Just like every other professional sport.

"The NHL still relies more on ticket sales as a proportion of its revenue than the other major sports. In fact, the largest portion of the NHL revenue comes from ticket sales." (hockeyanswered.com)

Actually their 'massive' TV deals are a fraction of every other professional sport.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

"The NHL still relies more on ticket sales as a proportion of its revenue than the other major sports. In fact, the largest portion of the NHL revenue comes from ticket sales." (hockeyanswered.com)

Actually their 'massive' TV deals are a fraction of every other professional sport.
If they would just offer a single f***ing streaming service that broadcasted ALL games and ended this 5 different network, in and out of market bullshit, their revenue would go through the roof.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010

You quoted a hockey blog? As Evidence? If this was an academic setting, this source is getting thrown out. Do you have better sources? This isnt credible research.

The real answer is, we will never know because we don't have access to the books. In your own post, you can clearly see, as stated by the blogger, tickets sales are weighted based on location. So it's not even as big of a problem as you make it out to be unless those major markets, E.G. Toronto, have attendance issues.

• Haha
Reactions: LOGiK

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
You quoted a hockey blog? As Evidence? If this was an academic setting, this source is getting thrown out. Do you have better sources? This isnt credible research.

The real answer is, we will never know because we don't have access to the books. In your own post, you can clearly see, as stated by the blogger, tickets sales are weighted based on location. So it's not even as big of a problem as you make it out to be unless those major markets, E.G. Toronto, have attendance issues.
I can't tell if this is a real post or not?

Reactions: Fordy

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

wow

• Haha
Reactions: Genetic

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

If this were an academic setting, each thread would be one post long and your application would have been rejected. Let’s not concern ourselves with what useful, smart humans would be doing in our stead.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If this were an academic setting, each thread would be one post long and your application would have been rejected. Let’s not concern ourselves with what useful, smart humans would be doing in our stead.
f***ing Losers is definitely fine academic discourse

Reactions: IcedCapp

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wings fan in peace. Watched the highlights of the game, just wondering why the arena looked so empty? Was there bad weather or something?

Attendance says it was 15000+, but it looked way emptier than that.
EP6wsQA.gif

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
i'm using adblock and ublock origin, i dunno what else i'm suppose to use, but thank you for your suggestion

Next time it pops up, click on ublock, the lightning symbol and then on the message.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
If they would just offer a single f***ing streaming service that broadcasted ALL games and ended this 5 different network, in and out of market bullshit, their revenue would go through the roof.
I can't even watch my local Hurricanes as the local sports network (Ballysports) is not on ANY streaming / non cable service in Raleigh. I have the Hulu and ESPN bundle and its way easier to watch PIT games out of market than a team 10min down the road. I have to pirate stream all of CAR games unless they somehow make it onto TNT.

Pirated streams are usually more reliable than Hulu streams too. It says a lot.

Reactions: Gurglesons

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I can't even watch my local Hurricanes as the local sports network (Ballysports) is not on ANY streaming / non cable service in Raleigh. I have the Hulu and ESPN bundle and its way easier to watch PIT games out of market than a team 10min down the road. I have to pirate stream all of CAR games unless they somehow make it onto TNT.

Pirated streams are usually more reliable than Hulu streams too. It says a lot.

I know from an experience standpoint this is awful.

Having said that, now Ballysports gets to charge your cable provider a premium. Across every subscriber, whether they are a Canes fan or - most likely - not.

In turn that is more money in the Hurricanes' pocket. Not from you, but from the 10x folks who don't watch the Hurricanes paying $2/month more for cable, $1 of which goes back to the Canes.

It sucks but clearly the NHL (and other leagues) have looked at this and determined they make more money this way.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
i'm using adblock and ublock origin, i dunno what else i'm suppose to use, but thank you for your suggestion
I get that message maybe once when logging on here (not all the time), but it doesn't pop up every time I visit a new page. I'm using the same stuff as you.

Maybe HF just likes me better.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Blackout rules for "official" streaming are horrible.

Currently, we get 3 teams blacked out where I am (PHI/PIT/WSH), but it used to be 6 (add NYR, NYI, NJD).

There's hardly a point. If I wanted cable, I'd have cable.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I really like Sid on the left wall, even with the conflicting handedness. He's played better there historically for whatever reason.
Problem is that blocks Rakell, unless you use him on the point...

Although if we can get the puck to Jake down low for his little Messi era Barcelona style setups, then that works too.

I don't care where Sid plays as long as it's not in that right circle. He can play behind the net for all I care.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I hate to break it to you guys, but...Crosby only scored 2 points against the Blue Jackets the other day. Tage Thompson scored 6 last night. Therefore, Thompson is 3 times better than Crosby. It's science!

In other news, the Blue Jackets are horrendous.

Reactions: Andy99

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm within an hour of an NHL arena and I rarely go. Unfortunately :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad