Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Jackets | win | Secondary Sid getting them Genos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
Just came myself to say that place looked half full.
It did not always look like that, I'm too lazy to look a few posts up to who said that.
The last 15 or so years it has been full... Even when they won with less than 5 minutes the place was shockingly empty. Has not been like that since the Gen X bust.
That's not good.
Attendance across the league has been down since the Pandemic. This isn't a Pittsburgh issue, its an economic one. Weekday games have always had less people there than weekend games. Weekend games are always a full house. Not to mention, it's against Columbus. Arguably the worst team in the league.

This isn't anything new or shocking.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Well well. I've been clamoring that Sid gets out of the circle/half wall on the PP and Geno replaces him.
We got a goal out of that particular setup. Sid is not dangerous being that far from the net. He should play bumper.

Anyway, good to see Rust get some mojo and confidence back. How long until we see him back on L1? lol

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
At first I feared that the new Robopenguin jerseys were cursed. Glad to see that isn't the case. Although I think all the jerseys are kind of cursed now that they have ad patches on them.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Attendance across the league has been down since the Pandemic. This isn't a Pittsburgh issue, its an economic one. Weekday games have always had less people there than weekend games. Weekend games are always a full house. Not to mention, it's against Columbus. Arguably the worst team in the league.

This isn't anything new or shocking.
League wide you say? I've not bothered to look at arena head counts.
Weekday games less, yes... like that, rarely. Now, regularly. Penguins had 15 or so years of straight 'sell-outs'. It hasn't looked like that in awhile.

Talk of cap going up I hear around the boards... league wide attendance down... how's that work?

NeonKnight

Nov 14, 2008
Josh Yohe
· 1h 4m ago
STAFF
Well, there were 2400 unsold tickets. Way more empty seats than that. It’s becoming a story.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Josh Yohe
· 1h 4m ago
STAFF
Well, there were 2400 unsold tickets. Way more empty seats than that. It’s becoming a story.
People don't think inflation and lack of disposable income be like it is, but it do.

Look at the cost of literally everything in society that people actually need - rent, gas, food, utilities - and look at where inflation is currently at. Then look at the ticket cost, hot dog, beer, parking, etc.

WTF do you mean "it's becoming a story"? Do they really have their heads so far up their own asses they don't get what is happening? JFC. Lol.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Josh Yohe
· 1h 4m ago
STAFF
The NHL sees the financial situation that was accelerated by the last couple years. That’s why the advertisements and social pandering have been cranked to 11. The money on ticket sales just won’t be there in the same force for a while - if ever.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Josh Yohe
· 1h 4m ago
STAFF

I don't think it's a Penguins story, it's an economics story. League-wide attendance has dipped quite a bit compared to pre-Covid numbers. It's pretty likely that we are heading into a recession, so It's not surprising that many people are either unwilling or unable to spend a bunch of money to go see NHL games.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
NFL has the best model and Hockey is not bad. National TV revenue sharing and while it is a regional sport, no question budgets are being hit by costs that haven't been here in 40 years. Now that will decline to some degree and fight for the entertainment dollar is always a challenge. Pens are not a hot ticket but neither are the Steelers now. I do think it is happening in most places but large markets can still draw from a much larger base.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Josh Yohe
· 1h 4m ago
STAFF
Their ticket people are certainly doing their part to try to sell. I only went to one game last year and I still get contacted once a week with them trying to get me back.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
No idea why anyone but the billionaires standing to benefit from sell out attendance cares if the arena is empty. :laugh: It's not like the crowd was shaking the building down in December games even when it was over capacity sell outs. /shrug

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The xGF% Pens crowd is trying to say Rutta is worse than Ruhwedel.
In your average regular season game I could see it. But not when the intensity goes up. It’s also nice to have a defenseman on a lower pairing who will shoot the puck and score the occasional goal.

Reactions: Shady Machine

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
+ apparently i'm using an adblocker. I would not have known this if hfboards didn't tell me every time i visited a new page on their site. Thanks, hfboards!
Every now and then, I consider giving HF $12 to support them...but then they go and do something really, REALLY stupid that irritates me to no end, and I elect to keep my $12 in silent protest.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
+ apparently i'm using an adblocker. I would not have known this if hfboards didn't tell me every time i visited a new page on their site. Thanks, hfboards!
It was an effective business model for them because I legit paid the $12 and became a sponsor because hf wouldn't stop sending me that message.

Wasn't about to turn my adblocker off so the 12 bucks was worth it for peace of mind

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
League wide you say? I've not bothered to look at arena head counts.
Weekday games less, yes... like that, rarely. Now, regularly. Penguins had 15 or so years of straight 'sell-outs'. It hasn't looked like that in awhile.

Talk of cap going up I hear around the boards... league wide attendance down... how's that work?
Their massive new TV deals, Advertising deals, etc. The majority of their revenue doesn't come from ticket sales. Just like every other professional sport.

Reactions: RSPens

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

The price of tix are outrageous nowadays. Well I should add it's not the tix themselves, but the Ticketmaster fess that can keep people away. Add in a pop, a hot dog, parking (or Ubering) and it adds up

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Remember at the end of the Red Wings Playoff run, where the fans didn't show up during the regular season, because the regular season meant nothing to a perennial Playoff contender? Game 1 of the Playoffs would begin and Detroit would have a standing room only crowd. That is pretty much what the empty seats make me think is going on.

Reactions: Rave7215

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
They resigned your favorite players and now you’re not doing your part to reciprocate.

Buy some tickets.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
It was an effective business model for them because I legit paid the $12 and became a sponsor because hf wouldn't stop sending me that message.

Wasn't about to turn my adblocker off so the 12 bucks was worth it for peace of mind
Annoying someone until they give in! An effective strategy that resulted in 8 of my marriages and 5 of my kids

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If your ad-blocker isn't blocking the "you're using an ad-blocker" thing, you should find another ad-blocker. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad