Series Talk: Pens vs. Habs --- THIS IS IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

forzanerazzurri

Mar 22, 2007
Calgary
You have to realize that HFPens is insanely jaded and will complain about almost anything :laugh:

If the Penguins play an entire series like that minus the dumb turnovers (specifically ones like the Malkin turnover), they'll easily beat the Habs and will probably beat the Flyers. It may not be enough to beat the Bruins and Lightning, you definitely need a functional PP to win those series, but it's at least enough to get to the 2nd or 3rd round.
LOL

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I gotta say on further reflection my face is "thank God that's over."

Here's why: a) the draft, which Uncle Gary is obviously gonna rig for us, and b) an unknown amount of time to clean house where my rooting purposes are effectively donezo, barring a small handful of players who mostly don't play together.

If either of JJ or JS are still on the team whenever regular season play begins again...why? That's the bare minimum bar to clear. I'd look for bigger changes, but why the gdf were these two especially-rancid-together players *both* getting jerseys in an elimination game? They're not the whole problem, indeed I recognize that they're easy scapegoats, but it's still gotta be asked and I'll just hang up and listen.

Fam, have a good one.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Not sure if this was posted but I’m not back reading

2321F07E-B82D-4A6D-B71C-5272C54ED0B4.jpeg

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Pens are really due.

I keep hearing 1975, 1975, 1975.

It has been a decade and a half since we last had something like this happened to the Pens.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Read an article this morning. Since Crosby and Malkin have been on the team (2006-19), the Penguins are either number one or tied for number one in the league in:

1. Cups (with 3)
2. Finals (with 4)
3. Conference Finals (with 5)
4. Playoff Series wins (with 20
5. Overall Playoff wins (with 97)
6. Playoff appearances (with 14)

Spoiled doesn't even begin to cover it. Yeah, this is the most amazing era in Pittsburgh hockey history, no matter how you slice it. Reading these posts you'd think the team was just chumps.

So let's stop watching Penguins hockey, caring about the results of playoff series, and just savor memories of past Cup runs.

You argument makes no sense to me. All these past achievements are irrelevant to what's happening now. Habs won't open their doors for our forwards simply because Pens have more cup finals than anybody else in 2006-2019.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Y'all can say whatever you want to this post as I don't care but it was obvious Pens lost on purpose...why? core getting older, get a chance at that guy 1st overall to help when Crosby/Malkin get older.
Professional hockey players don’t think that way.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

dekem

Sep 2, 2005
Penguin fan since 1983
Most embarrassing series loss ever
Crosby bailing on the power play said it all. There is an unrepairable disconnect between some of the players and the coaching staff. Fire the staff, get rid of MM, JJ, ZAR, JS, Sheary, Marleau, Peterson, Mccann

Reactions: Gains

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Penguin fan since 1983
Crosby bailing on the power play said it all. There is an unrepairable disconnect between some of the players and the coaching staff. Fire the staff, get rid of MM, JJ, ZAR, JS, Sheary, Marleau, Peterson, Mccann

Pretty sure the ‘93 loss was the most embarrassing.

Pens had set the all time consecutive playoff wins record and were b2b cup winners vs this team that finished the season 3-8.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Add Boston to the list of fans who know how this movie ends.

It honestly was pretty close to the best result possible. Jake obviously was no where near back for one thing.

Yea I get that. But then they still have Sullivan and Riechi.

Staues that dont understanbd the meaning of the "between game adjustments" "in game adjustments"

Go Crosby ! Go Malkin ! is not a game plan. Unless you are 8 years old.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Penguin fan since 1983
Watching Sid play with these stiffs reminded me of Mario and the stiffs that surrounded him from 84 to 86.

New GM would be refreshing. Re-set from the top. Worked well for Bruins as declining champions.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I'm glad they lost to the habs, because i couldn't have stomached losing to the f***ing flyers and make no mistake about it, Flyers would've beat the Pens.
Would have swept them no problem.

Like they will do to the habs.

Who ever plays the habs will sweep them.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Pens had a great first line going into the series.................then the coach put Sheary on it.

Julien says thanks !

Some one ought to tell Sully that a coaches goal is suppose to be winning the series. Not to balancing the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad