Series Talk: Pens vs. Habs --- THIS IS IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
I expect superstitious Sid to have one of the best games of his career today. How many times is he ever going to play a game that means anything on his birthday.

I also expect the Pens as a whole to play down to their competition again.

Last edited:

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Interesting, we didn't fleece a team for MM at the trade deadline for 3 games. Solid asset management.

That's easy to do with revisionist history. Who trades a 2 time SC winning goaltender that's like 23 years old either? Who knew he'd go from Patrick Roy to Patrick Lalime in that short a time? People would be bitching we kept Fleury and traded Roy in his youth/prime if we traded Murray instead. Or we'd have Desmith before this year.

Why don't we go back and redo the Kessel trade and make sure we deal Pouliot instead of Kapanen? Better yet lets go back and make sure we don't do the Naslund for Stojanov trade.

If life only worked that way...quick someone get the time stone from the Avengers.

Reactions: Gold Diamond

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
That's easy to do with revisionist history. Who trades a 2 time SC winning goaltender that's like 23 years old either? Who knew he'd go from Patrick Roy to Patrick Lalime in that short a time? People would be bitching we kept Fleury and traded Roy in his youth/prime if we traded Murray instead. Or we'd have Desmith before this year.

Why don't we go back and redo the Kessel trade and make sure we deal Pouliot instead of Kapanen? Better yet lets go back and make sure we don't do the Naslund for Stojanov trade.

If life only worked that way...quick someone get the time stone from the Avengers.

Ugh, Alek Stojanov.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

It’s a funny sport. Murray over Fleury was a slam dunk obvious move. Then Murray had some injury issues, the game changed a bit and now in hindsight Fleury would have been better. Makes no sense but that’s how it goes.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Ehh trading MM isn't as deep as all those scenarios since he was probably gone end of this season anyways. He's probably going to Seattle now.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
the bleeding has stopped. if serious changes aren't made to staff and the roster, it wouldn't matter if they drafted a team of Lafrenieres.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
For an elimination game, this team had zero heart, zero soul, and zero desperation.

They need some massive retooling. Too many passengers. Pfft. Guy don’t care.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Y'all can say whatever you want to this post as I don't care but it was obvious Pens lost on purpose...why? core getting older, get a chance at that guy 1st overall to help when Crosby/Malkin get older.

Reactions: Canad13ns

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Glad we lost. Real changes can happen now. If we struggled with Montreal, we'd only get pasted by Boston, Washington, Philly, or whoever else we ended up playing in the 1st round.

Mario better go nuclear. JR gone. Sully gone. Recchi gone. Torch the roster except for a handful of forwards and a handful of blueliners.

Sid, Geno, Jake, Zucker, Rust, Marino, Letang, Dumo, Jarry. Don't really care if anyone else sticks around, and if the deal makes sense, I wouldn't be too bent out of shape if we ended up trading Geno or Letang. Though, for it to make sense we'd have to fleece someone, and nobody's paying premium for aging vets making a ton of money, so keep 'em and build around them.

Reactions: Pens17

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Y'all can say whatever you want to this post as I don't care but it was obvious Pens lost on purpose...why? core getting older, get a chance at that guy 1st overall to help when Crosby/Malkin get older.
they're going to look really silly when Edmonton gets the 1st overall pick

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
they're going to look really silly when Edmonton gets the 1st overall pick
Even if we don't win the lottery, we'll have the... What, 14th pick or something? Package that with Murray and you can probably sneak into the top-10. If the team is desperate enough for a goalie, maybe even the top-5.

Lafrenière or not, I'm not crying about what happens at the draft. :laugh:

Reactions: domaug

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
This team is spoiled and doesn't deserve another superstar through the luck of the draw. It needs to make some changes, ship out some dead weight, and rebuild its identity.

I like Sully, but somewhere in the past couple of seasons he got completely neutered and lost his edge. Maybe he never had it and he needed Tocchett to be the police? It certainly isn't REX

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Atleast this pretty much ends JJ here 1 way or another. Get The f*** Out You Clown! Buy him out if you have to, the guy sucks so bad. Even Murray has got PTSD from watching him play.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Genuinely; blow it up. Get rid of the entire front office. Get rid of the entire coaching staff. Strip this roster down to studs and bolts. Gear up for one or two last shots.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
The right lineup was never played. Politics cost and penguins the series. It should cost people their jobs, end of story.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I wonder how many Montreal fans are conflicted about even wanting to win tonight and the series. They got dominated for much of the game, winning this series like that would not give confidence about going very much deeper into the playoffs.
Habs Fan here. Absolutely did not want to win this series. Which was not a concern for any of us. Then the series started. With each game I was astounded by how many plain bad hockey players Jim Rutherford has put into the Pens line up. Sheary, Schultz, Tanev, Peterson, Sheary, Blueger, Marleau, Johnson, Reese ...the list goes on. I mean come on. These guys stink. BUT SO DO THE CANADIENS.
Sullivan was out coached. Just like he was the in 018 AND 019 by Trotts.

Sheary nailed to Sid line every game???.......this kid spends the entire night on his ass.

Dont know if you guys are aware. This Canadiens team:

* Has not won a round in 5 years.
* They lost 8 straight TWICE in this shortened season.
* Tomas Tatar their leading scorer
* The Red wings beat them 4 outta 4.... in regulation.

Ive been a Habs fan for over 40 years. The 202o Habs are the worst Canadiens team I have ever seen.

Yea, yea wanted that draft pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Habs Fan here. Absolutely did not want to win this series. Which was not a concern for any of us. Then the series started. With each game I was astounded how many plain bad hockey players Jim Rutherford has put into the Pens line up. Sheary, Schultz, Tanev, Peterson, Sheary, Blueger, Johnson, Reese ...the list goes on. I mean come on. These guys stink. BUT SO DO THE CANADIENS.

Sheary nailed to Sid line every game???.......this kid spends the entire night on his ass.

Ive been a Habs fan for over 40 years. The 202o Habs are the worst Canadiens team I have ever seen.

Thank you for making us happy to have lost.

Now watch us be giddy Monday night.

Reactions: 66-30-33 and PaulD

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Habs Fan here. Absolutely did not want to win this series. Which was not a concern for any of us. Then the series started. With each game I was astounded how many plain bad hockey players Jim Rutherford has put into the Pens line up. Sheary, Schultz, Tanev, Peterson, Sheary, Blueger, Johnson, Reese ...the list goes on. I mean come on. These guys stink. BUT SO DO THE CANADIENS.

Tanev is amazing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad