Series Talk: Pens vs Habs Round 1 Best of Five - Episode 5: Camme toé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Petry vs Sid should also be a cake walk for Sid.

They have one line and one high-quality d-man. They have a great coach and a good system.

Decent possession stats over the last three years :dunno: obviously doesn't mean too much if the shooters or goalies get hot (which they have, as that matchup is 5-2 to Sid over the last three years), but I wouldn't be super confident. Doesn't do too bad vs Letang either.

He does do bad against Malkin and Rust.

And so does Weber.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Decent possession stats over the last three years :dunno: obviously doesn't mean too much if the shooters or goalies get hot (which they have, as that matchup is 5-2 to Sid over the last three years), but I wouldn't be super confident. Doesn't do too bad vs Letang either.

He does do bad against Malkin and Rust.

And so does Weber.

Kunitz used to have great possession stats :laugh:

I really hate these shot-based metrics.

Reactions: Dominance

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The Penguins SHOULD roll Montreal.

But I ain't counting any of those chickens, yet. The Penguins hardly looked anything close to world-beaters... or even just a playoff team... last I saw them.

Their last foray into the postseason ended in a giant damned conflagration against a team they should have handled, too.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Kunitz used to have great possession stats :laugh:

I really hate these shot-based metrics.

Let your hate make you stronger :sarcasm:

I don't entirely trust them, but I don't know a better objective metric, and I like objective metrics. Even if in five games they're unlikely to even out and it'll be shooters vs goalies with a side order of unstoppable chances given up.

Besides, Petry will probably get Danault & co if he's vs Sid, right? So that'll affect things.

But I ain't counting any of those chickens, yet. The Penguins hardly looked anything close to world-beaters... or even just a playoff team... last I saw them.

Their last foray into the postseason ended in a giant damned conflagration against a team they should have handled, too.

Well the good news is neither did the Habs :naughty:

But yeah. You're right, even if training camp has been mostly reassuring.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Let your hate make you stronger :sarcasm:

I don't entirely trust them, but I don't know a better objective metric, and I like objective metrics. Even if in five games they're unlikely to even out and it'll be shooters vs goalies with a side order of unstoppable chances given up.

Besides, Petry will probably get Danault & co if he's vs Sid, right? So that'll affect things.

Well the good news is neither did the Habs :naughty:

But yeah. You're right, even if training camp has been mostly reassuring.

I like objective metrics, but I like context better. Sports or business.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'd complain about us missing playoffs, not getting the lottery pick and giving our 1st round pick to Guerin. Probably because he wants to have a good relationship with him for future deals.
You're just looking to find problems. Don't worry, nowadays it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

Put up the red flags and feel free to hide under your bed. To suggest this team even remotely resembles that team, and that the opponents are remotely equivalent defies logic, sound reasoning and common sense.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Does raise some questions about how much we've prepped for them as a team - either it hasn't been a whole lot, or ZAR has a real bad memory...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
ZAR isn’t even a NHL regular at this point. It’s just perfect locker room material for the Habs.

And more so makes me worry that this team
thinks Montreal will be push overs.
I applaud ZAR, I hope it angers the Habs and there's NOTHING they can do about it. Well, they could take out Sid or Geno. Even so I believe we still win this series in hand.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Does raise some questions about how much we've prepped for them as a team - either it hasn't been a whole lot, or ZAR has a real bad memory...
Or, we play our game, we dictate the game, we utilize our speed, and we render the Habs helpless.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
What is it about Pittsburgh athletes, that are nobodies, running their mouths???

Whats ZAR gonna way next, he’ll be the leading 4th line point scorer?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

What a dumbass. Like, what a joke of a statement from ZAR.

I don’t think he was Anthony Smith trolling the Habs...I think it was meant to express a pretend ignorance in order to say “my line is not seeing the Habs first line”....btw this is just confirmation to me that he is seeing the first line and Sully is taking our advice and playing ZAR-Blue-Tanev against Danault

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don’t think he was Anthony Smith trolling the Habs...I think it was meant to express a pretend ignorance in order to say “my line is not seeing the Habs first line”....btw this is just confirmation to me that he is seeing the first line and Sully is taking our advice and playing ZAR-Blue-Tanev against Danault

Didn't in the regular season fwiw. Mainly used them against Suzuki and Domi.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Didn't in the regular season fwiw. Mainly used them against Suzuki and Domi.
You didn't answer my question, I'll ask again, what makes you think Sully won't have the team prepared for the Habs?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think people are just wanting to shit on ZAR. It's a weird time and I took that as he just was disengaged from hockey for that 5 month period so he lost touch with who is on what team/line.

Honestly.. it will take me a minute to remember their whole team w/o looking. I honestly couldn't name you a single line of theirs. They were fading and not in the picture so I stopped paying attention to them. But even the Flyers/Caps/etc.. I'd have to look up the rosters against and get back in that zone.

That's how I took it.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I think people are just wanting to shit on ZAR. It's a weird time and I took that as he just was disengaged from hockey for that 5 month period so he lost touch with who is on what team/line.

Honestly.. it will take me a minute to remember their whole team w/o looking. I honestly couldn't name you a single line of theirs. They were fading and not in the picture so I stopped paying attention to them. But even the Flyers/Caps/etc.. I'd have to look up the rosters against and get back in that zone.

That's how I took it.
Perhaps, but the standard response in situations like this, as to not generate bulletin board material, is to talk up the Habs players and say that they’ve got some really great and dynamic forwards that are dangerous and capable of winning battles against anyone...

Doesn’t matter if you don’t mean it or it’s not true, you say it anyway.

Instead, ZAR just gave the Habs and the Montreal media raw meat to chew on as it will be perceived as a sleight from Reese, essentially calling them a bunch of nobodies that don’t stand a chance against the Pens.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Perhaps, but the standard response in situations like this, as to not generate bulletin board material, is to talk up the Habs players and say that they’ve got some really great and dynamic forwards that are dangerous and capable of winning battles against anyone...

Doesn’t matter if you don’t mean it or it’s not true, you say it anyway.

Instead, ZAR just gave the Habs and the Montreal media raw meat to chew on as it will be perceived as a sleight from Reese, essentially calling them a bunch of nobodies that don’t stand a chance against the Pens.
And?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I dont think the players are taking this like a normal Cup. It will get there as the games go on, but right now it seems like all teams know what this is and are just going about it.

Now when puck drops, things will change.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Return of the Paek

Jun 19, 2016
I dont think the players are taking this like a normal Cup. It will get there as the games go on, but right now it seems like all teams know what this is and are just going about it.

Now when puck drops, things will change.

I hope so Cole, any indicia of the players not giving a sh** will ruin the entire thing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad