Series Talk: Pens vs Habs Round 1 Best of Five - Episode 5: Camme toé

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If we're talking about strip clubs, they're disgusting and pointless. Especially considering people like Mark Madden go to strip clubs. That is a hill I will gladly die on.

I make jokes but I agree. I don't really understand the appeal. It seems a little desperate and creepy.

But hey good for those girls... makin' bank off of thirsty bros.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I haven't been to a strip club in years.

I went last for my cousin's bachelor party. Mostly it was completely boring and honestly pretty pathetic and sad.

Maybe I simply don't have that gene. I thought the same thing when I went to Vegas and tried gambling.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I haven't been to a strip club in years.

I went last for my cousin's bachelor party. Mostly it was completely boring and honestly pretty pathetic and sad.

Maybe I simply don't have that gene. I thought the same thing when I went to Vegas and tried gambling.

lol...me too...I’ve represented women who work in those clubs and most have terrible issues, including drug problems...they don’t appeal to me in the least...I don’t like to go to Vegas between the smoke filled interiors and the gambling, however, I do love a good in-person poker game...

Reactions: Jaded-Fan and KIRK

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
lol...me too...I’ve represented women who work in those clubs and most have terrible issues, including drug problems...they don’t appeal to me in the least...I don’t like to go to Vegas between the smoke filled interiors and the gambling, however, I do love a good in-person poker game...
You probably try to cheat in the poker game. It wouldn't surprise me in the least. Always trying to get that edge, right Andy?

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Funny thing is, because of the lottery not only Montreal fans, but Philly, Washington, Columbus, Boston, Islander and Detroit, and likely many other teams', fans are all rooting harder for the Pens to win this series than even Pens' fans.

Bask in the one time only, I wouldn't say universally loved, but more feared, being the darlings of the entire hockey universe.

Because every single one of them knows if the Pens lose this series, then Uncle Gary is going to see to it that the Pens win the lottery.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If you cheat at that, what else does one cheat at? IMO it reveals piss poor character.

Or maybe it reveals that you take a stupid game of zero real consequences entirely too seriously if that's an actual conclusion you think you can draw from playing casual games of cards with friends and family.

I'm not talking high stakes baccarat with Goldfinger here, man.

Reactions: EightyOne

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Screen-Shot-2020-07-23-at-12.09.33-PM.png

The good news, to offset the Jack Johnson factor, is the Pens 2nd line. Pretty much universally seen as the Pens trump card in matchups, especially against Montreal. Per the article referenced on the first page in this thread . . .

'The chemistry he (Rust) had with Malkin was hard to deny and the two tore the league up outscoring opponents 46-30 with a sparkling 58 percent expected goals rate. That’s a very difficult “second” line to stop, especially once you add deadline acquisition Jason Zucker to the mix. He scored at a 66-point pace in 15 games as a Penguin and has a history in Minnesota of being a strong play-driver . . . That second line is worth 8.5 combined wins of value and is not only the best second line in the league, but it also challenges most team’s top lines – including Pittsburgh’s . . .

The problem is that Montreal doesn’t have a duplicate line to stifle the Penguins’ next wave. Stopping Crosby’s unit isn’t enough, not when Malkin’s group looks just as potent and that’s the biggest difference between the two clubs. That six-win gap I mentioned earlier? Look no further than the difference between the two clubs’ second lines where it’s likely Malkin and company make short work of whichever combination of players Montreal tries to match up against them with. Montreal has a deep group of top six calibre forwards, but there’s not enough high-end talent within the group to go up against Pittsburgh’s other top line.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Or maybe it reveals that you take a stupid game of zero real consequences entirely too seriously if that's an actual conclusion you think you can draw from playing casual games of cards with friends and family.

I'm not talking high stakes baccarat with Goldfinger here, man.
If it's a stupid game as you suggest why cheat at it? That's absurd!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Gotta repost the Jack Johnson section . . . good lord . . . :laugh:

Pittsburgh has a slight edge when it comes to the top four, but that’s mitigated by the team’s bottom pair which is anchored by the team’s largest problem, Jack Johnson, whose presence is costing the Penguins one entire win of value. Yikes.

That may seem like a harsh valuation for a player earning just shy of 20 minutes, but the simple act of receiving minutes does not in any way say anything about the actual quality of play provided in those minutes. In Johnson’s case, it’s a reverse Midas situation where everything he touches sours immediately.

Remember those sketchy Crosby numbers I mentioned above? In 203 minutes together, Crosby has a 39 percent expected goals rate when Johnson is on the ice and is outscored by a two-to-one margin. When he’s off, his numbers jump back up to his normal 57 percent range. It’s a similar story with Kris Letang. WOWY’s are generally flawed because they ignore the other eight skaters on the ice, but in these extreme cases, the message seems to be pretty clear toward the type of negative effect Johnson can have. He unsurprisingly had the team’s worst 5-on-5 numbers and simply taking him out of the lineup would provide a massive boost to the team, adding three percentage points of series win probability.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Because every single one of them knows if the Pens lose this series, then Uncle Gary is going to see to it that the Pens win the lottery.

#PickinFirstOrPickinThirtyFirst

edit: p.s. KIRK I've already have to read that once today, why torment me a second time?

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad