Rumor: Pens Trying to Trade Ian Cole

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Pens fans, why is he on the outs with Sullivan?

If the consensus is that he's worth around a 2nd/3rd, I'd be confident a deal could be swung with PIT for Cole+ for Bozak.

PIT is looking for a #3C anyways and we could use a low-pairing guy to replace Carrick/Marincin.

9pts in 25 playoff games last year with 18:50 avg TOI are decent numbers.

As of late? He keeps taking way to many penalties.

But this is why he is really good in the playoffs, refs don't call interference in the playoffs, he can get away with more.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

If the consensus is that he's worth around a 2nd/3rd, I'd be confident a deal could be swung with PIT for Cole+ for Bozak.

PIT is looking for a #3C anyways and we could use a low-pairing guy to replace Carrick/Marincin.

9pts in 25 playoff games last year with 18:50 avg TOI are decent numbers.

Cole is very outspoken and Sullivan doesn't like that. Especially when cameras and mics are involved. I've heard it reported on local sports radio (from 'sources close to the team') that they just have clashing personalities, for what it's worth.

I think Cole is one of the Penguins only trade-able assets that would bring a good return without taking too much away from the team and is one of the areas of depth that they have at the moment. I'd be willing to wager that any type of rift between the two is played up and would not be a major cause for any trade.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
We would have 8D on roster when Schultz comes back. With Ian Cole being scratched with Schultz out, I find it hard not to believe some trade is already or will be in place for Cole when Schultz comes back.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
We would have 8D on roster when Schultz comes back. With Ian Cole being scratched with Schultz out, I find it hard not to believe some trade is already or will be in place for Cole when Schultz comes back.

Cole is alot better than Hunwick. I would trade Hunwick and pair Cole and Schultz together.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Sullivan and Cole seem to have similar personalities, which causes them to butt heads. That's at least my take on it from afar.

I'd also rather keep Hunwick over Cole, Hunwick will be a lot cheaper and I think he fits the Penguins system better than Cole does.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Sullivan and Cole seem to have similar personalities, which causes them to butt heads. That's at least my take on it from afar.

I'd also rather keep Hunwick over Cole, Hunwick will be a lot cheaper and I think he fits the Penguins system better than Cole does.

I would keep Cole. He is our most physical Dman and he is better than Hunwick.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Cole is alot better than Hunwick. I would trade Hunwick and pair Cole and Schultz together.

We are trying to get value, Hunwick won’t do that.

Not to mention that Cole isn't someone we can afford to sign this summer - even if Hunwick is no longer here. Move Cole, get value and move on. If we're still unhappy with Hunwick in the summer, look to move him next year - with his contract, it will not be hard at all.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
All quiet on this front now?
Or did the injury bug strike and put it on hold?

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
They have 3 D injured right now, Letang, Schultz and Ruhwedel. But when they start coming back (JR said Letang and Schultz might be back mid week), one will be moved

ZamboniWhip

Apr 9, 2016
What i find interesting that in the last 2 years Sullivan coached the pens i never heard of this rift between him and Cole, first i heard of their rift is this year when Cole was benched for few games and got pissed and demanded trade. All this personality clash with Cole or Cole is too outspoken for Sully is BS. Honestly if I had to get my face reconstructed after blocking shot for you, then 2 weeks after coming back i get benched...i'd want out too.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad