Rumor: Pens Trying to Trade Ian Cole

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Babcock loves him, he'd rather lose a limb than trade him
I don't think the Leafs are going to trade anyone off the roster. Bozak,Komarov,JVR doubtful.
Picks or prospects is about it. Unless it's for a long term player they have been specifically targeting. That's not Cole.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't think the Leafs are going to trade anyone off the roster. Bozak,Komarov,JVR doubtful.
Picks or prospects is about it. Unless it's for a long term player they have been specifically targeting. That's not Cole.

I wouldn't think so, Cole would be useful but giving up assets for bottom pair upgrades doesn't interest me that much

Potential top 4 upgrades are a different matter

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Ian Cole (2.1 UFA)
5th Round Pick ***
*** = becomes 3rd rounder if Gudbranson re-signs w/ PIT

for

Erik Gudbranson (3.5 UFA)
40% RETAINED = (2.1 cap hit)

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
What team is in need of a #5, physical, PK defenseman that they'd give something valuable for him?

Cole's value is in the fact that:
1-He's a #5, but can slot in as a #4 with the right partner.
2-He tends to raise his game come playoff time; he's quite the playoff warrior.

The downside is he's probably best utilized as a #5, and he's a UFA at the end of the season.
Sounds like McQuaid and Bruins have too many Right dee, sounds like something could happen here. Bruins also need a left dee.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Mcquaid for a 2nd. Toronto fan speaking.
I would do it but most Bruin fans love him too much. I see Miller doing what he does and slightly better. He is coming back from injury very soon and may be showcased. I have no idea what the plans are but he was not protected in the Vegas draft. The idea of trading him to a rival would be a problem though.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I would do it but most Bruin fans love him too much. I see Miller doing what he does and slightly better. He is coming back from injury very soon and may be showcased. I have no idea what the plans are but he was not protected in the Vegas draft. The idea of trading him to a rival would be a problem though.
There wouldn't be a problem though. Boston will still beat the leafs regardless of this trade.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
There wouldn't be a problem though. Boston will still beat the leafs regardless of this trade.
McQuaid still has value as one of the toughest fighters in the game, blocks a tonne of shots and is a good PK guy. Team mates like him and he gives it all out on the ice, true warrior. Had we not Kevan Miller then I would still keep him around. Big guy too, 6'4" with a stare that says you do not wanna go there. Yeah it will never happen within the division but who knows.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Pens are tanking again, aren't they?

Does sorta seem that way.
In my fantasy world, Sam Ventura is guiding them to a shot at Dahlin/top 3 pick with some much needed rest.
And Sully. To willfully ice the 4th line he's icing for 6 minutes a game, it's just, i can't fathom a b2b Cup winning coach doing that and thinking it's gonna lead to success...

Things are headed to the point where Horny is near the top of TSN's trade bait board and PIT can try and re-up him in the summer.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
26 pages for Ian Cole??? 2018 lets keep it a buck ya'll.

What's the summary on this one hf.
There is a Blues forum that has massive thread about Cole. It started with some poster who seems to be obsessed with Cole saying that Cole was getting big minutes in Pittsburgh due to him being a great player rather than injuries, right after the trade. It has morphed into so many other things since the OP was wrong but can’t admit it, like how it’s Bouwmeester’s fault Cole is gone and how Armstrong has ruined the Blues by trading Cole. It’s insane, but there are a couple of posters who love to bump it back to the front page just to mess with the guy. He is unhinged!

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Pens are tanking again, aren't they?

That'd be an interesting strategy to take following back-to-back titles. More likely they thought their core was good enough to stay in playoff position until they could fill the roster holes opened up by the summer exodus of Bones, Cullen, Daley, etc.

But Crosby looks like he did in the first half of '15-'16 and Letang is playing his dumbest hockey ever, so they're a bubble playoff team at the best of times with this roster, and worse when Schultz and Letang are out.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I'd like Colle as a Leafs fan, but we can afford to give up Bozak without another C to replace him.
Colle + Sheehan for Bozak + Polak?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad