Recalled/Assigned: Pens re-assign Robert F Farnham to WBS

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Without footage of the practice, it's tough to know how serious this is. That said, if the media is picking up on it, lover of all things veteran grinders, then it was probably out of line. Ideally, he tries this **** again and Downie challenges him.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm not trying to piggyback off of Mackey here, and this is just my personal opinions but I could almost excuse Adams if he gave Malkin the business after having his face busted.

But going after Pouliot.. That seems like juvenile acting out. Almost like a shot at the coach.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Craig was complaining the other day about a team that decided they wanted to travel on the 26th. A crime against humanity! Maybe he should worry more about his job and less about NHLPA duties.

LionelHutz*

10353643_10204649094698704_8619738148882677759_n.jpg

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's ridiculous to me that Craig Adams is even still around to be a malcontent.

How is this guy in any way shape or form worth it?

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
First thing you want from your 4th line is to NOT be a liability. Regardless of their physical makeup, you want to know that you can throw them out there and they won't cost you on the scoreboard.

After that, you typically want them to either create energy via faster, less physical guys that "buzz" around and create havoc, or you want them to be big and physical and be some sort of crash line that instills fear in the other team. Sure you'd like a goal here and there, but in the end that's just a bonus.

Bylsma, and now MJ it seems, want to have "grit", which is a word I've grown to despise these last 4 years. Grit is fine, and having players that fit that description is fine too, but when they're incapable of being effective at the role they're given, you don't keep putting them out there based on some vision you have for them. You look at reality, like Sill and Adams being hemmed in their zone when the other 3 lines kept creating momentum, and you adjust accordingly.

We'd all love to have a Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck as our 4th line. We'd love to have Ryan Reaves, but MJ doesn't have the type of players to play in that role. However, he does have enough speedy agitators to create an effective 4th line, yet somehow they'll literally ALL be in WBS by the time everything is said and done.

I don't care how silly it is and how it makes me sound: I hate Craig Adams more than I've hated any other player to ever wear a Penguins sweater. It's not even a hockey thing, it's a right or wrong thing. In every walk of life, I've always despised people who somehow somehow manage to stay afloat regardless of incompetence, and others who deserve way better keep languishing because those in charge are too stupid to see what's what.

I can't wait for the end of the season where this guy is finally gone. It'll be worth an early exit just knowing I never have to see him in the lineup ever again.

That line would be a big reason why I would favor the Isles over the Pens right now in a 7 game series

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
My dream fourth line would look like this:

Prust - Gaustad - Bordeleau

A fourth line worth six million, but god damn. Realistically. I'd be fine with a Goc/Spaling and Comeau combination. It just needs that big body physical presence with it. A hybrid enforcer like Anthony Peluso would be a perfect fit.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It boggles the mind that Craig Adams is still around. His performance on the ice should have already sealed his fate, but these last little episodes where he's getting into it with Geno, and now potentially running a bluechip prospect who just returned from a shoulder injury in Pouliot.

What the ****, Pens? Get rid of him! He should have been waived/released this past summer.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well, it would appear as if the captain had the audacity to tell him to knock it off. So Crosby might want to watch his back, next practice. Since nobody tells Craig Adams what to do. Not even the people who employ him.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I think Adams thinks that if puts in extra effort in practice he'll get in the match-squad due to how well some people are performing. He isn't doing it in the right way.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
It's either amazing or gross like the coffee equivalent of his hockey. Bylsma would have liked grinder coffee.
I figure that he has to be good at something. Right? ... Right?

Adams is staying true to Dan and grinding any and all *****es down. It doesn't matter if it is a superstar or a coffee bean. Grind. Them. Down.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Just waiting for Harvard to headhunt Crosby as his coup de grace.

Or Maatta. Coming back from shoulder surgery, cancer, the mumps and shoulder rehab again, all in less than a year, only to be taken out by Craig Adams. Maybe both, and Bennett would be collateral damage because that's his luck.

Fun fact: Maatta has played more games than Bennett this season... Adams and Scuderi respectively have more than them combined. :cry:

I figure that he has to be good at something. Right? ... Right?

Adams is staying true to Dan and grinding any and all *****es down. It doesn't matter if it is a superstar or a coffee bean. Grind. Them. Down.

He's good at blackmail and/or ass kissing? But Disco's beloved grinder having a coffee story is priceless. :laugh:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Craig Adams is a cancer. Two years over two teams he proves to be a terrible person and a terrible hockey player.

where is dear diary. where's ja rule

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad