GDT: Pens @ Oil. | SNET 360

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
As per 3 pages of a PGT on gameday anybody sense a general lack of anticipation about games now? Its like any buzz has evaporated. We're playing the Pitts Pens, two time SC champs at home and its like Carolina canes board thread in here.

Its kind of bizarre but a game of this profile would typically be in a dozen pages by now. Especially considering how vital this game is. I kind of wonder if the team and the fanbase are kind of bored or if so many have turned the page. Maybe its the board changeover but is this place ever dead.
This site has lost a great many posters since the changes.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This site has lost a great many posters since the changes.
We are also playing like absolute shit this year and these boards are quite hard to tolerate at times.

Game 7 of World Series is something that could have people looking the other way as well tonight

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
No but I don't think downgrading the team in the offseason was the best idea either. It's pretty funny to hear people bash Eberle for his playoff performance (and rightfully so I might add) while Kassian, Slepsyhev and Cagguila have combined for one paltry assist.

Add in we are last in the league for Power Play with 12.1% and second last for pk with 70.3%
The issue isn't one player but consistently losing the special teams battle.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I hope your optimism is rewarded.

I have been saying that things are going to turn around for a few weeks now. They have gotten better but there is plenty of room left for further improvement. :nod:

I like what I am seeing overall (the past few games including the road trip) but the turnaround is taking longer than I thought it would.

Reactions: Night Witch

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I have been saying that things are going to turn around for a few weeks now. They have gotten better but there is plenty of room left for further improvement. :nod:

I like what I am seeing overall (the past few games including the road trip) but the turnaround is taking longer than I thought it would.
If our PP/PK comes out positive we win. If not we don't stand a chance imo.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
If our PP/PK comes out positive we win. If not we don't stand a chance imo.

Agreed. The Oilers have actually been very good 5vs5, and if their shooting % was even close to a normal level they would be lights out in that area this year. They need be like Kevin Spacey and stay out of the box tonight.;)

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
I have a daughter being born today. My first kid. Id like an Oilers win.

i am fairly certain that the birth of my first daughter coincided with oilers turnaround season. With that said, let your daughter bring forth great oilers success. =)

and happiness for you and your family and junk too

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
We are also playing like absolute **** this year and these boards are quite hard to tolerate at times.

Game 7 of World Series is something that could have people looking the other way as well tonight

Yep. The board is polluted with constant negativity (some of it warranted) so I'm sure that some posters just don't want to deal with it anymore. Don't really think the World Series is a factor in driving hockey fans away.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
No but I don't think downgrading the team in the offseason was the best idea either. It's pretty funny to hear people bash Eberle for his playoff performance (and rightfully so I might add) while Kassian, Slepsyhev and Cagguila have combined for one paltry assist.

I mean, even if we accept that there was a downgrade in terms of who replaced who, there's still internal growth. It was a really good bet that Pulju, Nurse, Benning, Caggiula, Khiara Klef and Larsson would take steps forward, and that's not COUNTING the godlike yearly improvements expected of McDavid and Drai. But only one player of SEVEN has shown improvement at all (Nurse). That's super poor and speaks to internal development issues if anything, not the GM.

I still say it was totally reasonable to think this team would stay in the top-20 of the league until Sek came back, top-15 once he was back. That's why Vegas had the oilers making the playoffs no problem.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Todd looks like he lost some weight

heh, that was my first thought. Maybe watching the Oilers play makes him sick and effects his appetite.

Doesn't impact me that way. I watch the Oilers and they make me nervous and I want snacks..

Aside from that its bafflegab. It rarely matters what a coach says to the pressers about a team that is not together on game plan in the first place.

I will give McLellan credit though is he was already concerned about the teams approach in preseason and knew something was wrong.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
FYI for those that might not be in the know, apparently the game is probably going to be on SNET 360 due to World Series. Some guide systems didn't update

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Feels like a guaranteed loss night to me and I'm just not in the mood for anymore Oilers BS. I'll watch my first baseball game of the season instead tonight.

(I feel shame just saying that)

Reactions: McDrai

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
FYI for those that might not be in the know, apparently the game is probably going to be on SNET 360 due to World Series. Some guide systems didn't update

Was just trying to figure out my PVR situation. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad