Post-Game Talk: Pens crash the Island: Ned puts the Carkins on his skin and so should you!

I was:

• A Negative Nancy

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Pens for life baby!

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
In the more serious analysis thing… it’s all about the defensive commitment and back pressure right now. We are more and more effectively forcing play to less dangerous parts of the ice, generating turnovers, and generally hounding dudes. The collective decision making is improving. Most excited I’ve been about this team in over a year. We could be on to something here. Dubas said “show me” and we are 7-1-1 since then. Reinforcements could be huge.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
IMG_6145.gif

@Ugene Magic

Reactions: Josey Wales

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
A good way to end the year with two regulation wins against the isles (along with a non-conference win). This team normally would have folded after the Isles got one back, so it's a positive sign that not only did they hold on, but they actually generated some chances of their own down the stretch. That might have been DOC's best game as a Pen. If they can ever get the PP going, they will be a playoff team.

Happy New Year Folks!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So Tampa won unfortunately…41 points is now WC2…however, if we beat the Caps on Tuesday and Tampa doesn’t get 2 points, we’ll be in a P.O. spot finally (at least until the Devils play lol)

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Like I told you, Z is ill. He forced it yesterday, but back-to-back is overkill in this situation.
Sullivan was outright asked whether it was related to health or just a coach's decision, and he confirmed it was a coach's decision. Not related to Zohorna's health at all.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Sullivan was outright asked whether it was related to health or just a coach's decision, and he confirmed it was a coach's decision. Not related to Zohorna's health at all.
It's a coach's decision because Z was available. Sullivan felt that he'll get more out of Hinostroza, rather than a sick Zohorna in a back-to-back situation.

Anyways, Rust is back on Tuesday, at which time they need to demote guys. Their choices there will say it all.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
What are we?

Did we underperform early? Are we overperforming now? Are guys figuring it out? I have no idea. What a wild 2023.

Great job for Neds though. Man what a great signing.
I think it’s a combination of the two things you said. I think both there was a massive change out of the roster to begin with to start the season as well as lately having called up players finally figuring each other out and the team as a whole was underperforming to start.

I’m cautiously optimistic that they are finally putting it together. But I still think at best that puts us 3rd in the division or in a wildcard at seasons end. And that’s my most optimistic outcome.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
So Rust is allowed to come back Jan 2nd for the Caps game. Hinostroza most likely to be demoted.

Guentzel Crosby Rust
Smith Malkin O'Connor
Rakell Eller Puustinen
Zohorna Acciari Carter
Harkins

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
What are we?

Did we underperform early? Are we overperforming now? Are guys figuring it out? I have no idea. What a wild 2023.
This is an above average defensive team that is also getting exceptional goaltending. That makes sense, because a lot of acquisitions were made with shutdown ability in mind. Jarry and Ned were coinflips, and we lucked out so far.

Also a below average offensive team, much like last year. Getting carried by L1, who've been outstanding.
A lot of guys were changed, but we didn't really bring anyone who's an upgrade offensively over their predecessor, outside of Eller and Karlsson.
Rust found his game, but then Rakell fell off...so those things canceled each other out.
Petry was actually quite good offensively, with 31 points in 61 games. Heavy defensive minutes and not on PP1. EK's gonna get what, 55 points in 82 games on PP1 all year, if he doesn't get hurt?

He's fun to watch and everything, but he's not worth 6 mil more than Petry. It's a money sink.
He started the year well defensively, but now he's getting carried by his D partners and goalies.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
What are we?

We're a middling NHL team who can beat anyone or lose to anyone on any given night.

The Isles are very not good, though, and they're gonna free fall in the standings after inexplicably starting well.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad