Half-Assed GDT: PENS BLUES: This Might Be A Faulking Bad Time

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I love everything Bannister has done so far but feel like Alexandrov needs some playing time soon. I like Mac Mac but he’s a depth guy at best, Alexandrov can skate and forecheck too and has more skill to go with it.
This is an interesting case because it seems like the Blues are not happy with Alexandrov. He hasn’t played in 3 weeks and is the only guy that hasn’t been in a game since Bannister took over. And he was apparently a good player for Bannister in the AHL, so that says something. Also says a lot that we were playing Hugh McGing over him.

And the Blues aren’t wrong. He’s been downright bad in the games he’s played and has the worst metrics on the team in basically every category. I think it might even go beyond that - he had a bad training camp too so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did not train very hard over the summer and he is in the dog house because he doesn’t have an NHL body. The only thing keeping him here is waivers, but if he doesn’t show improvement quickly then the Blues won’t care about waiving him next season. He’s definitely been a disappointment because he showed some flashes last year.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Well deserved loss tonight. Played pretty awful which is not unexpected in third game in four nights after travel.

Fitrix

Mar 25, 2019
Nice break here, maybe gives Bannister a chance to actually instill his philosophy a bit more.

But man, Jamie Rivers is so unlistenable.

Reactions: BlueKnight

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Blues played a solid road game coming off a B2B and 3 in 4. Still look like a .500 team.

Fitrix

Mar 25, 2019
I hope not. I mean I guess he’d be better than Rivers but Vitale also sucks. He tries so hard to be that quirky funny guy and he’s not remotely funny at all.
Meh, different strokes perhaps.

Just feel spoiled missing Panger this year is ultimately what it is.

Reactions: BlueKnight

Fitrix

Mar 25, 2019
I'll be the 2nd. I am not a fan either. Same reason, he forces jokes and it is really awkward.
Genuinely asking cuz I watch more than listen, but is it worse than River’s “ring in the new year” comment in a 1-3 game on Buchy’s post?

I think everyone tries to be relatable without being in ANY way controversial which is where the skill comes in. Panger had so much time to develop that before coming to us.

Just feels like another of disappointments switching to Jamie Rivers and it feels better blaming that for the on ice disappointments lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad