Half-Assed GDT: PENS BLUES: This Might Be A Faulking Bad Time

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I was really hoping they would have picked Mike McKenna to take over for Panger
why? rivers was a crappy defenseman. heck, i think rivers coulda been a crappy goalie too. that hardly seems like it should be a qualification for the job.

Meh, different strokes perhaps.

Just feel spoiled missing Panger this year is ultimately what it is.
ifs funny, i found pang annoying but i gotta admit it was still better than listening to this year's broadcast.

Reactions: Fitrix

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Not surprising that The Blues were outplayed being on the road, travelling the night before, and the 3rd game in 4 nights. It was nice to see them score the nice PP goal, with Thomas being set up to blast that one-timer into the narrow opening. And it was nice to see Kapanen finally score his 4th goal, after many weeks. At least they haven't been blown out in most of Bannister's games.
At least they are watchable, and we can see how the young players progress.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
why? rivers was a crappy defenseman. heck, i think rivers coulda been a crappy goalie too. that hardly seems like it should be a qualification for the job.

ifs funny, i found pang annoying but i gotta admit it was still better than listening to this year's broadcast.
All 3 of Pang, Rivers, and Vitale talk way too much. I like Pang a little better than the other 2, but I don't enjoy him blabbing on while action is going on on the ice (especially about things that bear no relation to that particular game). I don't think Rivers is enough worse than most of The NHL TV or radio colour men I've heard. Most of them are "homers" too (to please their bosses).

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
This is an interesting case because it seems like the Blues are not happy with Alexandrov. He hasn’t played in 3 weeks and is the only guy that hasn’t been in a game since Bannister took over. And he was apparently a good player for Bannister in the AHL, so that says something. Also says a lot that we were playing Hugh McGing over him.

And the Blues aren’t wrong. He’s been downright bad in the games he’s played and has the worst metrics on the team in basically every category. I think it might even go beyond that - he had a bad training camp too so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did not train very hard over the summer and he is in the dog house because he doesn’t have an NHL body. The only thing keeping him here is waivers, but if he doesn’t show improvement quickly then the Blues won’t care about waiving him next season. He’s definitely been a disappointment because he showed some flashes last year.
Every draft that the Blues have participated in since 1971 has produced an NHL’er who played at least 100 games in the league. 2019 appears to be a legit risk of seeing that streak end unless Zherenko or Alexandrov can stick. The way things are going, Alexandrov is blowing his shot…though we all thought Sundqvist was a bust in his first year here, so maybe there’s still a breakout to come with Nikita next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reality Czech

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Thought Kessel played a very solid game! Hopefully he can step into an everyday role on the bottom pairing next year. Would like to see him get some more NHL games this season, but its going to be tough with all the bodies ahead of him in the line up this year.

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Thought Kessel played a very solid game! Hopefully he can step into an everyday role on the bottom pairing next year. Would like to see him get some more NHL games this season, but its going to be tough with all the bodies ahead of him in the line up this year.
i don't want faulk to be hurt badly, but i do want to see kessel get extended run of games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad