GDT: Pens at Canes

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Want to share this for no particular reason. Just nice picture.

D2EXVepXgAEaV0J.jpg

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Remember that we have bottom 3 PK after the first month? We have the 6th best PK as of now.

btw. Another beast game from Jordan. And we all thought that we gonna mess up the chemistry of the team. Jordan is underrated player.

Past is the time which is the reason why we take vengeance. But present is the time when we exact the vengeance.

Remember yesterday, but live today. Don’t be a Leaf fan.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Of course that’s not all. In 06 I watched Estaal score his first hat trick against philly in a dramatic victory and you could tell something was different. Then we started to come back against all sorts of good teams and you knew we were special.

This year has been a struggle to believe in. We were all over the place. Since the new year we’ve been on a roll that sometimes felt like momentum more than good. Tonight felt legit. We should’ve been out of this game when they scored with less than 5 left, but it just didn’t feel over. I wasn’t at all surprised we scored, but when Willy buried it for the first time I actually believed we’re going to the dance this year. Something is special. It’s chemistry over skill.

I don’t know how we’ll do but I believe we can beat any team in the playoffs in one series, we have the chemistry and mo to beat anyone over 7. I have no idea if we can beat 4 teams in a row but I can say with honesty if I were any team in the East I wouldn’t want to face us right now. We’re the team you’re supposed to be able to beat, but there’s a flicker of doubt haunting you. You’d rather face a team that’s expected to do better.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
update after the Columbus game

4 points back of the Islanders, 1 game in hand
2 points back of Pittsburgh, 2 games in hand
3 points up on Columbus, 1 game in hand
4 points up on Montreal, 1 game in hand

The remaining of the week:
Islanders: @ MON, @ PHI B2B ARZ
Pens: @ NAS, @ Dal
Us: TB, MIN B2B MON
CBJ: @ EDM, @ Van (west coast road trip)
MON: NYI, BUF, @ Car

I would say we need at least 3 points the rest of the week. We have a good opportunity this week playing Montreal on Sunday. Both will on the back ends of B2B but Montreal has to add travel. Also expecting Niemi to start Montreal's game against Buffalo. Hopefully, Buffalo gets to him. Niemi has a pedestrian .887 sv % and 3.78 GAA. If all goes well we could be at least 6 points up on Montreal, with Montreal having 5 games left.

Pittsburgh could get swept this week, if Dallas plays to their potential. Could catch them this week with a game in hand, if the scoreboard goes our way this week.
Columbus has an easy week and should be creeping up the standing this week. We need the points to keep them back.

Also need the Lightning and Capitals game tonight to be a fight all the way to the end buzzer with TB winning in regulation. Then we get to see the backup on Thursday, with a tired traveled bunch on the ice.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Aho played 4:18 in the OT. Why does the coach allow this? The guy was super tired and obviously gripping his stick way too hard and refuses to come off.

Because he trusts Aho? Not to mention having a PP in OT will increase that icetime.

And it didn't seem to bother Aho, considering he JUST missed the GWG with seconds left in the period.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Because he trusts Aho? Not to mention having a PP in OT will increase that icetime.

And it didn't seem to bother Aho, considering he JUST missed the GWG with seconds left in the period.
A GWG that he probably should've been able to put in. Was it because he was tired? Dunno. But if you watched the OT, it was absolutely ridiculous how he refused to come off the ice even before the PP. I get he's the best offensive player and trusted, but 4:18 is absurd. On top of that he's been pretty bad lately, so maybe lessen his load instead of increasing it, if he's tired in general?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad