Post-Game Talk: Pens 5, Habs 3 - The Atleast We're Better Than Montreal Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+++Oleksiak
IMO, our best D tonight. Looked very comfortable in his own zone plus made some very good zone exit passes. I also really like how he can hold possession at the blue line in the offensive zone. I just wish that he could unleash a blistering shot sometimes. Don't understand why he fought though, no need for it.

++DeSmith
Some unlucky bounces, but other than that he was very solid. Made some timely saves(ie: Penalty Shot). Surprising factor is that he's 6'0" tall. That is unheard of for a goalie.

+Brassard
Very big PP goal. Very solid and played a good 200 foot game tonight.

+Crosby's GOTY
WOW, all I've got to say.

-Letang
Dude ... cmon. It's getting out of hand.

I think Oleksiak is my favorite defenseman out of the bunch.

Oleksiak worked this give and go with Geno, where Geno came back to support the breakout then took off on the other side of the ice. Oleksiak saw him straight away and put the puck on his stick.

How sad is it that Oleksiak, not Letang or Dumo or Maatta, is the guy who's most likely to make that play.

@Scandale du Jour and I were discussing it during the game . . . compare how Oleksiak could recognize it but the three blind mice are slow to see it and then off in their passes again and again.

I have a feeling Sprong will never play for the Pittsburgh Penguins again.

I have a feeling you're right.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
this third line is awful, i think mostly due to real sh.... effort by kessel, he must be hurt, first half of the season he was shockingly engaged battled, but now he is just coasting, and with the spaz on the other wing that line is disaster

again we had over 70 games to build the fourth line that could play more than 4 minutes and we end up with kuhn and JJ, it may get better if simon and ZAR are back but they arenot world beater either

Dumo was driving me nuts all night with some scary plays in his zone

still our biggest flaw is poor forechecking, no support and rolling back high and slow transition back, thats why our defense get exposed, we need to sharpen up that NZ backchecking and wall play

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
- - - Almost the entirety on the first 2 periods save some choice and/or casual play that lead to goals. That first goal by Malkin could have been EASILY called back and the Hornqvist goal while pretty and a beam was a shot Price has been seen blocking half a million times.

- The train reck that is the refs in this league.

+ CDS - I love having a goalie battle for #2 neither are perfect but I love that we have two solid back ups going back and forth. It’s not Murray/Fleury depth but man am I glad we have tender depth.

+++ The entire 3rd period. That was flat out Penguins hockey we expect. Crisp passing. Fast start stop skating. And shooting during chances. All the while holding the Habs to the boards. Loved it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColePens

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
+ we won
+ HGH, Sid, Jake, Brass
-Letang, Dumo
- Geno did not get 4 points
— we’ll be lucky to get past the first found of the POs. Murray better get into God shape quickly...
Our top pairing is a dumpster fire right now.

Reactions: Andy99

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Oleksiak worked this give and go with Geno, where Geno came back to support the breakout then took off on the other side of the ice. Oleksiak saw him straight away and put the puck on his stick.

How sad is it that Oleksiak, not Letang or Dumo or Maatta, is the guy who's most likely to make that play.

@Scandale du Jour and I were discussing it during the game . . . compare how Oleksiak could recognize it but the three blind mice are slow to see it and then off in their passes again and again.

I have a feeling you're right.
Oleksiak has been playing in the wrong system his whole career. He's been dying to play in this system and now he shows up our other defenseman. No clue how our other D can't do it.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I watched this game but it was Montreal...

It's going to be close.... Can't wait to see you guys in Columbus on April 5th... Then the playoffs!!!

BOOM!!

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
He got caught out of position and turned the puck over also, he needs to shore up his game.

Are you saying Dumo is bad for one game or in general? I think he’s been good

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I'd put ZAR on Sids LW, keep the HGH line together and have Jake-Brass-Kessel

ZAR-Crosby-Sheary could be good. We have so many combinations and none are perfect. It’ll be a more of wait and see after Sully picks who he wants where.

I’m pretty sure Jake is not moving off Sid’s line if we start the playoffs well

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
All goals coming from our top 6 players.

Bout time
SINCE the deadline I've been concerned with the defense and nothing in the interim has dissuaded me from that opinion. With that in mind the producion of top six upfront is gonna be all the more important

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
ZAR-Crosby-Sheary could be good. We have so many combinations and none are perfect. It’ll be a more of wait and see after Sully picks who he wants where.

I’m pretty sure Jake is not moving off Sid’s line if we start the playoffs well
I like Jake with Phil and Brassard, that's arguably a 1st line quality 3rd line. ZAR surprisingly has meshed well with Sid, goes to the dirty areas, takes his pound of flesh and causes havoc around the net. I think that suits Sids game quite well.

Reactions: Freedom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad