Post-Game Talk: Pens 3 - Jets 0

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
Nobody's scoring and Connor is getting the best chances and is still leading the team in goals. Do you think there's an underlying issue with Connor that's preventing the rest of his teammates from scoring?
VooDoo

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Not the best effort. Scoring is a concern. I think I’d switch it up.

Ehlers Scheifele Vilardi
Connor Monahan perfetti
Barron Lowry Nino
Names kupari apples over the rest.

Get hanifin or chychrun and move pionk and Nate out. Samberg to rhd.

Josh demelo
HaniFhych samberg
Ville Dillon.

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
Eh, they are going through an offensive drought. It won't stay like this. Concerning though that they only had 10 shots on goal through 30 minutes. Pens are bad they should be getting more chances than that...
How do you know it won’t? They’ve fallen off around this time of the season more often than not.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Eh, they are going through an offensive drought. It won't stay like this. Concerning though that they only had 10 shots on goal through 30 minutes. Pens are bad they should be getting more chances than that...
I am not too worried about their overall play or the scoring drought.

The special teams though are getting to a point where they are starting to scare the shit out of me. This has been plaguing the Jets since the beginning of the season and we are now in Feb with no sign of special teams going in the right direction. The PP in particular is close to being a 5-alarm fire, forget generating goals, they can't even generate shots.

Last edited:

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Eeyore can't even.
OIG (2).jpeg

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Gotta start scoring some goals, shoot from everywhere right now and maybe on the net . Jets were rusty to start, played better as the game went along but there are too many guys that you expect to score not scoring all at the same time. Hopefully they come out flying tonight. Oops tomorrow.:laugh:

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I am not too worried about their overall play or the scoring drought.

The special teams though are getting to a point where they are starting to scare the shit out of me. This has been plaguing the Jets since the beginning of the season and we are now in Feb with no sign of special teams going in the right direction. The PP in particular is close to being a 5-alarm fire, forget generating goals, they can't even generate shots.
The PP is a big problem, i know the 2nd unit had to start a couple of the PP's because of the Scheifele line being on the ice and tired when the penalty was called but the 2nd unit should be able to generate something and they can't either.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I would like to thank all of you for your well wishes and kind words on the passing of my mother, it is really appreciated. After my father passed away, we did everything together. I took her shopping, to the doctor, all of her appointments, and even on holidays (mostly to Las Vegas). If I went out by myself, people would ask me, "Where's your Mom?" It will take time, but I have a lot of wonderful memories to always keep me smiling...

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
It seems that the code on beating the Jets was cracked some time back. Maybe it is time to change things up and give the opposition something new to think about. No style is meant to last without evolving to deal with the opposition.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Oh shit I didn't even know chef's goal got called back. Man...gotta turn this around fast Jets.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
As I posted in the GDT, I remember Dallas fans telling us when Bones was hired that he tends to stifle offense in order to get defense. I'm wondering if this is what we're seeing right now.

With the playoffs coming up, coaches seem to fall into their old, comfortable habits. We saw that with PoMo during his time here. So perhaps the D over O is Bones' habit.

I'm bracing myself for more of this behaviour while Bones is head coach.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad