Confirmed with Link: Penner to Capitals for 4th round pick

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I really don't care what, if anything, he does on the PP. That's the least of this team's concerns.

ryan519*

now that minny has picked up bryzgalov, any chance caps could land halak? would u guys think that would even be a good acquisition if it involved like neuvirth and maybe a 2nd rounder?

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
now that minny has picked up bryzgalov, any chance caps could land halak? would u guys think that would even be a good acquisition if it involved like neuvirth and maybe a 2nd rounder?

The value in swapping Neuvirth for Halak is clearing salary off the table for next year and whoever is in charge. I don't think Halak alone turns us into a playoff team.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
The value in swapping Neuvirth for Halak is clearing salary off the table for next year and whoever is in charge. I don't think Halak alone turns us into a playoff team.

Also doubt we can resign him which would mean gutting our goalie depth. Nuevy may be over paid but at least its the devil we know. Halak isn't gonna take less then 3 or 4 next year I do believe.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
This would be stupider than acquiring Arnott, who could make the Hall of Fame solely on his pp point production, and never playing him there.

Being left handed limits the things he can do in the slot. Pretty much the high tip is the only play worth while. In the corner he can come out front to screen and power move to the front.

Honestly I would like a different look for PP2 instead of the same 1-3-1. Maybe Ovechkin handling the puck on his side, just something different so teams cannot gameplan around the 1-3-1 with Ovechkin on the far side exclusively.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Major League Playoff Avatars!

If they make it.

images

These kind?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Being left handed limits the things he can do in the slot. Pretty much the high tip is the only play worth while. In the corner he can come out front to screen and power move to the front.

Honestly I would like a different look for PP2 instead of the same 1-3-1. Maybe Ovechkin handling the puck on his side, just something different so teams cannot gameplan around the 1-3-1 with Ovechkin on the far side exclusively.

Moving Ovechkin around and other players shooting takes care of that. They just don't do it. Whatever happened to that one sneaky backdoor play behind the net that Chimera pulled off? Haven't seen that since.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005

I think they are of similar quality but Halak is a pending UFA. If we swapped them I would expect something else coming back from Buffalo. For that reason probably not a good fit.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Those of you comparing Penner to Knuble were right on.

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein 1m
#Caps GMGM compared Penner to Knuble, talked how it was nice to get the deal done early and having someone on the left side with moving Erat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad