GDT: Penguins v Laughs @ The Paint Pot - 19:00EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think outside of last season he statistically is the typical 3rd liner on a good team both offensive and defensively... that doesn't mean we should settle for him and not look for another center... i think Rowney isn't ideal as a 4c

I put him in the Sutter of 3Cs category. He’s going to disappear in the playoffs his game is just suited for it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I want that half boards shot every PP, every game. Sid and Geno need to take that every chance they get or at least threaten it.

Apart from the goal though, Geno has been our worst player. He's completely lifeless and doesn't seem to want to be involved. He's throwing the puck away when he gets it, skating loops with no aim. IMO Letang has been pretty good, Maatta has looked a bit skittish since hitting the boards. Dumo has been assertive. Sid has been up and down. Be assertive FFS, take the puck to the net and try to score.

We could not look less interested in the defensive zone. No-one is looking over their shoulder checking where the Leafs are, no-one is tying up sticks until it's too late, no-one is predicting where the outlets are and getting a step. We look like an amateur team in the D zone tonight.

Geno looked like **** for about 30 minutes, but last 10 minutes of the 2nd period he was going. I understand that haters want to hate and it's fair to slam him for that first 30 minutes, but it's inane to rewrite what happened in the second half of the second to suit your narrative.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'm trying to keep the faith but this team isn't making it easy.

Here's a fun fact. These guys probably aren't gonna 3-peat.
Now try and enjoy the season. :)

The TOR trolls are something else tonight.
Like we're not a Cup calibre roster anymore.
Beating PIT atm really isn't a big deal. lol

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I really think its all about effort, they just can't get themselves to bring it every night and full 60 minutes, they can't and they won't. after two cups its in human nature to slow down especially when your stars are older and tired. when they get those spurts in games they look as god as anyone out there. the problem is in games like that if your goalie is not standing on his head and you don't have great puck luck you are gonna lose more games than win. At the end of last season and in the playoffs we were able to get 40 minutes effort most of the time, we had a ton of luck and our goalie was great...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I really think its all about effort, they just can't get themselves to bring it every night and full 60 minutes, they can't and they won't. after two cups its in human nature to slow down especially when your stars are older and tired. when they get those spurts in games they look as god as anyone out there. the problem is in games like that if your goalie is not standing on his head and you don't have great puck luck you are gonna lose more games than win. At the end of last season and in the playoffs we were able to get 40 minutes effort most of the time, we had a ton of luck and our goalie was great...

It’s hard to play 60 minutes when 30-40% of our forwards aren’t that good.

Reactions: EightyOne

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
That FlexSteel guy is from Jersey. I can tell by the extra 'r' he puts in water :laugh:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Here's a fun fact. These guys probably aren't gonna 3-peat.
Now try and enjoy the season. :)

The TOR trolls are something else tonight.
Like we're not a Cup calibre roster anymore.
Beating PIT atm really isn't a big deal. lol

I understand all this, I just don't like our compete level. It's disappointing.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Won't be the first time it's happened this season.

It’s not as nice when it happens further and further into the season although the Dec/Jan coach firing turning into a cup is a thing :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad