Recalled/Assigned: Penguins recall Matt Murray , Connor Sheary , and Kevin Porter from WBS

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
I wonder if Murray will play right away or he'll backup Zatkoff in tonight game, but I hope he'll get the more starts in Fleury absence.
And I really like to see Sheary in the NHL, and is better to have Porter in the pressbox then Wilson ot Sandqvist.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yep.Porter is redundant, we all know exactly what he is, a career AHLer. As a non playoff.team now is the time to see what your actual prospects can do.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Very excited to see two of these three players in the lineup. Lord, PLEASE give Sullivan the brains and fortitude and conviction to sit Porter out, and NOT Sheary or Sprong. Please please please!

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Very excited to see two of these three players in the lineup. Lord, PLEASE give Sullivan the brains and fortitude and conviction to sit Porter out, and NOT Sheary or Sprong. Please please please!

Thats what i.dont get, why bring a guy up just to.sit? Bring up a wilson/sundqvist and rotate them with Sheary in games to see what you have. They're not a playoff team, now's the time to experiment.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Thats what i.dont get, why bring a guy up just to.sit? Bring up a wilson/sundqvist and rotate them with Sheary in games to see what you have. They're not a playoff team, now's the time to experiment.

They haven't had an extra forward since Duper 'retired' so calling up 2 makes sense. Porter may be the long term 13th forward and Sheary is probably more of a Beau replacement. We will see who gets played, but that logic makes some sense.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I don’t see the big deal at all. Porter will be sitting the press box. They aren’t going to call up one of the Baby Pens’ top scorers just to scratch him. If they do, then by all means, ***** all you want, but only one of them are going to be playing...unless you wanted them to call up Wilson and Simon and scratch Sprong….

And Sullivan has been their coach all year. I’m sure he knows more about whether the call up should have been Simon, Wilson, or anyone else. Obviously he thought Sheary deserved the first shot.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
After the whole Sprong/Johnston-Rutherford debacle, I have to think Sullivan isn't dense and will keep Sprong in the lineup.

He gave Sprong 9 minutes in his first game. I think that's a good start. Obviously, this organization has big plans for Daniel Sprong so the coaching staff need to realize that.

If Tocchet really is the guy in charge of forwards now, then his head could be next on the chopping block if Sprong is sat out or benched again.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
After the whole Sprong/Johnston-Rutherford debacle, I have to think Sullivan isn't dense and will keep Sprong in the lineup.

He gave Sprong 9 minutes in his first game. I think that's a good start. Obviously, this organization has big plans for Daniel Sprong so the coaching staff need to realize that.

If Tocchet really is the guy in charge of forwards now, then his head could be next on the chopping block if Sprong is sat out or benched again.
I was just being a smartass.

Calling up Sheary and just to scratch him would be almost as stupid as scratching Sprong. That’s why I think people need to chill out about Porter getting the call up over guys like Wilson and Simon. He’ll be the 13th forward.

crosby is the sauce

Mar 24, 2010
Richmond, VA
Do you watch games? Porter was up for half the season already.

If you call playing only 8 games counting for half of the season. I just think Sullivan [bringing him up again] has some idea what he is doing since he has direct knowledge of Porters skill, coach-ability, etc. in 16 games in WBS and is enough to know he is a decent warm body to fill the roster even if he doesn't play.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
If any of those guys had a strong training camp (i.e. Wilson, Sheary, Rust, et al), Sprong would be playing in Charlottetown right now.

That said, it's encouraging that Wilson, Sheary and Simon in particular have played so well in the AHL so far this season.

I have to believe Simon is the next man up.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I don't see the problem. Porter is certainly not anything to write home about but at least he was visible when he played from a fourth line perspective. Sheary is yet another extremely small guy. I'm not expecting much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad