Recalled/Assigned: Penguins recall Matt Murray , Connor Sheary , and Kevin Porter from WBS

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver

Also Letang and Bennett placed on IR

UPDATE TWO: The Penguins officially recalled Murray, Sheary and center Kevin Porter on from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. To make room for them on the roster, Bennett and defenseman Kris Letang ("upper body") were placed on injured reserve.

From the Post Gazzette

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I want to see both Sheary and Murray in a real game, not a preseason one. If Sheary shows he's a NHL caliber player, that would be a huge boost for us.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Hopefully Murray has an alright game. The last thing we need is for his confidence to be shaken and mess with his development and play after owning the AHL, and then being supported by this blueline and offensive output.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Now for a taste of the Murray era before we trade him for a vet.

Wasn't Porter okay earlier in the season? It's meh but not criminal and WBS doesn't have two of its big offensive weapons taken for one to sit in the pressbox.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Admittedly I'm pretty excited to see Murray play. He's a pretty big bright spot right now.

Can he get some decent D and some goal support? Unlikely.

But excited for the kid. He deserves a shot.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Porter is going to be the next Craig Adams...

Would much rather have had Simon, Sundy, or Zlobin. I get Sheary...

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Now for a taste of the Murray era before we trade him for a vet.

Wasn't Porter okay earlier in the season? It's meh but not criminal and WBS doesn't have two of its big offensive weapons taken for one to sit in the pressbox.

I remember him being good for a few games, until the call up adrenaline wore off.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i guess some people like sheary and sullivan would know but

no balls imo

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I remember him being good for a few games, until the call up adrenaline wore off.

Good for a few, invisible and then gone, right? Nothing to really freak out over aside from who didn't get called up instead of him. As long as his TOI doesn't get near Sprong's idgaf, well, aside from being annoyed about Sheary (or Wilson or Simon or Sundqvist) not playing.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Interesting.
Left the youngsters in WBS.

JR also said he's leaving Pouliot there for a lengthy period of time to play, play and play some more.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Interesting.
Left the youngsters in WBS.

JR also said he's leaving Pouliot there for a lengthy period of time to play, play and play some more.

Sheary is the same age as Wilson, so it's not like they called up two old dudes.

Not thrilled with Porter, but I expected it.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Sheary comes up as the young guy to earn a spot, and Porter takes up the 13th forward spot (he'll be here all year people).

Hope Murray doesn't let the Bruins light the world on fire.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Porter is a fine 13th winger... He is faster and better with the puck than Adams ever was and there was a time when Adams was a serviceable 4th liner...

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
Sheary's numbers have been slightly better.

He has 11 more assists but Wilson has 8 more goals. It's like the old Ovechkin Crosby debate :laugh:

Haven't watched any WBS games ever but from what I've heard i would have favoured Wilson. He can provide a big hit from time to time and might be the more energy type. Also scoring goals is kind of a problem atm and he seems kinda good at it. :laugh:

Porter is just meh. He seemed kind of smart at the start of the season, but I hope he is the 13th. I never understood why they gave Ebbett (?) this much ice-time in the NHL. Those guys will not suddenly become good regular NHLers.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Good for a few, invisible and then gone, right? Nothing to really freak out over aside from who didn't get called up instead of him. As long as his TOI doesn't get near Sprong's idgaf, well, aside from being annoyed about Sheary (or Wilson or Simon or Sundqvist) not playing.
Yeah, that's how I remember it. He turned pretty vanilla.

I'm really hoping that Porter is just here as insurance but I've been disappointed so many times that I don't expect it to play out that way. Like you said, as long as Sprong gets his time.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I liked Porter's defensive game, he had a little jam. Definitely not a difference maker with our depth though. Would prefer another young guy, but what can you do? Very excited to see Murray play, hope he knocks it out of the park.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad