Recalled/Assigned: Penguins Recall Kuhnhackl, Rust and send down Wilson, Sheary

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I am shocked. Wow! (not so much about Rust)

Didn't expect the Kuhn to be called up at all. I guess it's "lets see what we got in him".

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015

In the surprising as hell move for today, Kuhnhackl recalled. All I can think is that he's being showcased, I can't see any justification for recalling him over Sundqvist or Simon.

4th line duty I would guess. They want Sundy to play big minutes and Simon is a completely different player than Kuhn.

I like it to be honest. Kuhn is having good stats and what I've heard developed in more of a net front presence than the sniper he was drafted. Would love if both played over Porter :naughty:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Cool I guess. Might as well try some different guys. Porter is officially the new Adams.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
4th line duty I would guess. They want Sundy to play big minutes and Simon is a completely different player than Kuhn.

I like it to be honest. Kuhn is having good stats and what I've heard developed in more of a net front presence than the sniper he was drafted. Would love if both played over Porter :naughty:

Kuhnhackl has developed from being drafted as a potential top-6 goal scorer to a potential bottom-6 grinder, but I'm still really surprised they picked him to recall. He has altered his game well to fit in the NHL more (much more physical and much better defensively than he was drafted) because he's not going to make it as a goal scorer, but I still don't think of him as someone with a NHL future. Let's see how this plays out.

I do really like that they're trying out different players instead of just recalling the same guys. Our situation would become a lot nicer if someone like Kuhnhackl can stick and be a gritty bottom-6er for us.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
I like it. neither sheary nor Wilson cemented a place so give other guys a shot

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Kuhn's paid his dues with the org. So he's not the next Porter. He's the next Sill. Hope he does well.

Little surprised they moved Wilson down and brought up Rust, as Wilson really didn't play that much, and I wasn't impressed with Rust last year. I was hoping for more from Sheary, but he seems to be more Gibbons/Chris Borque than Tyler Johnson. For a dude who puts up a lot of points, he sure seems to have difficulty receiving passes, not to mention getting rag dolled along the boards with alarming frequency.

Last edited:

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Simon.... Must be the name!
Hell probably get the Simon threatment and when he finally hets his chance and looks good he will be traded for a 39 year old Brooks orpik.

Also, we need to make room for Pouliot a few games soon. We need to see where hes at.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I have never seen an organization that has so much AHL talent that doesn't translate to the NHL before.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I have never seen an organization that has so much AHL talent that doesn't translate to the NHL before.

Someone needs to post smug Shero. Rust I can see, but not sure what they didn't like with Wilson, he looked fine in limited TOI.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
They've been calling up the ones that have the least % of making it imho, you'll eventually see the Simon & Sundqvist on what could be longer experiments if we don't make PO. I'd like to see Clendening up more often imo.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I'd be curious to see how Andersen would do in the NHL. Statistically, he seems to be having a good year in WBS, but I haven't really seen him play much.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Good for Kuhnhackl. Glad he's finally getting a look! I mean, I don't think it will work out but I'm pullin for him.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I would think that Kuhn would have to be a net front presence/crash the net kinda guy in the NHL, if he is to be successful. I just don't think his skating will be up to snuff to do anything else. (hope I am wrong)

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Porter lives

And we have younger Porter with Rust, who keeps getting semi-frequent recalls for no reason. Both generic players not good enough at anything to be in the NHL. I'll easily take Rust over Porter, but I don't think that's an option.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
This might be Kühnhackl's one and only chance. If he blows, he's probably heading back to Germany after this year. I'll be pulling for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad