Proposal: Penguins offseason (CGY)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Murray is a shell of his former self while Rittich is a starter? Okay as long as the facts are straight, we don't want someone who is under both of our goalies, we want someone who we know has and will continue to make our goalie play better, I'd go after MAF before going after Murray, I've never liked Murray since day 1 and never will. Murray is who he is because he got hot when the team got hot in the playoffs, if he didn't have that one huge playoff race he'd still be the same mediocre goalie hes always been

From Jan 1st on this year Murray was the better goalie than Rittich. Had a rough stretch to begin the season, but this idea that Murray is some mediocre goalie while Rittich is a starter is just hilarious.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
From Jan 1st on this year Murray was the better goalie than Rittich. Had a rough stretch to begin the season, but this idea that Murray is some mediocre goalie while Rittich is a starter is just hilarious.

Murray has always been mediocre, juniors till now, hes not showed superstar status, hes never shown #1 workhorse status, hes a mediocre starter, always has been always will be.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Murray has always been mediocre, juniors till now, hes not showed superstar status, hes never shown #1 workhorse status, hes a mediocre starter, always has been always will be.

Last year through 50 games Murray put up a SV% massively higher than Rittich has ever done in his career. Which should favor Rittich considering the fact he has played much less games.

It’s fine to not want Murray, but this narrative your selling is an absolute joke of a take.

Last edited:

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Last year through 50 games Murray put up a SV% massively higher than Rittich has ever done in his career. Which should favor Rittich considering the fact he has played much less games.

It’s fine to not want Murray, but this narrative your selling is an absolute joke of a take.

.919 is massively higher than .911? Thats a huge .008 difference, career statistics are Murray 2.66GAA and .914 Save%
With Rittich at 2.82GAA and .908 Save% which isn't really massive differences

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Bennett for Murray is a pretty realistic deal despite what you think.

Its not far off. It just seems flames fans are unwilling to give up on Bennett. 95% of trades involving him and shot down immediately by the flames HF community.

Trading him for a goalie really makes no sense at this point, hes a marginal upgrade on Rittich and Talbot, and the UFA pool is stacked. In NHL 20 GM the value is about right tho

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Bennett for Murray is a pretty realistic deal despite what you think.

Bennett for Murray? The original deal involving Bennett was Brodie + Bennett, not just Bennett and we're just not interested in trading Bennett away. We need him a lot

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
That’s fine. But the framework of that deal or a late first or high 2nd will be what Murray is moved for if moved.

I'm not arguing about that, im just saying Calgary is not interested in trading Bennett, unless its for a RHS top 6 forward, that's the only way I would trade Bennett, idk about other Flames fans, but if we're trading him its for a top 6 rhs forward who will help out our scoring

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I'm not arguing about that, im just saying Calgary is not interested in trading Bennett, unless its for a RHS top 6 forward, that's the only way I would trade Bennett, idk about other Flames fans, but if we're trading him its for a top 6 rhs forward who will help out our scoring

Bennett has nowhere near that value. The Ritchie for Heinen is the framework there and that is if it is an in season deal. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is moved for a pick this summer tbh.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Um. Because it is a huge difference? If you don’t understand that I understand where you’re coming from thinking Rittich and Murray are comparables.

.008 is 1/1000 so Murray makes 1 extra save out of 1000 shots,such a big difference between the two right?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Bennett has nowhere near that value. The Ritchie for Heinen is the framework there and that is if it is an in season deal. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is moved for a pick this summer tbh.

It doesn't matter if Bennett has that kind of value or not, just means we get to keep him until we're sick of him! Which will be never for me, because i enjoy his two way game.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014

How is a top 9 forwards value a top 6 forward? Bennett if traded will be for a pick, a late 1st or a second, or a similar type player, high draft pedigree that hasnt quite lived up to it. Think like... Virtanen type player (no i wouldnt do that so relax). It happens all the time with top picks.

Bennett, as long as he doesnt get ridiculous with him salary expectations, will be a flame for a while, he fits the top 9 really well and management loves him and doesnt want to admit defeat just yet.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
That certainly is one way to look at it. But, that would be a moronic and incredibly incorrect way.

You do know how to do math right? That's tge mathematical way of doing it, the only difference between a 91.9% and a 91.1% save percentages is 1 save was 1 goal, that's the work behind it, if you don't understand your basic math needs, then you wont understand a lot of analytics behind a lot of sports, good luck in your future :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad