Proposal: Penguins offseason (CGY)

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
They do ?? Where is that stated cause your incorrect. There was a time they may have but right now they have no need or want especially with Shultz leaving. Johnson played decent this season. Logged more mins and played with letang.
What evidence is there that any trade didnt happen? You think every trade makes it all the way ???? Poor logic again.... the oilers could explore anything...so could leafs or sharks ...because you cant see it makes it not real lol....wait there was a deal back in the summer for kadri to flames that didnt go...but that dodnt happen cause your logic was the flames didnt want to trade Brodie lol...at that point they got hammered with blue line injuries and then JJ started to play better.. that's why he is still a penguin now!!!!

where is it stated that a trade offer for JJ occurred without retention or a sweetener. You can’t provide that either.

all we know is he is an overpaid bottom pairing dman that is over 30 with term left on his contract. In general, GMs avoid these types of players unless sweetners are involved.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
That's fine if that's how its viewed... I think the pens would not be heart broken.. after all they are one of the most successful of not the most in the last decade.. always in playoffs.. back to back cup wins with murray I think they OK. You can keep Your marginal forward and brodie may leave as a UFA anyways .....

I never wanted Murray for Hanifin, i never wanted Murray for BENNET AND BRODIE, i don't care how you view our players, because you're always a over htping Pens fan, I've seen a lot of your posts and that's all you do is over hype every pens player year in year out, we don't want or need your soon to be overpaid goalie, we don't want JJ, we don't want Simon or ZAR, we want Crosby though.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I never wanted Murray for Hanifin, i never wanted Murray for BENNET AND BRODIE, i don't care how you view our players, because you're always a over htping Pens fan, I've seen a lot of your posts and that's all you do is over hype every pens player year in year out, we don't want or need your soon to be overpaid goalie, we don't want JJ, we don't want Simon or ZAR, we want Crosby though.

what? You don’t want ZAR or Simon??? Preposterous!! I can’t imagine why.... ;)

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
what? You don’t want ZAR or Simon??? Preposterous!! I can’t imagine why.... ;)

Only players that interest me on the Pens are simple Crosby or Jarry, not interested in anyone else whatsoever(not even interested in Malkin, even though hes still a top C)

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Sometime hfboards just make this too complicated.
If Flames would you rather have
a) free agent goalie pick Holtby, Markstrom, Lehner, keep Hanifin and lose cap space to keep free agent d-man.
b)trade Hanifin and pay a goalie off a lousy year and benched for a good month of it.
It shouldn't take 30 seconds of Jeopardy music to pick choice a.

Reactions: blankall and Nanuuk

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Sometime hfboards just make this too complicated.
If Flames would you rather have
a) free agent goalie pick Holtby, Markstrom, Lehner, keep Hanifin and lose cap space to keep free agent d-man.
b)trade Hanifin and pay a goalie off a lousy year and benched for a good month of it.
It shouldn't take 30 seconds of Jeopardy music to pick choice a.

This is a tough one. Need more than 30 seconds....

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Wow.. pens players must be doing something right !!! Sit well ahead of the flames in the standings!!! Hmmmm the proposal was to make it easy to get Brodie...probably the only flame that would interest the pens .. and they could sign him as free agent..Bennett was a toss in ..like really ?? He has less points than Simon or ZAR lol...murray could be overpaid on next contract which wint be from pens but he will always something NO flame goalie has ..and that's 2 cup rings !!! Is there any game with 2 cup rings ??? Hype up your players all youbwant but when Lucic is your most decorated player .....cough cough :help:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Wow.. pens players must be doing something right !!! Sit well ahead of the flames in the standings!!! Hmmmm the proposal was to make it easy to get Brodie...probably the only flame that would interest the pens .. and they could sign him as free agent..Bennett was a toss in ..like really ?? He has less points than Simon or ZAR lol...murray could be overpaid on next contract which wint be from pens but he will always something NO flame goalie has ..and that's 2 cup rings !!! Is there any game with 2 cup rings ??? Hype up your players all youbwant but when Lucic is your most decorated player .....cough cough :help:

lol that was kind of embarrassing. Fun to read though! :)

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
lol that was kind of embarrassing. Fun to read though! :)
Why are you embarrassed??? While your hockey logic lacks there is more to life !!! Not everyone can have a clear understanding of the ins and outs...I suspect your a intermittent fan of a team that the pens destroyed somewhere along the line ... doenst really matter either way...schools out boys!

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why are you embarrassed??? While your hockey logic lacks there is more to life !!! Not everyone can have a clear understanding of the ins and outs...I suspect your a intermittent fan of a team that the pens destroyed somewhere along the line ... doenst really matter either way...schools out boys!

Another embarrassing post. lol. You truly live up to your handle.

Have you noticed that Flanes fans have rejected the crap you are peddling in this thread?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

You want Brodie? Not a single Flames fan said no because of him, you want Brodie? Give us a 4th/2nd if he resigns and he's all yours, we don't want anyone in return only a conditional pick for his rights

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

The Flames haven't made it past the 2nd round in over a decade, yeah ik that sucks with being in the middle of the pack all the time, we've never had a Top 3 pick in HISTORY so yes we've never truly had the dynamics of a true CONTENDER, unlike the Pens whom before the Crosby/Letang/Malkin "Era" were "bottom feeders" to get those picks, so yes we've never truly been contenders, but most teams that have been solid for 5-10 years straight have been at the true bottom of the league and deserved those picks to make them who they are.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
A bottom six forward who produces between 25-30 pts a year for a young somewhat inconsistent goaltender about to enter the typical age of a starter is not some type of crazy deal.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if Murray or Jarry ends up in Calgary one bit especially given the fact Calgary was involved in MAF.

The thing about goalies when they play below expectations is that they sink the whole team and, therefore, have negative value. If your third line LW is putting up fewer points than you want, you can build around that and recover quite easily. If your goalie is playing with a below .900 save percentage you will not win.

The Flames don't want Murray. Rittich is better. They also like Bennett. And I love how whenever someone brings up his trade value, they forget to mention his best qualities, which are his physical play and his playoff drive.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The thing about goalies when they play below expectations is that they sink the whole team and, therefore, have negative value. If your third line LW is putting up fewer points than you want, you can build around that and recover quite easily. If your goalie is playing with a below .900 save percentage you will not win.

The Flames don't want Murray. Rittich is better. They also like Bennett. And I love how whenever someone brings up his trade value, they forget to mention his best qualities, which are his physical play and his playoff drive.

It’s fine that the Flames don’t want Murray. But let’s stop propagating this idea that Rittich is better than Murray or Bennett has a ton of value. Ritchie who is a better player just returned Heinen.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
It’s fine that the Flames don’t want Murray. But let’s stop propagating this idea that Rittich is better than Murray or Bennett has a ton of value. Ritchie who is a better player just returned Heinen.

Rittich played in the all star game. He's a better goalie. Bennett doesn't have a ton of value, but he has value.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Rittich played in the all star game. He's a better goalie. Bennett doesn't have a ton of value, but he has value.

He isn’t. Matt Murray has had way better highs and his lows have been Rittich’s average.

Not to even go into the fact Murray is 2 years younger than Rittich.

If you‘re using just this season does that make Rittich a better goalie than Fleury, Holtby, Gibson, etc?

Last edited:

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
He isn’t. Matt Murray has had way better highs and his lows have been Rittich’s average.

Not to even go into the fact Murray is 2 years younger than Rittich.

Not to go into the fact all of Murrays seasons have been behind a far better and superior team than what Rittich has performed in front of, Murray also had a better Goaltender to lean on in the NHL, so that also comes into play, just quit it, you're dragging on nothing, we don't want or need Murray, Jarry or Crosby and we'll talk, but Murray please quit mentioning, go talk to other fan bases about him

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Not to go into the fact all of Murrays seasons have been behind a far better and superior team than what Rittich has performed in front of, Murray also had a better Goaltender to lean on in the NHL, so that also comes into play, just quit it, you're dragging on nothing, we don't want or need Murray, Jarry or Crosby and we'll talk, but Murray please quit mentioning, go talk to other fan bases about him

That’s fine. But let’s not pretend Rittich is anywhere close to what Murray is.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
As long as pens on other doesn't propagate the difference between Murray and Rittish is Hanifin.

If you want to say Flames should give up a 1, give Murray 4 year deal and nmc for 2 years (which you are going to have to do if you are trading for Murray so he knows he doesn't go in ED) that is a legit discussion. Personally I sign FA goalie instead. Hanifin is dial tone.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
As long as pens on other doesn't propagate the difference between Murray and Rittish is Hanifin.

If you want to say Flames should give up a 1, give Murray 4 year deal and nmc for 2 years (which you are going to have to do if you are trading for Murray so he knows he doesn't go in ED) that is a legit discussion. Personally I sign FA goalie instead. Hanifin is dial tone.

I’ve already pointed out that deal was highway robbery.

The issue is saying Bennett for Murray is some type of insane deal. If anything that is exactly the type of deal that is done. Murray to a team that needs goaltending that has a better defensive system than the Pens and a prospect who hasn’t panned out that helps add some grit to the bottom six.

We’ve seen the success goalies like Khudobin and Binnington that play Murray’s style have had in the West. And Murray is one year removed from putting up top ten numbers and likely will sign a pretty team friendly deal.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

Ugghhh..."Anywhere close". Murray had a much worse season than Rittich. Yes, Murray used to be a great goalie, but he hasn't played at his top end for years. The NHL is full of goalies that had a few good years and fell off.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I’ve already pointed out that deal was highway robbery.

The issue is saying Bennett for Murray is some type of insane deal. If anything that is exactly the type of deal that is done. Murray to a team that needs goaltending that has a better defensive system than the Pens and a prospect who hasn’t panned out that helps add some grit to the bottom six.
Hanifin deal is garbage.
Bennett deal is garbage.
Compromise to me is CAL 1 for Murray. For me I go FA but I get it if Calgary fan thinks they can get Murray back in 3 years ago form.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

Murray is a shell of his former self while Rittich is a starter? Okay as long as the facts are straight, we don't want someone who is under both of our goalies, we want someone who we know has and will continue to make our goalie play better, I'd go after MAF before going after Murray, I've never liked Murray since day 1 and never will. Murray is who he is because he got hot when the team got hot in the playoffs, if he didn't have that one huge playoff race he'd still be the same mediocre goalie hes always been

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad