Proposal: Penguins offseason (CGY)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You do know how to do math right? That's tge mathematical way of doing it, the only difference between a 91.9% and a 91.1% save percentages is 1 save was 1 goal, that's the work behind it, if you don't understand your basic math needs, then you wont understand a lot of analytics behind a lot of sports, good luck in your future :)

Quite the ironic statement from someone who can’t even divide 1 by 1000 correctly.

I think we are done here given you have no idea what you are talking about.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
How is a top 9 forwards value a top 6 forward? Bennett if traded will be for a pick, a late 1st or a second, or a similar type player, high draft pedigree that hasnt quite lived up to it. Think like... Virtanen type player (no i wouldnt do that so relax). It happens all the time with top picks.

Bennett, as long as he doesnt get ridiculous with him salary expectations, will be a flame for a while, he fits the top 9 really well and management loves him and doesnt want to admit defeat just yet.

I guess given what Goodrow got I could see a late 1st for Bennett in season. I just think Flames fans are significantly overvaluing what he brings back in a trade. And I understand liking him. I’ve wanted him on the Pens since he was drafted and even floated Guentzel for him and Calgary’s first after the 2017 playoffs which the Pens board still ridicules me about to this day.

Last edited:

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Quite the ironic statement from someone who can’t even divide 1 by 1000 correctly.

I think we are done here given you have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh my mistake, im sorry i got to pay attention to work and deal with a snobby brat at the same time i was doing rough math, but still 8 saves out of 1000 isn't much to be saying is "massively" you'd need at least a good 25+ to make it a "massive" lead

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
That's like me saying i have 800,000 dollars and im massively richer than you because you only have 792,000 dollars.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Oh my mistake, im sorry i got to pay attention to work and deal with a snobby brat at the same time i was doing rough math, but still 8 saves out of 1000 isn't much to be saying is "massively" you'd need at least a good 25+ to make it a "massive" lead

Lol. Snobby brat?

1/1000 is simple math and you clearly have no idea how SV% is calculated if you think .08 isn’t a massive difference when factoring in GP between Murray and Rittich.

It’s okay though. Like I said we are done here as your opinion makes more sense after seeing your math skills.

For reference the difference between Murray and the 3rd best starting goal tender’s SV% in the league last year was .08% so Murray was basically the 3rd best starting goalie in the league using your logic in terms of SV% because he basically only missed one goal, right? (I removed Binnington and Campbell given their GP numbers)

Last edited:

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014

The flames faced 2656 shots in 2018-2019. That means as a team they would have allowed 21.2 more goals. That would have brought there 9th in the league goals against to about 16th. That was also the best season they've had in what 20 years.

Reactions: FameFlame069

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I guess given what Goodrow got I could see a late 1st for Bennett in season. I just think Flames fans are significantly overvaluing what he brings back in a trade. And I understand liking him. I’ve wanted him on the Pens since he was drafted and even floated Guentzel for him and Calgary’s first after the 2017 playoffs which the Pens board still ridicules me about to this day.
You are out to lunch... better start with Monahan or Johnny G if you want jake and work your way up...

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Rittich played in the all star game. He's a better goalie. Bennett doesn't have a ton of value, but he has value.
This really isnt a good argument at all. He was a replacement in the All Star game. This only means he is maybe the 4th best goaltender in his division. And really it's not a great division of goaltenders.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
You are out to lunch... better start with Monahan or Johnny G if you want jake and work your way up...
Now that is funny. Edit: Sorry. My sped redding got to me. I thought you said and instead of or. I still wouldn't go for it though. We need a right shot RW.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Read the whole post there bud.
I did.... bennet and a 1rst for jake is what I got out of it...after the 2017 playoffs.
Your right flames fan overvalue Bennett. In fact so much they would.wlak away from a deal that would improve their team..
There really isnt anyone on the flames that I would take straight up Jake...40 goal scorer and chemistry with sid and geno...pricless almost ...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I did.... bennet and a 1rst for jake is what I got out of it...after the 2017 playoffs.
Your right flames fan overvalue Bennett. In fact so much they would.wlak away from a deal that would improve their team..
There really isnt anyone on the flames that I would take straight up Jake...40 goal scorer and chemistry with sid and geno...pricless almost ...

The premise of that deal was to give the Pens two chances at a long term replacement 2C as Calgary was picking relatively high. Not to mention the fact the Pens looked relatively stacked at wing with Sheary, Kessel, Hornqvist, Rust and Sprong. Conceptually moving Malkin into a wing role ala the 2009 run with Bennett acting as a more skilled Talbot.

Obviously was a terrible idea in retrospect given where Bennett progressed after that season.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
The premise of that deal was to give the Pens two chances at a long term replacement 2C as Calgary was picking relatively high. Not to mention the fact the Pens looked relatively stacked at wing with Sheary, Kessel, Hornqvist, Rust and Sprong. Conceptually moving Malkin into a wing role ala the 2009 run with Bennett acting as a more skilled Talbot.

Obviously was a terrible idea in retrospect given where Bennett progressed after that season.
Fair enough... glad the pens never went this route . There is no doubt Bennett has some value but it's more for physical play and not his offense or defense. On a less physical team like the pens or leafs he would be more valuable. On a more physical team his would struggle to make the lineup consistently. The overpayment asked for him is just ludicrous. Best he stay on flames

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
The flames faced 2656 shots in 2018-2019. That means as a team they would have allowed 21.2 more goals. That would have brought there 9th in the league goals against to about 16th. That was also the best season they've had in what 20 years.

Ouch. To the personal attack ;-)

And that's pretty good but i said 25+ thats 21.2... close but no cigar... but that's pretty impressive, thanks for the information, is that over Rittich playing or all of the games they played?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad