Votes: 13 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I think as a rich executive or player most of the pros and cons in terms of differences of living between Canada and America are erased. The real difference is between the taxation and cost of living by province/state.

But yea, saying it's a mental health sacrifice to live in somewhere like Calgary is hilarious.
Which is also erased when you have that much money. All comes down to where you want to live. beach, mountains, etc.

Especially when Calgary ranks #3 for worlds most livable city.

Anyways.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I am mostly familiar with this story, although I haven't read the prequel or dug into the appendices as you obviously have sir, but there are certainly some questions I have outstanding. First, if DMB actually did dump 800 lbs of waste into the river, why can we still buy their albums? The math doesn't work. Secondly, it was the violinist? I mean look, I've known violinists. I don't think I've ever met a violinist with that kind of raw productivity. Fiddle players, sure. But not violinists. Not sure how the crew splits out amongst the busses but bow-boy obviously must have had at least four bald, bearded roadies on his rig to accumulate.

Anyway we are now at the point where Rossi has digressed to tweeting poetry and philosophy so truly, pun fully intended, we are now in the shittiest timeline.

My guess would be the crew hated the violinist and chose said bus for their nastiest turds as a result.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
When did I say "Alberta"?
Banff is 128km from Calgary and 414km from Edmonton. It is not an extension of either city.
It takes slightly over 1 hour for me to get to Banff from Calgary. You have zero evidence to back up your claims that its a mental health burden to live in Calgary. Especially since I provided a link proving you wrong. You are stating your opinion as fact and its far from it.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Por que no los dos?

Living in general sucks

5tm1fi.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Man everyone's out on powerboats with their pasty largess spilling out around their American flag swimsuits getting burned to a crisp while getting high school drunk on Twisted Teas and cheap rum... ya know... for the troops or whatever. Or recovering from doing that yesterday. Nothing is getting announced today.

Crazy no player objected to that sort of thing on religious beliefs...

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
You guys are making this overly complicated. Dubas isn’t sitting at a desk studying the income tax rate of various states and what not, or calling moving companies to “move across the country.” Plus, when you guys were slobbering all over FSG when they bought the team, you said they had really deep pockets. If this was a money issue, it would have been resolved, right?

This isn’t an attractive team for a GM. Part that is on FSG for not firing Hextall earlier. Maybe FSG couldn’t convince him to take the job. Oh well, you move on and hire someone else - not wait around 9 days or whatever after he visited here and still not hire someone. You look weak and incompetent. This organization knew from the second the Granlund trade was announced Hextall was a dead man walking, if not sooner like before the season with how sleepy handled Malkin. But yet, they still don’t know how the front office will be constructed????

Premiere ownership group at its finest.

Reactions: Zbynek

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
That would be awful.
I dunno, he was someone we really liked while he was here and wanted to keep around. His Buffalo time wasn’t great, but it’s Buffalo, haha. With the Kraken as AGM they had some pretty good success.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Lots of Americans know living in Canada sucks.

Oh on the contrary, a lot of Canadians know living in America sucks.

As an individual who has lived approximately 1/2 his life in Canada (first half), and almost 1/2 his life in the US....

Neither nation sucks. Both nations have strengths and weaknesses. It all depends on what you want (ie. opportunity vs safety net). There is a ton of propaganda on both sites vilifying the other (ie. everybody in Canada is dying from bad healthcare vs everybody in the US is getting shot).

As this is a hockey forum, I need some sort of mandatory hockey comment to keep it on topic :D.

So....
I have nothing :).

Reactions: Gold Diamond

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
You guys are making this overly complicated. Dubas isn’t sitting at a desk studying the income tax rate of various states and what not, or calling moving companies to “move across the country.” Plus, when you guys were slobbering all over FSG when they bought the team, you said they had really deep pockets. If this was a money issue, it would have been resolved, right?

This isn’t an attractive team for a GM. Part that is on FSG for not firing Hextall earlier. Maybe FSG couldn’t convince him to take the job. Oh well, you move on and hire someone else - not wait around 9 days or whatever after he visited here and still not hire someone. You look weak and incompetent. This organization knew from the second the Granlund trade was announced Hextall was a dead man walking, if not sooner like before the season with how sleepy handled Malkin. But yet, they still don’t know how the front office will be constructed????

Premiere ownership group at its finest.
Or Dubas just wants some time off, or his philosophy doesn't line up with what FSG wants to do with this team which would be ok as well. We dont want another GM, ownership, coach relationship where everyone is on a different page.

He said as much himself that he may want to take a step back from hockey.

The money isn't the issue here, its what Dubas wants to do. The interviews have been had, they will come up with their next guy if he doesn't want or take the job.

He could come back in a year and would be a top 3 GM on most teams list. Its a perk at being solid at your job. He became available and completely jumped our line

Last edited:

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Stop the infighting.

If it's any consolation, living anywhere in North America would be a mental health burden to me.
Having 50 acres out in no mans land makes life much better than the everyday stresses of the city life and the noise that comes in populated areas. Of course you can get that land and lifestyle anywhere in NA just a matter of preference. I do miss the good restaurant food (others probably miss the untainted food I have access to) and arguing with people but I guess that's why I come here and get my fix :D

If it was my call and I was a coveted GM my choice of place to live with my family would be higher on my list than pay, team etc. I look at life a little differently than some and have already made similar choices. I work to live I dont live to work. Sure money talks in many situations but others do make choices based solely on living arrangements and where they want to build the bones of their family.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I dunno, he was someone we really liked while he was here and wanted to keep around. His Buffalo time wasn’t great, but it’s Buffalo, haha. With the Kraken as AGM they had some pretty good success.
His ROR trade turned out well afterall. Tage Thompson is the biggest reason for Buffalo's upward trending direction.

His mistake was keeping a lame duck as coach.

Reactions: Shady Machine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad