Votes: 5 4.8%
  • A GM by Monday

Votes: 13 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Ya the passed few days have been alot of stuff that really has equated to nothing.

Tons of speculation and clickbait... and not a single scrap of legitimate news or rumors.

You'd think if there was anything close to a conclusion coming soon. That SOMETHING credible would have leaked out.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Exactly. Everyone is focusing on the money and pretige aspect of the position. "Well there's only 32 of them!" Terrific. I'm fairly confident a guy like Dubas will be making millions regardless of what he chooses and in what field and on top of that has many more years to make those millions. That goes for most of these guys.

Has nobody ever turned down a better paying and more prestigious position because it was more stressful, required major life changes and had the potential to really f*** you over?

Not looked at as a good job.. yet everybody interviewed, which was a way wider and more exciting pool than Philly, Calgary and Toronto's search included, wanted it. All GM jobs are good jobs, the question is how much work will it be to do this one and what are you willing to pay me for it.

My initial comment was more about Dubas personally and not really the attractiveness of the position. LeBrun's comment was mostly to mean that Dubas was already thinking of time off, so he could rationalize waiting by saying "let's wait for another job to open up".

I think if Dubas rejects the Penguins, it will be because he wants to take some time off. I don't think the attractiveness of the position will really be a big factor, although it might be a factor in making him decide to take some time off. I think the bigger factor will basically be asking himself "do I want to jump right back into this?".

He made a big deal out of that at his Leafs end of season press conference, about how challenging this year was for him and his family. He explicitly said that he didn't want to be the GM of any other team at that press conference. If he says no, I don't think it has to do with the Penguins job being attractive or unattractive.

Reactions: Turin

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
“Move across the country.”

Toronto is like 300 miles from Pittsburgh. You guys act like he’s moving from Vancouver to Miami.

That’s that western PA “can’t ever leave home” sickness. A Yinzer driving to Harrisburg is the equivalent of a regular American flying to Thailand.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The first question I would ask him is if he had any involvement in the decision to trade an entire draft worth of picks for Tanner friggen Jeannot.
My first question for him would be why would you take over a team that's about to hit a horrible dry spell as far as contending for a championship?

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
There's not really much in that LeBrun interview. It's just that whatever Dubas decides will be a really difficult decision and the Penguins are keeping in touch with the other candidates they've interviewed. LeBrun also mentioned the Penguins job isn't super attractive and it's a question of whether Dubas may not want to set himself up in that kind of situation going forward.
That's always been a really good point for Dubas. I'm not sure how attractive a rebuild is to a GM. FSG wants to win for a few more years but rebuild is awfully close. Do GM's like rebuilds, you think?

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
A lot of Americans don't know this, but living in Calgary and especially Edmonton really sucks.
It's a mental health sacrifice to stay there. I'm sure the Jets locker room is toxic at least partly for this reason.

So any GM in charge of those teams is really up against it in terms of re-signing players or convincing free agents. Edmonton has the star power, but what does Calgary have to keep guys grounded?
Calgary has a rodeo!

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
That's always been a really good point for Dubas. I'm not sure how attractive a rebuild is to a GM. FSG wants to win for a few more years but rebuild is awfully close. Do GM's like rebuilds, you think?
I think most GM's want money, security and autonomy. Would you rather GM for a meddling or stingy owner on team with good draft picks already, or GM for a team where you're gonna have to do some work but you will be allowed to execute whatever your vision is with a blank cheque?

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I would assume FSG has an internal deadline and it is probably tomorrow or Friday at the latest. If Dubas is undecided for personal reasons, that's understandable and fine, but FSG will just have to move on.

Reactions: farscape1

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Has FSG considered buying a greyhound for each of Kyle's children as part of the deal

Reactions: Pens x

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Funny how some act like they know alot about Darche :laugh: The truth is that nobody in here can tell what Darche can do or what he’s about. There’s no public track record for what he was involved in and no one has inside info. All we know is that he was hired after Yzerman went to Detroit.

Bunch of Rossis smh. You’d sound better just saying "I think that Darche is the best option because…. well his name is cool and he’s from QC"

Last edited:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Has FSG considered buying a greyhound for each of Kyle's children as part of the deal

Years back I became fascinated by the story of the Dave Matthews bus power-blasting a river tour boat with hundreds of pounds (800 to be exact) of human waste. It just seemed compelling and truly odd. How does something like that happen? Is there a like... bombs away switch up in the cabin? If there is why and for what reason? One would think there would be a proper procedure, there. Was it an accident or was this an intentional practice to save time and money that had been going on for some time to that point? I mean... up until some poor Chicagoans out on their three hour tour upon the fair Chicago's Little Lady got caught in the shiticane, of course. Was this done in full flight or did he pull the bus over on the bridge?

So many questions. And the band denied it up and down even when confronted with video evidence in court. It took the driver being charged for them to finally apologize and donate to some river cleanup fund... like that will do anything to help the Chicago River.

Anyway in reading more into this case I came to find out something interesting... that wasn't THE Dave Matthews tour bus... they had one for every band member. The one culpable for Shitapalooza was actually the violin player's. Isn't that wild? Like... we sit here today and (correctly) talk about how awful DMB is but at one point they were such a huge act that every member had their own tour bus.

So... um... yeah. Anyone hired yet?

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Years back I became fascinated by the story of the Dave Matthews bus power-blasting a river tour boat with hundreds of pounds (800 to be exact) of human waste. It just seemed compelling and truly odd. How does something like that happen? Is there a like... bombs away switch up in the cabin? If there is why and for what reason? One would think there would be a proper procedure, there. Was it an accident or was this an intentional practice to save time and money that had been going on for some time to that point? I mean... up until some poor Chicagoans out on their three hour tour upon the fair Chicago's Little Lady got caught in the shiticane, of course. Was this done in full flight or did he pull the bus over on the bridge?

So many questions. And the band denied it up and down even when confronted with video evidence in court. It took the driver being charged for them to finally apologize and donate to some river cleanup fund... like that will do anything to help the Chicago River.

Anyway in reading more into this case I came to find out something interesting... that wasn't THE Dave Matthews tour bus... they had one for every band member. The one culpable for Shitapalooza was actually the violin player's. Isn't that wild? Like... we sit here today and (correctly) talk about how awful DMB is but at one point they were such a huge act that every member had their own tour bus.

I hope the Pens do well here idk

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Funny how some act like they know alot about Darche :laugh: The truth is that nobody in here can tell what Darche can do or what he’s about. There’s no public track record for what he was involved in and no one has inside info. All we know is that he was hired after Yzerman went to Detroit.

Bunch of Rossis smh. You’d sound better just saying "I think that Darche is the best option because…. well his name is cool and he’s from QC"
Well I already said that I wanted him because he had a nerd background (but f*** McGill) and was Quebecois :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia

I am mostly familiar with this story, although I haven't read the prequel or dug into the appendices as you obviously have sir, but there are certainly some questions I have outstanding. First, if DMB actually did dump 800 lbs of waste into the river, why can we still buy their albums? The math doesn't work. Secondly, it was the violinist? I mean look, I've known violinists. I don't think I've ever met a violinist with that kind of raw productivity. Fiddle players, sure. But not violinists. Not sure how the crew splits out amongst the busses but bow-boy obviously must have had at least four bald, bearded roadies on his rig to accumulate.

Anyway we are now at the point where Rossi has digressed to tweeting poetry and philosophy so truly, pun fully intended, we are now in the shittiest timeline.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
A lot of Americans don't know this, but living in Calgary and especially Edmonton really sucks.
It's a mental health sacrifice to stay there. I'm sure the Jets locker room is toxic at least partly for this reason.
This is complete and utter BS, especially considering places like Banff are full of people who deliberated moved there from all over the world.
Lots of Americans know living in Canada sucks.
Oh on the contrary, a lot of Canadians know living in America sucks.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
This is complete and utter BS, especially considering places like Banff are full of people who deliberated moved there from all over the world.

Oh on the contrary, a lot of Canadians know living in America sucks.
I think as a rich executive or player most of the pros and cons in terms of differences of living between Canada and America are erased. The real difference is between the taxation and cost of living by province/state.

But yea, saying it's a mental health sacrifice to live in somewhere like Calgary is hilarious.

Reactions: Night Shift
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad