Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Panther 3: I'm Too Tired to Think of a Pithy Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If there's one guy I wouldn't mind shopping around in order to land a 3C it's Hags. I'm finding it harder and harder to justify his cap hit these days...
Agreed. Great PKer and such great speed but he just can't finish. I cant justify giving him $4 mill. But I don't think he's an attractive asset to any other team unless we retain some salary. He's overpaid by quite a bit.

Last edited:

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Mckegg's first 6 games have been impressive, hes been an upgrade over what they got from Bonino, but its a small sample size, we will have to see how Mckegg looks after games 20 and game 30.

Geno looks like hes out of shape to me, he looked this way at the beginning of last year as well, but those games that Geno looked bad at the beginning of last year were for team Russia at the world cup.

Horny needs to be suspended, if that hit happened to any pens player i'm sure everybody would want a suspension.

Reactions: BillPrep

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
But Geno is always playing like crap to you, no?
Its usually the case with Sids fans. Malkin can't catch a break from them. Always gets criticized even for the smallest mistakes and often gets his contributions overlooked. Opposite with their fav tho.

Probably too straightforward from me, but that's how I see things.

He's not playing like crap?

He'll come around but now? Crap.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Is there some auto-fill feature on here that reflexively adds 4C to any mention of McKegg? Let me try it: McKegg is on pace for 41 ES/SH points, so let's trade Maatta, Sprong and 5 1st round picks for a real 3C so McKegg can finally 4C 4Life!

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Is there some auto-fill feature on here that reflexively adds 4C to any mention of McKegg? Let me try it: McKegg is on pace for 41 ES/SH points, so let's trade Maatta, Sprong and 5 1st round picks for a real 3C so McKegg can finally 4C 4Life!

It seems a bit early to start saying x player is on pace for x amount of points. I guess we better re-sign Rust since he's on pace to score over 100 points. Our stud overpaid boy Dumo is on pace for 0 points and a -40.

McKegg is a complete unknown. He's never played regularly enough, for any team, to gauge his abilities. If he had produced 40 points for an entire season that'd be one thing. Maybe this will be the season he will be able to finally play an entire season with one team.

He'd be a great 4C at this point.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
But Geno is always playing like crap to you, no?
Its usually the case with Sids fans. Malkin can't catch a break from them. Always gets criticized even for the smallest mistakes and often gets his contributions overlooked. Opposite with their fav tho.

Probably too straightforward from me, but that's how I see things.
Why are you separating the Pens fans here into "Sid fans" and "Geno fans"? That probably says more about you having an agenda than anyone else.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm a Milan Kraft fan myself. Lookit dat mug! Doesn't it just scream "Leadership!"? Or at least "Extra dumplings pleeeeeeze?"

TEN4a9294_210253_7840619.jpg

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Better job with ice time by Sully. Sid with 19 min. Rowney 15 min, 5 of which on the PK. Kuhn 9 min, 3 PK. Reaves 7 min. McKegg 13 min, 3 PK.

We spend less time on the power play, the time gets more equally divided. Its not rocket science.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
4th line is the major weakness right now. They are bleeding corsi.

I dont know if its the loss of Cullen, or the fact that any line with Reaves AND Rowney on it will be bad at hockey....

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada

I dont know if its the loss of Cullen, or the fact that any line with Reaves AND Rowney on it will be bad at hockey....

I can't stress enough just how massive a loss Cullen was for us. A lot of people were fixated on Bonino's departure, however in my opinion losing Cullen hurts even more...

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Agreed. Great PKer and such great speed but he just can't finish. I cant justify giving him $4 mill. But I don't think he's an attractive asset to any other team unless we retain some salary. He's overpaid by quite a bit.

I think he still has some decent trade value to him. However you're right that we'd probably need to eat up some salary in return.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I am continuously impressed by how strong Jake Guentzel is on the puck. I was at the game and made it a point to watch him away from the puck - such a smart player defensively, and the puck follows him all game long. Watching him, he looks like a center.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Gotta say this too:

How about that Greg McKegg eh? He's exceeded expectations so far.

Major props to him for seizing the opportunity. I don't know what we'll be saying about him as the season goes on but right now he's doing great and is at least holding off any 3C panic. He also bounced back from that ugly period or two.

We really should test out Kessel with McKegg.

Yeah, to get Kessel away from Malkin and to see what they do together.

I was at the game so I was confused as to what even happened on that Hornqvist hit.

How bout that almost-one-handed goal by Sid?

Last year he scored and this year he didn't. Over the hill and needs to be traded.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

It's mainly the loss of Cullen. Rowney's fine as a 4th liner, although he performed better last year on the wing than at C. I'm hoping Reaves improves as he gets comfortable with the team.

Reactions: catdaddy and td_ice

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Our second line haven't done diddy, that's the bigger issue "right now".

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
He's not playing like crap?

He'll come around but now? Crap.
In Tampa game-yes, he played like crap, along with the other stars. Yesterday, after giving up a goal, too. But not in the other 4 and half games. Individually he has been playing pretty well in these games, but L2 hasn't been, mostly because Kessel's effort level has been close to zero.
I think it's a pretty fair assestment, no? But I see that you are from the category "when in doubt, blame Malkin" (and when not in doubt, too).
Why are you separating the Pens fans here into "Sid fans" and "Geno fans"? That probably says more about you having an agenda than anyone else.
I didn't do it. I just stated the fact. If you deny that this board is full of Sidney fans that love to carp on Geno after every mistake, but go silent after Sid has one, you're fooling yourself. You're might be one of them. I have nothing against Sid fans, but so many of them give an unfair assessment, so I don't take many opinions on certain things on here seriosly, even though it's probably the best place for an intelligent discussion. You obviosly can see with the way I'm defending Geno, that I'm biased too, but it seems to me that my opinions not really off base or unfair. I'm not carping on players after every mistake or repeating some false narratives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad