Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Panther 3: I'm Too Tired to Think of a Pithy Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Better job with ice time by Sully. Sid with 19 min. Rowney 15 min, 5 of which on the PK. Kuhn 9 min, 3 PK. Reaves 7 min. McKegg 13 min, 3 PK.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
+My favorite Penguin opponents are the ones that let Sid set up right beside the net unopposed.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Entertaining game. 81 games and pens will have some of these. See what the team is doing games 10 to 20. After that, some adjustments will be needed.

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
Only a matter of time that Geno gets a string of muti point games while looking like crap. He seems to always do it.

Crosby could've had 6 points tonite.
But Geno is always playing like crap to you, no?
Its usually the case with Sids fans. Malkin can't catch a break from them. Always gets criticized even for the smallest mistakes and often gets his contributions overlooked. Opposite with their fav tho.

Probably too straightforward from me, but that's how I see things.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Was at the game tonight, what an exciting one. Was at the end where the Panthers shot twice so got to see McKegg's sweet goal right in front of us, and I think my sister was the first person in the building to see Horny's goal go in. Very tense last 90 seconds.

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
Yeah I've been on this wagon for a while too, they just don't work right now and I would keep Sheary with Sid but put Guentzel with Geno and Rust and roll that line.

Sheary, Crosby, Hornqvist
Guentzel, Malkin, Rust
Hagelin, McKegg, Kessel
Kuhnhackl/Wilson, Rowney, Reaves/Archibald
That's worth a try, but watch Sullivan ice the same line-up as tonight...They won. Despite looking more like an one line team imo.

Phil is in a regular season mode, but as 2 time Stanley Cup champion seems like it's a new level of idgf from him. Tonight was one of his better efforts in six games tho.
Geno played very good in Washington, despite not getting points. Bad in Tampa. Tonight he played well up untill his line gave up a goal, he was at fault as well and after that his confidence seemed to be crashed.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just got home... here are my thoughts:

+++ Letang: Thought he had one of those Letang-like games where he shows how dominant he can be. He manhandled guys 1 on 1 and was key in transition tonight. Loved #58's game. Most importantly I saw improvement in his positioning. He looked way more confident tonight in his gap and his ability.

++ Horny/Sid: I lumped these two together because I loved how engaged they were from the drop of the puck and because the post-game interview with Sid. Sid was asked why he was so good at deflecting pucks and he mentioned hornqvist and he practice it 4-5 times a week and he went on to say Horny loves those drills and works hard at the net front drills every day. That's the difference between good and great. Those 2 guys, with all the talent they have, put in the work 4-5 times a week. That's dedication.

+ Hunwick: Felt he had a strong solid 2 way game. He really had a solid game. Jumps in nicely, defended nicely, made some nice passes. He shoots. I like it.

+ Schultz: I didn't love his defensive game, but everyone I was watching with comments on how confident he is with the puck offensively. He just oozes confidence now and that's a good thing. He plays with swagger and I just love it. He wasn't great defensively tonight, but I love when he has the puck in the o-zone.

- Geno: I thought Phil was more engaged tonight but G really wasn't. Fumbling the puck and making bad decisions with it.

- 4th line: Once again.. can't trust these guys out there. I didn't like their game and I don't want Kuhn/Rowney even playing. They can't clear the puck and I feel like they are never going to do much out there when they do have control.

- Ruh: Rough defensive game tonight. Poor clears. Didn't love his game. He's lacking some confidence.

Honorable mentions to Murray and Keggers. Also Rust. Love his game.

Reactions: td_ice

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Regarding Horny's hit: You guys know I love #72. I want him re-signed. I think he's amazing for this team, even when he frustrates you. He brings energy and passion every night.

That hit, though, was not good. Those are the hits you want to eliminate from the game. It was a tad high and definitely not needed. It didn't affect the play in any way. I love Horny's passion, but he deserved a penalty on that play and those are the egregious hits you want out of the game for protection.

Love #72, though.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
But Geno is always playing like crap to you, no?
Its usually the case with Sids fans. Malkin can't catch a break from them. Always gets criticized even for the smallest mistakes and often gets his contributions overlooked. Opposite with their fav tho.

Probably too straightforward from me, but that's how I see things.

No...Malkin is the most underrated superstar in NHL history in my opinion. It's just a funny thing that Malkin does every year, plays like crap for a stretch and somehow has 12 points in those 4 or 5 games where he looks horrible. It's really a testament to how good he is.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Watched the highlights. Sid's second goal was absurd - jammy, but absurd. Magic happens when you persuade the other team to leave Sid alone around the net.

How was Maatta's game other than continuing his ppg streak?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Surprised nobody is talking about that goal Crosby almost had that was similar to his Sabres 1 handed goal. Somehow he got the puck up in the air again...NOBODY can do that with 1 hand.

Reactions: Clare2904

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I really hope Sully tries the line-up I posted, or is on that mindset too. McKegg is the right kind of C for Kessel and Hagelin, he keeps it simple, I think they need simple right now. Speaking of McKegg, if anything he's our perfect 4th line C. Rowney is a guy that might be on the outside looking in when the team trades for a 3C.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Other than being late, I cant tell if Horny's hit was all that bad from that angle. His shoulder really does seem to hit the chest more than any part hitting the face/head.

That 2nd goal by Sid was just ****ing nuts.

+My favorite Penguin opponents are the ones that let Sid set up right beside the net unopposed.

OMFG totally. I would say Sid's deflections are 95% luck, but, they really aren't. From the smiles on his face, he was having fun tonight. Thanks Florida for letting Sid relax a bit.

Entertaining game. 81 games and pens will have some of these. See what the team is doing games 10 to 20. After that, some adjustments will be needed.
*82 games

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Watched the highlights. Sid's second goal was absurd - jammy, but absurd. Magic happens when you persuade the other team to leave Sid alone around the net.

How was Maatta's game other than continuing his ppg streak?

Thought Olli looked solid and he's becoming Schultz like in his ability to get pucks through some traffic on goal.

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad