Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Panther 3: I'm Too Tired to Think of a Pithy Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
hmmm maybe next time put someone out there who can handle the puck when the net is empty

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Every Penguins game is an adventure. They surely are fun to watch and they surely have some serious strengths and holes. Thank god for Murray and Sid. Letang and Hornqvist were very good as well. Geno on the other hand, ughhh.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
+ Letang
+ Crosby
+ McKegg
+ Hunwick
+ Horny

- Phil and Geno combo
- 3 RH shots on the PP
- Inability to clear the zone when the Panthers had the empty net

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Perfect example of why we need a 2-way 3C at the end there. Sid just had a shift with no timeout. Forced to ice Rowney(think it was him?) for the draw.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I like Hunwick's game. His wheels get him to a lot of loose pucks in corners first and with time and space to make a play with it. And he's clearly comfortable on either side.

I'd like to see HMK for a good, solid stretch.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Hell of a game #72. Guy's impossibly hard on the puck. Unfortunately, I think he might have to sit a game.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Along with Letang, Dumo had a pretty good game on the back end. He was the only one in the first ten minutes that didn't give the puck away and was solid the rest of the way.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
+ Murray
+ we won

- the defense. Just wondering what happened to our puck possession and quick transition game. We're playing like we did most of last year except without the high goal shooting percentages. Not a recipe for success
- Geno. Feeling sorry for himself I think. Needs to will himself into beast mode and just do it

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
+ Sid looks like he's starting to find his groove. Thought Letang played a simpler game tonight.

Still waiting for Malkin and Kessel to show what they can do. And enough with all of the penalties already. Did our team not get the memo on slashing?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
- Sullivan. Bad lines, going back to that 4th line, the stupid challenge, the final PP configuration
- said bad lines. Something has to give there

++++ Murray
+ Letang took a significant step forward tonight
+ McKegg had a nice game against his old team. SHG.
+ Hornqvist is insane
+ Crosby scored goals
+ Hunwick has settled in after a weak first few games

+/-
PP1 had a great PP. this was not repeated and begs the question why it's so hard to get that out of them.
Maatta's production continues, which is great for him. He's way too high up in team scoring. It's the same for Rust.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Only a matter of time that Geno gets a string of muti point games while looking like crap. He seems to always do it.

Crosby could've had 6 points tonite.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Am I the only one who thought Murray was shaky, at least early on? Seemed like he was fighting the puck more tonight than usual and had 2 or 3 times where he thought he had the puck covered and it was just sitting there next to him. He had some big saves, and it wasn't a bad game, but not his best.

Also, Reaves playing over guys like Wilson is frustrating. He's terrible. Even when he fights 2 guys, the team still takes liberties against the Pens' stars. There is no point what so ever to have an enforcer. This has been the case for years. Reaves is not a good enough player to be a regular.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I like Hagelin, I like the idea of Hagelin, I liked the HBK thing, but man...the guy just can't handle the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->