GDT: PDSF/WCQF Game 3 @ Ducks 7:30 (VGK leads series 2-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
While I agree that playoff hockey is very different, you're being a little short sighted if you don't think a reunited Neal-Haula-Perron can be effective.

Most of our top-6 players are very straightforward. I never though Neal-Haula-Tuch would work because of that.. couple of high-scorers and one who definitely wants to be one. The fact that the line is working ok I didn't see coming. I was expecting them to have very little passing and defense.

Now the good thing is that Perron is an actual play-maker that you can put to any of the lines to support puck control and scoring. Eakin really can score if he gets good looks and Carpy is the most underappreciated guy currently in the team. Carpy-Eakin-Perron could be the new key line.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
While I agree that playoff hockey is very different, you're being a little short sighted if you don't think a reunited Neal-Haula-Perron can be effective.

I agree. The 2nd line was great all year long. Why change something that has worked great all year? Tuch is a good player and I see a bright future for him if he could just have better accuracy. He misses a lot of shots where there is an open net or at least a half open net. Remember how many shots he should have made in the regular season against the Kings in LA?

Perron has played on the 2nd line all year long and I like the chemistry of Perron/Neal/Howwwwwwlahhh. It's not a fast line, but they can all pass, shoot, and hold on to the puck. New lines in the playoffs just doesn't make sense unless there's an injury.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
flyers fan coming in peace, i have never seen a hard nosed hockey expansion team that plays with so much heart, your gm is a genus, i mean you guys have a bright future ahead regardless of what happens, you guys have a better chance of winning the cup than my mentality soft a## midget team in the flyers that hextall has built, it's just makes me sick.

keep up the good work boys, im smelling a championship going to your city. you guys deserve it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Sounds like you're watching a totally different series than I am. Perron's re-insertion into the lineup was noticeable right away. He was backing up the D skating the puck into the zone, setting up numerous scoring chances, while also QBing the PP effectively.
I think not watching Perron all year it's easier to miss how he can be important even when not showing up on the scoresheet.

His ability to calm things down in the offensive zone is unmatched in this roster. I think that was a factor last night

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
It would have to be Carpenter.

Carpy does the right things in hockey terms:
  • Goes defense first, gets takeaways, has zero giveaways, delivers clean hits and positions well to prevent passes

My logic says Haula is the one that could be replaced because of his *slight* volatile performance and a similar role, but my hearth says no. When that focused stare kicks in, you know he won't be missing the net. After the last game Carpy-Eakin-Perron line just suddenly makes 100% sense to me.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Most of our top-6 players are very straightforward. I never though Neal-Haula-Tuch would work because of that.. couple of high-scorers and one who definitely wants to be one. The fact that the line is working ok I didn't see coming. I was expecting them to have very little passing and defense.

Now the good thing is that Perron is an actual play-maker that you can put to any of the lines to support puck control and scoring. Eakin really can score if he gets good looks and Carpy is the most underappreciated guy currently in the team. Carpy-Eakin-Perron could be the new key line.
I can appreciate what Eakin did last night, but the fact is, he' one on the least offensively minded person on the team. The third line (for now) should be any combination of Eakin, carpenter, Tuch and Tatar. Neal and Haula need Perron back.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Carpy does the right things in hockey terms:
  • Goes defense first, gets takeaways, has zero giveaways, delivers clean hits and positions well to prevent passes

My logic says Haula is the one that could be replaced because of his *slight* volatile performance and a similar role, but my hearth says no. When that focused stare kicks in, you know he won't be missing the net. After the last game Carpy-Eakin-Perron line just suddenly makes 100% sense to me.

That's the definition of a 4th liner. I think he'd be best served fitting into that one with PEB and Nosek. Carrier could easily be benched, but I know everyone still wants some physical play. Maybe if they play the Sharks logic will take over.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
That's the definition of a 4th liner. I think he'd be best served fitting into that one with PEB and Nosek. Carrier could easily be benched, but I know everyone still wants some physical play. Maybe if they play the Sharks logic will take over.

I think he Gallant is exactly the guy who would let a newly required 5,5M$ player sit for a *nobody* from the waivers.

But it also turns out that this *nobody* is very versatile player not only the defensive sense but also scored more (with less minutes and zero pp time!).

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Stolen from Reddit:

O-d_-5HMM1higTOkCPxWq49XK_Li9b-rABcB0ievsPk.png

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It amazes me (but not really) that Kings fans see what Doughty did and call it a light shove. The only thing I missed was that Doughty took two punches at Marchesseault but one missed.

All the absolute bitching people are doing about Vegas getting all the ref favoritism and they ignore that blatant swing to the head from a guy fresh off a suspension.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol and Marchesseault didn't even knock his helmet off, Doughty just hangs his head low and let's it fall off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad