GDT: PDSF/WCQF Game 3 @ Ducks 7:30 (VGK leads series 2-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I proclaim today national Eakin day.

I built a statue of him. Out of snow.

3250796558_0120008494.jpg

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
No thanks. He brought nothing to Games 1 & 2. All he did was panic every time the puck was on his stick; either missing the net on shot attempts or just throwing the puck away when it came to him.

I don't see much from Carpenter either though. Doesn't really matter, I don't think we are a different team if either one is in or out. I might sit Carrier just to go completely skill and ignore hitting since its not winning the games for the Kings, but again not going to get too worried about that.

Reactions: Northern Knights

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
The Kings board looks and sounds like death. Hates their team, wants the management fired, etc. Did say they love Quick, but, can't believe they're losing to a "kiddie" team. :rolleyes:

Adjusting to reality can be painful. Lot of Kings' faithful felt like because they split with us they were the better team. That the Knights had to be a sham. All that "we want the Knights" nonsense too, don't forget.

Well they got the Knights. And tbh the Knights for the most part haven't been fully playing their hockey. Well, until late third period in game 3 that is...

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I don't see much from Carpenter either though. Doesn't really matter, I don't think we are a different team if either one is in or out. I might sit Carrier just to go completely skill and ignore hitting since its not winning the games for the Kings, but again not going to get too worried about that.

Carpenter had the sweet apple to Eakin that tied up the game. Gallant also doesn't change the lineup when they are winning. Tatar isn't doing anything great and Reaves sucks donkey balls so I'd roll out the same group of guys, but maybe move Perron back up to the 2nd line if he looks like he's up to speed in the next two practices.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Earned all three, though! We deserve to be here. It seems we’re just starting to play our game again. Big guns shooting, defence tightening up. Looking STRONG.
Close to it. I still think we've seen better hockey out of them and I still believe that for much of this game and games 1 and 2, Quick got in their heads. I think scoring the third goal and proving he's human could be big for getting smarter offensive work done in game 4.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
No thanks. He brought nothing to Games 1 & 2. All he did was panic every time the puck was on his stick; either missing the net on shot attempts or just throwing the puck away when it came to him.
Can't just write him off 2 games in a row like that. You have to hope he comes back with fire.
While I agree he shouldn't be plastered to the bench for the rest of the playoffs I have to agree with Boris. Tatar played like a scared puppy for the first two games of this series. Give him a leash but we can't give him a very long one. If he draws back in and we see more of the same, we might have to call it a wrap unless there's an injury.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Oh and btw that last goal... The way those two dudes read each other I mean damn. Kings are dangerous even when down 0-3, but they're in trouble if these guys start loosening up like they did that last period. Might have to endure a Knights celebration on their ice.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I'm not as familiar with your guys' players as you but I thought Tatar was good in games 1 and 2. He was more noticeable in those two games than Perron was in this one.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I'm not as familiar with your guys' players as you but I thought Tatar was good in games 1 and 2. He was more noticeable in those two games than Perron was in this one.

Sounds like you're watching a totally different series than I am. Perron's re-insertion into the lineup was noticeable right away. He was backing up the D skating the puck into the zone, setting up numerous scoring chances, while also QBing the PP effectively.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Neal to the 3rd line? You don' mean James Neal do you, because that would be insane.

I don't think it's insane. That line was damn good when Neal was out. I just don't think Perron on the 3rd line is a great fit. Neal is the worst of our top 9 wingers defensively and on the cycle. Let him feast on the easier matchups the Eakin line gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad