GDT: PDF Game 6 - San Jose Sharks Vs. Vegas Golden Knights - NBCSN, 4:30 PM PST

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I completely agree, and I wasn't saying they shouldn't. He asked why Hamilton keeps getting traded, and I suggested it's because front offices can be really stupid especially regarding players like Hamilton.

My bad. I was reading it in a completely different context (we should fire DW).

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
My bad. I was reading it in a completely different context (we should fire DW).

No problem, I wouldn't mind that at all. For example, I'm sure whichever of Dubas/Hunter loses out on the Toronto GM job would be a great get.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Anyone else wondering why two teams (Boston and now Calgary) are trying to get rid of such a good defenseman? Is it perhaps because he is over rated or a problem in the locker room or something else? I just don’t get it.

**FACTS ALERT**

There is no report that Calgary is looking to move Hamilton. That is Elliott Friedman speculating that they will look into moving him because they will be disappointed about the poor season that they just had.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Call me a homer but I honestly think Doug Wilson will be unhappy about how things transpired this season and I do think we see changes next year.
Will believe it when I see it. This looks all too much like the Burish situation. Its not a fair comparison because DeMelo is actually a good D-man. Just that he is getting played over better options.

Obviously DW took care of that situation by buying out Burish. I think as long as DeMelo is on the roster, PDB plays him. Obviously PDB being fired may create an open competition situation as well but I just don't know if DW will give up on PDB this quick.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Will believe it when I see it. This looks all too much like the Burish situation. Its not a fair comparison because DeMelo is actually a good D-man. Just that he is getting played over better options.

Obviously DW took care of that situation by buying out Burish. I think as long as DeMelo is on the roster, PDB plays him. Obviously PDB being fired may create an open competition situation as well but I just don't know if DW will give up on PDB this quick.

DeMelo is not a good defenseman. He manages to get not completely crushed at all times but he plays with absolutely no confidence and completely tanked Brenden Dillon who had been very good with Tim Heed and David Schlemko.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
DeMelo is not a good defenseman. He manages to get not completely crushed at all times but he plays with absolutely no confidence and completely tanked Brenden Dillon who had been very good with Tim Heed and David Schlemko.
He's a guy where he manages to be a positive in relative corsi, but I don't agree with those stats in regards to him. I think he's anomaly.

I don't see much good that he does and he absolutely doesn't belong near a power play unit of any kind, nor a 6 on 5 attack ever. DeBoer did the same thing in New Jersey with Peter Harrold, who I started to refer to as ''Petey Jr'' as if it were his son. DeMelo isn't as bad as Harrold, but it's the same weird fetish and I don't understand it. I remember Harrold was out with an injury for like a month or two, then he's back in on the first power play unit in his first game back. It annoyed the f*** out of me and was one of many reasons that I was not a DeBoer supporter in New Jersey.

For what it's worth, I swear DeMelo was like a +4 in relative corsi on the season a couple months ago. Then he finished the season just as a +0.2 in relative corsi. Quite a drop at the end there, unless I'm mistaken and he never really was that good earlier on.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
He's a guy where he manages to be a positive in relative corsi, but I don't agree with those stats in regards to him. I think he's anomaly.

I don't see much good that he does and he absolutely doesn't belong near a power play unit of any kind, nor a 6 on 5 attack ever. DeBoer did the same thing in New Jersey with Peter Harrold, who I started to refer to as ''Petey Jr'' as if it were his son. DeMelo isn't as bad as Harrold, but it's the same weird fetish and I don't understand it. I remember Harrold was out with an injury for like a month or two, then he's back in on the first power play unit in his first game back. It annoyed the **** out of me and was one of many reasons that I was not a DeBoer supporter in New Jersey.

For what it's worth, I swear DeMelo was like a +4 in relative corsi on the season a couple months ago. Then he finished the season just as a +0.2 in relative corsi. Quite a drop at the end there, unless I'm mistaken and he never really was that good earlier on.

Tim Heed had the best Corsi of any Sharks this season. Dillon as a bottom pairing LHD is a luxury and those guys got butter soft deployment. Schlemko’s CF% was fantastic last year as well.

Broiler19

Oct 27, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
****ty end to season, excited to see what the team looks like next season, if we saw jumbo’s last game in teal I’ll never forget the angry joe screaming at Bryan little firing up the crowd and then beast mode one-t to tierney for a ppg.

Fav player and that shift summed up what he does best and why he’s my fav.​

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tim Heed had the best Corsi of any Sharks this season. Dillon as a bottom pairing LHD is a luxury and those guys got butter soft deployment. Schlemko’s CF% was fantastic last year as well.
I kind of missed Schlemko this year, though I think he was injured for a lot of this past year.

It was the classic DeBoer personnel moves that I talk about, when he was scratching him for a stretch early last season and Schlemko wound up looking devastated when they asked him about it.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
btw, did anyone think the sharks should have gotten a few PPs in the 2nd and 3rd? they had some tremendous rallies and vegas was just hacking whacking and interfering away.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Guys, I just remembered Nighthock said he was going to DVR the game and watch if after work avoiding spoilers....

He’s walking on train tracks and doesn’t know there’s a train coming! If anyone knows him personally it may be a good time to text him to save his time.. or tell him the game was incredible and to make sure he watches till the end. Either way.

I hate you so much...

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
On a side note, I really think it's time we move on from Pavelski. He has 5 goals in his last 4 playoff series. 4 of those came in blowouts and the other one was an empty netter. That's not a guy you want as captain, because to be a captain you must lead by example.

Reactions: Bizz

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
On a side note, I really think it's time we move on from Pavelski. He has 5 goals in his last 4 playoff series. 4 of those came in blowouts and the other one was an empty netter. That's not a guy you want as captain, because to be a captain you must lead by example.
I like Pavs, he works hard and has a great attitude. I would not sign him to another contract when this one ends after next year.

exchequer

Apr 21, 2006

I don't see how you can easily replace his 50-60 point production during the regular season. Can't win the Cup if you can't get through the regular season.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
50-60 point forwards are a dime a dozen. we need 100-120 point players.

I mean, at the very least, we need 80+ point players. Thornton is the only guy on the roster who has ever done that and he’s not ever going to do it again.

Plus, Pavelski’s production wasn’t something I think will be sustained long term. He looked good when Kane first got here but he kind of fell off after a little while and never had that magic in the playoffs.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I mean, at the very least, we need 80+ point players. Thornton is the only guy on the roster who has ever done that and he’s not ever going to do it again.

Plus, Pavelski’s production wasn’t something I think will be sustained long term. He looked good when Kane first got here but he kind of fell off after a little while and never had that magic in the playoffs.

Pavelski reminds me of 2014 Clarke MacArthur. Capable of putting up a load of points every season but you can just tell he's not gonna keep up the production much longer.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Pavelski reminds me of 2014 Clarke MacArthur. Capable of putting up a load of points every season but you can just tell he's not gonna keep up the production much longer.
uh
he's just a *little* better than clarke macarthur, who has never had more than 62 points or 24 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad