GDT: PDF Game 6 - San Jose Sharks Vs. Vegas Golden Knights - NBCSN, 4:30 PM PST

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Let's be real, even by some slim chance we sign tavares our defence is going to be our downfall, everyone of them is in steep decline, I'd move burns and vlasic for as many picks prospects as possible.

exchequer

Apr 21, 2006
Vegas was a much better forechecking team and the forwards helped out a ton more on D than the Sharks forwards did. Their D also did more with offense than the Sharks D.

A team creates their own luck in the playoffs.

Reactions: mooncalf

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Man. Every year I feel like I just need to slow down my hockey fandom. I probably won't but God man. don't even know what to say.
i know how you feel man. it almost feels pathetic when you realize how stressed out you get over this game.

I dont even think i got this stressed out when i played the game

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
We should just clone Hertl, and say f*** you to all the other forwards. We'd probably dominate play and have no finish, but that's nothing we're not used to already.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
They weren't in the position to because DeBoer did just about everything wrong. Lineup, lines, matchups etc. He got it all wrong.

Everything wrong? Martin for Ryan in games 1 and 3. Karlsson was fine. What else did you want him to do?

Jones has a sub-900 save percentage in the series. How is that DeBoer's fault? He would have been excoriated had he played Dell. Vlasic-Braun, who shut down a suite of elite players couldn't keep tabs on Billy Karlsson. Did he make the team stop moving its feet in game 6? Did he turn Labanc or Kanes' brains to mush? What happened to the excellent neutral-zone play of Pavelski? What happened to Tierney?

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
I feel like Hamilton wouldn't be too expensive to get given how undervalued he is. A defense of Vlasic-Hamilton, Ryan-Burns, Dillon-Braun sounds pretty good.

Anyone else wondering why two teams (Boston and now Calgary) are trying to get rid of such a good defenseman? Is it perhaps because he is over rated or a problem in the locker room or something else? I just don’t get it.

Ronnie Residue

Burns is daddy.
Feb 15, 2015
On, Canada
i know how you feel man. it almost feels pathetic when you realize how stressed out you get over this game.

I dont even think i got this stressed out when i played the game
Completely agree. I kind of hate myself for how much the sharks affect my mood lol. Also I agree I never let a game I played in get to me more than watching this team.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Anyone else wondering why two teams (Boston and now Calgary) are trying to get rid of such a good defenseman? Is it perhaps because he is over rated or a problem in the locker room or something else? I just don’t get it.

DW is far from a fantastic GM, but there are front offices that are significantly dumber (see: Hall for Larsson). Guys like Hamilton are often underrated.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
DW is far from a fantastic GM, but there are front offices that are significantly dumber (see: Hall for Larsson). Guys like Hamilton are often underrated.

Just because you could do worse, doesn't mean you shouldn't try for better.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Guys, I just remembered Nighthock said he was going to DVR the game and watch if after work avoiding spoilers....

He’s walking on train tracks and doesn’t know there’s a train coming! If anyone knows him personally it may be a good time to text him to save his time.. or tell him the game was incredible and to make sure he watches till the end. Either way.

Reactions: slocal

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Just because you could do worse, doesn't mean you shouldn't try for better.

I completely agree, and I wasn't saying they shouldn't. He asked why Hamilton keeps getting traded, and I suggested it's because front offices can be really stupid especially regarding players like Hamilton.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
I hope we land Tavares, though I know it's unlikely. We need more high-end talent to compete with the best teams. I know we got younger this year, but we still have a closing window with Vlasic and Burns aging. Unfortunately, I think a rebuild may be close to impossible with the contracts we have, so it might make more sense to go all in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->