Series Talk: PDF Barracuda vs San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Can someone post a video of the Timo goal? Can't find it anywhere, and apologies to Lebenezer if he did post it, but I can't see anything in his post.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Okay, this makes me feel better. Whatever the lines were last night they were garbage for the first two periods and I'm glad Sommer didn't do it completely on purpose.

Sommer gets a lot of flack (some of it deserved) but I've rarely had issues with the lineups he's used this season. He's used his personnel well.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Sommer seems to be a much better coach than people have historically given him credit for. I'm guessing a lot of that has to do with this really being the first year of his career that the AHL roster has actually had good players on it. If the Cuda go all the way I think DeBoer should have a very short leash next season with Sommer replacing him as soon as things go south.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Sommer seems to be a much better coach than people have historically given him credit for. I'm guessing a lot of that has to do with this really being the first year of his career that the AHL roster has actually had good players on it. If the Cuda go all the way I think DeBoer should have a very short leash next season with Sommer replacing him as soon as things go south.

Sommer is in no way a much better coach than people give him credit for. We're talking about a guy who routinely did stuff like pulling his goalie and forgetting to put out an extra skater. The system he's playing this season is completely different from anything he's ever played in the past, which I think can be attributed to his having a watchful eye upon him due to being located in SJ. And this roster is so good I could take it to the playoffs. His flaws are masked by his players. And Sommer has zero chance of coaching the Sharks, if he even wanted to (I don't think he does).

The Gulls announcer gets so excited no matter what's going on, it's hilarious.

If by 'hilarious' you mean 'unbearable', then yes, I agree.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Yes. He's a clear-cut NHLer and it's a goddamn shame he hasn't been gotten a real chance yet.

I am still holding on to hope that he comes back as our #4C. But he will not be guaranteed a chance here unless there is some player movement in our current roster this off-season.

The little that I saw him this year (on our Sharks roster) I was convinced that he deserves to remain up there. But we also had Haley ... so ...

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I am still holding on to hope that he comes back as our #4C. But he will not be guaranteed a chance here unless there is some player movement in our current roster this off-season.

The little that I saw him this year (on our Sharks roster) I was convinced that he deserves to remain up there. But we also had Haley ... so ...

Yup. We're going to lose Carpenter because we refused to play him. Over Haley. When Carpy was sent down after his extended stint as a Shark, in his interview it was clear he was extremely confused why he was sent down. I won't put words in his mouth but it seemed to me that he thought he'd established himself as a regular (rightly) and wasn't sure what more he could have done to stay in the NHL. No chance he re-signs IMO.

TrappedInFullerton

Murray SMASH
Apr 19, 2006
Gull's announcers were near unbearable after the Gulls scored to make it 2-1 in the third. I had to mute the game. I can understand being happy for your team, but damn... they were orgasming everywhere.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
With all these ATO signing getting called into the lineup, I think we should tryout this guy "Flatstick Marlow". I've heard a lot of good things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad