Series Talk: PDF Barracuda vs San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

The McMafia

Sep 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
Entertaining first. The Goodrow goal was probably the best odd man rush either team had. Gulls had a lot of pucks thrown at Grosenick but the D boxed them out pretty good.

Seeing Carpenter in person - he reads the play extremely well. Good decision making.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Entertaining first. The Goodrow goal was probably the best odd man rush either team had. Gulls had a lot of pucks thrown at Grosenick but the D boxed them out pretty good.

I called the goal seconds before it happened. Kosilla and Sabourin got tangled in the San Jose zone right as the 'Cuda started their rush, and I said it would lead to a goal. I hate being Cassandra sometimes:)

(Not an excuse, by the way, just a further explanation.)

TrappedInFullerton

Murray SMASH
Apr 19, 2006
How bad was the Timo's charging? Any chance of suspension?

From the way the announcers (major homers) talk about it, yes. I didn't see the play in real time and they only showed the replay once from a back angle. I didn't look good, but... I dunno, was hard to see.

Intent

Dec 30, 2015
San Jose

The replay was at a weird angle, but Bickel(he who was hit) was pinned by Robinson and was bent over, Meier came in and hit him when he was bent over and facing the wall kinda. I'm not sure it was a charge, announcers kept talking about an elbow, I didn't see that either. It did look like a board though, hitting a vulnerable player and all that.

The McMafia

Sep 2, 2011
San Diego, CA

Bickel got turned and sandwiched from what I saw. The other Cuda player shifted Bickels back right before Meier came in and got him in the worst spot possible. 5 and a game is deserved for a charge as Meier took a stride in. Don't know on a suspension.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
It was undoubtedly a board. Robinson turned him at a weird angle and Meier still followed through and mashed him into the boards super awkwardly. Little doubt it was a game in my mind.

Don't think there will be a suspension as it wasn't overtly malicious and I think it was just a purely stupid play from Meier in an unfortunate situation.

The announcers are out to ****ing lunch on the elbow thing though.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Thanks for the summaries. I was listening to audio, and Nick mentioned it as a possibility so I was curious. Looking forward to going to the Tank again next weekend. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad