Prospect Info: Pavel Zacha

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
no that just tells a lot about your opinion

Yeah, around 3 give or take a few more possibly.
Would 5 make you happy?
Good grief, PZ over Meier today??

Let's face it, he's not going to pan out compared to most of his forward peers in that draft. Let alone drfensemen we passed on.

Let's hope he can be become a 2nd line cog here.

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Yeah, around 3 give it take a few more possibly.

Let's face it, he's not going to pan out compared to most of his forward peers in that draft. Let alone drfensemen we passed on.

Strome, Meier, Crouse, Guryanov, C. White, Senyshyn, Svechnikov, Roslovic, and Nick Merkly

thats 9 right there that you absolutely cannot even argue are above Zacha

You are just making things up. Stop it.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Strome, Meier, Crouse, Guryanov, C. White, Senyshyn, Svechnikov, Roslovic, and Nick Merkly

thats 9 right there that you absolutely cannot even argue are above Zacha

You are just making things up. Stop it.

That's your opinion which based on your post history of late can be taken with a grain of salt .

I fully disagree with you and do not trust your judgement

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
the specific number right now doesn't matter. none of these players are fully developed, you don't draft a player for their +2 season

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
That's your opinion which based on your post history of late can be taken with a grain of salt .

I fully disagree with you and do not trust your judgement

Please provide reasons as to why Zacha is worse off then the 9 players I listed. Otherwise your opinion (as it is most of the time) is nonsense.

I don't really care if you agree with me or not...I know that my knowledge is far superior to yours. Multiple times you have been proven to be a back tracker yet you continually lie about it.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Pavel Zacha should not have been drafted 6OA.

Pavel Zacha can still be a good player for the Devils.

These statements can both be true.

One is backwards looking. The only thing that interests me about that is Shero's part in it. Conte is gone and Zacha was picked. And, really, for now Shero is doing enough to make any discussion of his performance moot.

The other is forward looking and all around interesting. Zacha's development could be anywhere from Steve Bernier to Mark Scheifele. Obviously, I (we) hope it's more like Scheifele.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Yeah, around 3 give or take a few more possibly.
Would 5 make you happy?
Good grief

Again, you claim to be a draft guru, but you think that 'not panning out compared to most of his forward peers in that draft' means - what, exactly? You think all of these guys are going to become 1st liners?

There's still a possibility that Zacha could be a better player than guys like Konecny, Debrusk, Beauvillier and Meier, too. It's unlikely, but it's a possibility. I wouldn't take Zacha over any of those guys, but it's still relatively early yet.

Reactions: Darkauron

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Wow DD way to go being an ass. What ZBC said is very accurate and Zacha has made much more of a difference than many of those guys that he listed. It is really getting pretty old with you thinking you are one of the most knowledgeable hockey people in the world and even pretending to be on par with someone like StevenToddIves.

Zacha is not perfect but relative to some of his peers, he is a better player than a good amount of them.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Wow DD way to go being an ass. What ZBC said is very accurate and Zacha has made much more of a difference than many of those guys that he listed. It is really getting pretty old with you thinking you are one of the most knowledgeable hockey people in the world and even pretending to be on par with someone like StevenToddIves.

Zacha is not perfect but relative to some of his peers, he is a better player than a good amount of them.

That is your opinion and name calling diminishes it .

It won't make PZ turn in go a 1st line stud like we were hoping to get that night in 2015.

But it's possible he can work his way in to a 2nd line cog. Let's hope.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It's more that people now want instant gratification out of players and don't allow for them to develop.

Take a guy like Ryan Johansen. He didn't put it together until his 3rd full year in the league. Zacha actually had a higher PPG last year than Johansen did in either of his first 2 years. Johansen went 4th overall in his draft year, Zacha 6th.

Nino Niederreiter had a 1 point season in 55 games and looked like he was going to bust in Long Island. Once he gets put in a more prominent role, albeit having been traded, he becomes a .53 PPG player.

Not every player flies out of the gate, some need seasoning. Zacha has shown progress, this year is going to be very interesting as his role starts to grow even further.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
we don't need him to be a 1st line stud because we have one already, and there's no point in talking about the draft because we are never going to get a do over on it. the people responsible for that draft have been fired. there's literally nothing new that is going to be uncovered going over this again.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
It's more that people now want instant gratification out of players and don't allow for them to develop.

Take a guy like Ryan Johansen. He didn't put it together until his 3rd full year in the league. Zacha actually had a higher PPG last year than Johansen did in either of his first 2 years. Johansen went 4th overall in his draft year, Zacha 6th.

Nino Niederreiter had a 1 point season in 55 games and looked like he was going to bust in Long Island. Once he gets put in a more prominent role, albeit having been traded, he becomes a .53 PPG player.

Not every player flies out of the gate, some need seasoning. Zacha has shown progress, this year is going to be very interesting as his role starts to grow even further.

His even strength production was better last year than his rookie year. He put up similair point totals to his rookie year while getting less PP time and on a really inconsistent PP who's second unit was just dysfuntional.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
PZ has been inconsistent. He’s 21 and can still improve. In past seasons it seemed to me that he was not in top shape fitness wise and it torpedoed some good stretches or good opportunities. I think if he can mature enough to bring an NHL effort every game he will be fine. He may or may not have it in him. I am concerned somewhat about his publicly available backstory. If he is playing hockey to please his dad that’s not good. His motivation has to be his own. Hopefully he continues to improve and finds some consistency.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
When he came into camp, and played the first few preseason games... just about EVERYONE here projected he'd be our #1 C playing with Hall to start the season based upon his play early on. I even got significant crap for drafting Nico over him in our keeper-league fantasy draft by players on this board.

Let's see what his offseason regimen and the preseason looks like. He doesn't have to be #1 now, and that helps him.

Let's face it, by the end of last season, only our top line actually had legit top-6 players in it, with Hall, Nico and Palms. Zacha was the next best player - maybe with legit top-6 linemates he can make some noise.

I thought he looked great with Wood for every game they played together. Put someone reasonably legit on his right side (Mojo? Palms?) for an extended period of time and maybe you get 40-50 points out of him and we can all shut up.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
to me, the worst part of the whole zacha thing is the feeling that we rushed him. 2 or 3 games or whatever it was in the AHL...not enough. there was no justification for bringing or keeping him up here.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
to me, the worst part of the whole zacha thing is the feeling that we rushed him. 2 or 3 games or whatever it was in the AHL...not enough. there was no justification for bringing or keeping him up here.

Sure there was. The Devils couldn't put him in the AHL in 2016-17. It was the NHL or juniors, and once they chose juniors, there would be no going back. I think if the AHL had been an option, the Devils would've put him there for some portion of the season, but since it wasn't, they kept him in the NHL all year.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Uh what? I’d take strome or Meier In a heartbeat

Dylan Strome has 10 points in 28 NHL games and hasn't been able to consistently stay in the NHL on a terrible Arizona team
Timo Meier has 42 points in 115 games. Thats the identical points/game as Zacha.

EVEN IF I GIVE YOU THEM, thats 7. Which still makes DD's initial point moronic.

Reactions: Billdo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad