Prospect Info: Pavel Zacha

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
There is just something missing from his game. It’s that extra drive and tenacity you need to have to make it in the NHL. The kid has such a high IQ, has the talent and has the body. Idk how you can teach a player at this level to play harder. It’s a scary situation. Let’s hope he looks good against the Kings. Maybe that primary assist in the last game will give him some momentum.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly this is why he should be in Bingo. The NHL isn't the place to try and stop him from being gun shy.

He needs permanent playing time and mental coaching and most importantly time to get through this.

A low pressure situation in the AHL is perfect for that. I really think a season down there would do wonders.

I dont believe an AHL stint has ever hurt a player

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
There is just something missing from his game. It’s thanot extra drive and tenacity you need to have to make it in the NHL. The kid has such a high IQ, has the talent and has the body. Idk how you can teach a player at this level to play harder. It’s a scary situation. Let’s hope he looks good against the Kings. Maybe that primary assist in the last game will give him some momentum.

agreed. this isnt some b level prospect that weve seen for the past decade that was passed off as a talent. he really is a head scratcher. this was supposed to be his break out year and he looked promising in camp. like many have said tho hes 20 so maybe he is just a late bloomer. he could break out at any point. gotta keep those fingers crossed.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Honestly this is why he should be in Bingo. The NHL isn't the place to try and stop him from being gun shy.

He needs permanent playing time and mental coaching and most importantly time to get through this.

A low pressure situation in the AHL is perfect for that. I really think a season down there would do wonders.

The AHL can also be a chippier league. I believe Zacha was hurt from a big hit when he went down to Albany 2 years ago.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Zacha had a mean streak in juniors, playing against teenagers that weren't as mature as him physique wise and now that he's playing against men who are all built like him, if not bigger, he probably doesn't have the confidence to try and steamroll someone in the corner, knowing they'll get up and probably punch his lights out.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Was curious about something, so thought I'd ask Devil fans.

Was Henrique a 2C or 3C?

Thx.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Was curious about something, so thought I'd ask Devil fans.

Was Henrique a 2C or 3C?

Thx.
usually he was used as a 2C, but we all preferred that he played wing on the 2nd line. In an ideal world, he gets pushed down to 3rd line. but he seems to be doing well in anaheim, so maybe it's a goodness of fit issue

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
I know Zacha can put it together. He’s got the tools and the IQ. His lack of hockey IQ was severly overblown. His issue is assertiveness. Far too tentative and that’s a confidence issue more than anything. I don’t really know if he will ever be able to overcome that mentally, but i don’t doubt his skillset or IQ.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I know Zacha can put it together. He’s got the tools and the IQ. His lack of hockey IQ was severly overblown. His issue is assertiveness. Far too tentative and that’s a confidence issue more than anything. I don’t really know if he will ever be able to overcome that mentally, but i don’t doubt his skillset or IQ.

The PZ naysayers aren’t harping on skills or IQ anymore. It’s just a stream of “he doesn’t do enough” type comments mostly. I am curious what is going on behind the scenes with him based on the comments by the team about communicating with the agent and his comments to the media. All in all it’s a shame a minor league stint is not available for him. Yes he has played better he last couple of games but I cannot help but think that a 20 game stretch against minor leaguers would do wonders for him once he adjusted to the shock of the demotion.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I cannot help but think that a 20 game stretch against minor leaguers would do wonders for him once he adjusted to the shock of the demotion.

of course it would, i've been saying that for weeks. how nice would it have been to have him in the bing for the last month, and then calling him up to help offset these injuries? unless he makes some herculean strides over the next few weeks, he should absolutely be sent down when we have a healthy lineup.

Reactions: My3Sons

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010

With the shit show that is going on in Bingo? No. Won't help.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The PZ naysayers aren’t harping on skills or IQ anymore. It’s just a stream of “he doesn’t do enough” type comments mostly. I am curious what is going on behind the scenes with him based on the comments by the team about communicating with the agent and his comments to the media. All in all it’s a shame a minor league stint is not available for him.

Well it is, management just chooses not to do it.

Reactions: My3Sons

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Binghamton is absolutely horrendous.

I'm not sold that going down there will help Zacha at this point.

Exactly.

Sending him to Bingo won't do him any good for the simple reason that they're horrible and they'll be leaning on a kid with confidence issues.

Not the best move to do when trying to boost the confidence of a kid who's already confuzed as it is.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Odd timing for this discussion, given Zacha's had two of his stronger games this year back to back. He didn't get on the score sheet, but his zone entering pass on the Hall PP goal was a big part of it's creation. Keep giving Zacha PP time and the points will come.

Reactions: Cult of Hynes

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Odd timing for this discussion, given Zacha's had two of his stronger games this year back to back. He didn't get on the score sheet, but his zone entering pass on the Hall PP goal was a big part of it's creation. Keep giving Zacha PP time and the points will come.

Yup. That is how you can help him get his confidence up.

Constantly scratching him is obviously not the answer. And to do that to a guy that has expressed issues with over thinking mistakes, that will only lower his confidence and exasperate that problem. That is pretty irresponsible coaching IMO especially if they know his issues with doing that and that he is talking to a sports psychologist because of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad