Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
IMG_0003.jpeg

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Of course we did. Matthews missed 2 and half games, Nylander missed 3 games. Marner was invisible and Tavares is just too f***ing old. The team's top Center was a winger we signed last summer...who makes less than a third of what our top paid center will make next year.

And our starter was out played by our back up, our pp ran at less than 5 percent and our fans were half dead.

But Boston? Boston is every bit the same garbage. Where's Pastarnak these days? He's a fighter now I guess? McAvoy? Swayman? Gotta have those saves fella. Boston is a hot mess and I love it!

Pasta being be killed. He took a lot of big hits against the Leafs. Bennett absolutely smoked him first period

But he's a lone solider. There's no depth in that team beyond first line

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Pasta being be killed. He took a lot of big hits against the Leafs. Bennett absolutely smoked him first period

But he's a lone solider. There's no depth in that team beyond first line
odd because they played a very strong team oriented game in the regular season. but the fact is they are now weak AF. And it appears that when leaned on they can't "lick and dive" their way to a cup.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
odd because they played a very strong team oriented game in the regular season. but the fact is they are now weak AF. And it appears that when leaned on they can't "lick and dive" their way to a cup.
Some of their players overachieved
Like Zacha and Coyle

None of them are impact players but had great seasons

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Not sure how people can watch the playoffs and think the core is right there. It isn’t and hasn’t been.
We make goalies look like 1st stars and 3rd liners look like top draft picks.
Over the past two years, maybe 3, I would say they have started to play a style more suited for the playoffs as a whole.

The killer instinct on the PP and their lack of finish, which is tied to point A is holding them back from being really good.

I don't think they are that far away. By that I mean with a change or two to the core, I believe they have a chance

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Over the past two years, maybe 3, I would say they have started to play a style more suited for the playoffs as a whole.

The killer instinct on the PP and their lack of finish, which is tied to point A is holding them back from being really good.

I don't think they are that far away. By that I mean with a change or two to the core, I believe they have a chance
Fingers crossed they actually get it now.
Maybe Pelley had to tell Shanahan his plan didn’t work.

Reactions: Jojalu

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
After all the shit bruins pulled with Chara in the line up I don't feel even one iota for these yellow pukes being fed their lunch on the scorboard and on the ice

paybacks are a bitch bruins
You shouldn't for all the shit talking they've done. garbage franchise and garbage fans. their captain is nicknamed "the rat" of the league for crying out loud and his special skill is licking and diving.

they deserve everything they dish out and then some.

100+ years and only 6 god damn cups.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Well, I guess the solace in losing to Boston in round one is we avoided getting embarrassed by Florida.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Great watching Florida destroy those blue coats.

Also, equally impressed with TNT showing that western Canadian AHL? game. Always be promoting.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
this years scheduling of games was one of the worst ive ever seen, it was horrible, one night 15 teams playing the next night, 2 bottom feeders playing.
Worst schedule I've seen in 45 years. As you said, 15 games one night, one game the next night, consistently throughout the season.

Reactions: Cleetus
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I hope there isn't anyone left from the "Leafs face Vezina goaltending every series" camp.

Florida is crashing the net and shooting HIGH on Swayman, two things we failed to do. Same thing last year vs Bob. Needed to shoot high but never adjusted as usual. Vegas then lit him up like a Christmas tree in the finals.

Leafs always beat themselves.

Reactions: Cleetus
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
LOL Skinner. Both goalies are trash and yet neither team wants to put anything on net. Well, until Zadorov now

Also, just a poorly officiated game. Both teams getting away with high sticks and blatant interferences lol

Edit: LOL of course they call one on Vancouver after they took the lead. McDavid the victim...shocker.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
LOL Skinner. Both goalies are trash and yet neither team wants to put anything on net. Well, until Zadorov now

Also, just a poorly officiated game. Both teams getting away with high sticks and blatant interferences lol

Edit: LOL of course they call one on Vancouver after they took the lead. McDavid the victim...shocker.

Regarding McDavid, I think the reason he wasn't nominated by his peers for the Ted Lindsay Award is because the other players know that he embellishes and dives to draw penalties...that won't get you on the good side of other players...of course the media nominates him for the Hart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad