Player Discussion Pavel Mintyukov

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Who’s the media guy from Cal St Fullerton? He’s been there two games in a row. Didn’t know anybody other than Derek and occasionally Stephens ever showed up
He's been there every home game as far as I know. I recognize the voice. Could be mistaken but think that's Andrew Knoll, the guy from the LAT.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fowler leads the team with 8 PPP. I think the coaching staff doesn’t much care about HF’s opinion on the matter.

Yeah removing Fowler from one of the units would be silly. He is part of the reason we actually have a solid PP. ES scoring is where the scoring woes are.

If you want to remove one of the forwards on the 2nd unit. And say go with Fowler - Drysdale. Then go for it.

Unit 1: Minty - Leo - Zegras - Rico - McTavish
Unit 2: Fowler- Drysdale - Vatrano - Strome - Terry

Killorn was never great on the PP in his career, so not a big loss there. Should be saving Killorn and Silf for the PK.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah removing Fowler from one of the units would be silly. He is part of the reason we actually have a solid PP. ES scoring is where the scoring woes are.

If you want to remove one of the forwards on the 2nd unit. And say go with Fowler - Drysdale. Then go for it.

Unit 1: Minty - Leo - Zegras - Rico - McTavish
Unit 2: Fowler- Drysdale - Vatrano - Strome - Terry

Killorn was never great on the PP in his career, so not a big loss there. Should be saving Killorn and Silf for the PK.
Those are the groups I think we should run with, carlsson knocks Rico down and Rico knocks strome down, when healthy.

Mintyukov does basically everything you want from a dmen on the powerplay, I wouldn’t even mind having him on a unit with drysdale and kinda play that rover role that neidermyer played.

I think drysdale fowler and Mintyukov are all effective enough to be getting powerplay time, I think lacombe could even get some mins.

Also wouldn’t mind getting Mintyukov a little bit of pk time, to get Fowler’s mins down a bit

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Those are the groups I think we should run with, carlsson knocks Rico down and Rico knocks strome down, when healthy.

Mintyukov does basically everything you want from a dmen on the powerplay, I wouldn’t even mind having him on a unit with drysdale and kinda play that rover role that neidermyer played.

I think drysdale fowler and Mintyukov are all effective enough to be getting powerplay time, I think lacombe could even get some mins.

Also wouldn’t mind getting Mintyukov a little bit of pk time, to get Fowler’s mins down a bit

Yup. We have three OFD, two of them who are the future. If someone like Killorn or Strome has to sit for one of them so be it.

This season has been another bad one but I do see some bright spots. The PP has enough skill on this roster to have a Top 10 PP, and they are almost there.

Gotta get the ES scoring up.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yup. We have three OFD, two of them who are the future. If someone like Killorn or Strome has to sit for one of them so be it.

This season has been another bad one but I do see some bright spots. The PP has enough skill on this roster to have a Top 10 PP, and they are almost there.

Gotta get the ES scoring up.
I feel like the team scored more before killorn got back

@Hockey Duckie do you know by chance

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I feel like the team scored more before killorn got back

@Hockey Duckie do you know by chance

Ducks 2023-24
StatusGame SetGamesGFGF/GameGAGA/GameShutouts3 or more goals
W/o Killorn1 to 10
10​
33​
3.30​
30​
3.00​
0​
6​
W/ Killorn11 to 33
23​
53​
2.30​
81​
3.52​
0​
8​

I don't think Killorn is the reason for the lack of scoring. Killorn's return coincided with Zegras' injury. In the two games they overlapped, we scored 4 goals against the Yotes on the sixth game of the 6-game win streak and a shutout in the very next game.

In the first 10 games, we were gifted with four hattricks: Vatrano x2, Carlsson, and Terry. In the next 23 games, we have only one hattrick by Rico.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Deal or no deal? At least give me an answer, I say kindly to Ducks fans
Personally I say no. The Bruins aren't likely to be bottoming out any time soon so while that'd be a great quantity of opportunities to add young talent, the Ducks are probably looking at 24th-32nd round picks with low second rounders.

Mintyukov is pretty clearly a high potential young player with elite upside. I don't think it's a good idea to move someone like that for a handful of dice rolls. Plus while Drysdale was made expendable by Luneau and Zellweger, they're a notch or two below Mintyukov so moving him before them would be a pretty heavy lossm

Reactions: Play

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Bruins offer 4 first rounds picks and 3 2nd round picks for him
Timing is way off for the Ducks who will be looking to end the rebuild next year. Value wise is tough too because of how good the Bruins are right now so those picks aren’t worth a kid like Monty who has proved so much in the NHl at such a young age.

Reactions: Play

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Timing is way off for the Ducks who will be looking to end the rebuild next year. Value wise is tough too because of how good the Bruins are right now so those picks aren’t worth a kid like Monty who has proved so much in the NHl at such a young age.
Personally I say no. The Bruins aren't likely to be bottoming out any time soon so while that'd be a great quantity of opportunities to add young talent, the Ducks are probably looking at 24th-32nd round picks with low second rounders.

Mintyukov is pretty clearly a high potential young player with elite upside. I don't think it's a good idea to move someone like that for a handful of dice rolls. Plus while Drysdale was made expendable by Luneau and Zellweger, they're a notch or two below Mintyukov so moving him before them would be a pretty heavy lossm
Oh he’s definitely special. That’s why I proposed the kind of unicorn offer I did

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad