Player Discussion Pavel Mintyukov

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Russian Defenceman Pavel Mintyukov was drafted in the 1st round, 52nd overall by the Saginaw Spirit in the 2020 CHL Import Draft. Due to Covid, the 2020-21 season was wiped out, and Mintyukov missed a year of hockey. However, it has not seemed to hurt the Moscow-native as he had an outstanding season this year. Mintyukov put up 17 goals and 45 assists for 62 points in 67 games. His numbers are even more impressive when you consider the fact that the Spirit were the second-worst team in the league this year. He also played in the CHL Top Prospects Game.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
He seems like a decent prospect, of course Verbeek picks a soft offensive defenseman. Mark my words as long as he's gm this team will be last in the league in fights and a constant bottom 5 team

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I said I was whelmed, but the more I look into him the more I think I understand why Verbeek and Madden wanted him. He's creative, thinks the game well, has the ability to do what he wants to do with the puck, and seemingly has a good head on his shoulders.

Mintyukov could become a really decent long-time D for us. Amazing addition to a D-corps that already has Drysdale and Zellweger.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He seems like a decent prospect, of course Verbeek picks a soft offensive defenseman. Mark my words as long as he's gm this team will be last in the league in fights and a constant bottom 5 team
There are a LOT of picks they have left in this draft. Passing up skill for physicality at #10 is a bad plan. Wait until tomorrow and the first week of UFA to be sure Verbeek was lying when he said he wanted players who were tough and hard to play against.

Shade

May 24, 2022
Excellent choice we need big boys not midgets like Nazar and Kemmel.

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad