Player Discussion Pavel Mintyukov

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Mintyukov is one year older than our future franchise 1C. If all goes well the two will spend their entire careers together here.

The only thing I would trade him for would be a defenseman of equal talent and age, which would be pointless.

Reactions: lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
You've already taken Lindholm from us, you can't keep trying to take more defencemen from us.

Hampus having a bit of a down year right now, sure, but we gotta put our foot down.

Is Magnus really having a down year, or did the Bruins lose a lot of offensive talent between the summers? Lindholm is scoring the same rate as he did with the Ducks even during the playoff years. Currently, he owns the third best CF% (SAT%) with 50.9% on the team and best defenseman CF% on the team, while starting 59.0% in the Dzone.

Oh... and Shatty signed with Beantown during the summer too. He's tied for 8th in CF% on the team at 49.2%.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Is Magnus really having a down year, or did the Bruins lose a lot of offensive talent between the summers? Lindholm is scoring the same rate as he did with the Ducks even during the playoff years. Currently, he owns the third best CF% (SAT%) with 50.9% on the team and best defenseman CF% on the team, while starting 59.0% in the Dzone.

Oh... and Shatty signed with Beantown during the summer too. He's tied for 8th in CF% on the team at 49.2%.
...yuck, Shattenkirk.

I think Hampus is slowly catching up, but that's after 5 assists in the past 6 games. Before that he was pacing somewhere around .32 PPG (all situations), which would have been the lowest he's been in a while. Conceding on the DZ starts which I think is the main issue, though he's always been biased towards DZ starts barring a couple of years.

The impact of Bergeron leaving is interesting because on paper they should have taken a big step back, but they actually don't seem to be far off from last year (3.7 GPG vs 3.5 GPG) and are still tops in the conference. So I'm tempted to think it's much more because of his much more defensive deployment - 59% seems waaay high for him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
...yuck, Shattenkirk.

I think Hampus is slowly catching up, but that's after 5 assists in the past 6 games. Before that he was pacing somewhere around .32 PPG (all situations), which would have been the lowest he's been in a while. Conceding on the DZ starts which I think is the main issue, though he's always been biased towards DZ starts barring a couple of years.

The impact of Bergeron leaving is interesting because on paper they should have taken a big step back, but they actually don't seem to be far off from last year (3.7 GPG vs 3.5 GPG) and are still tops in the conference. So I'm tempted to think it's much more because of his much more defensive deployment - 59% seems waaay high for him.

As an adopted bruin fan

he’s def been a matchup guy(defensive guy) more so this year, was playing with a lingering injury earlier, he had a couple weeks off after all star break and has looked back to normal.

He also had a lot more power play/ offensive time last year with mcavoy missing start of season.

Bruins don’t need him to put up a ton of offense, they just need him to take on the tough mins, Lohrei has looked pretty solid but they are going to shelter him behind lindholm a bite

Reactions: Masch78

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Minty splits!

Minty is our 8th best scorer with 28 pts (high = 53 Vatrano), 8th best hitter with 85 hits (high = 213 Gudas), and 7th best shot blocker on the team with 65 (high = 142 Gudas).

Mintyukov2022-23
Game SetGamesGAPts+/-HitBlocksPair
1 to 63
63​
4​
24​
28​
-20​
85​
65​
1 to 20
20​
1​
10​
11​
-1​
30​
24​
Lyubush
21 to 40
20​
1​
7​
8​
-10​
26​
19​
Lyubush and injury
41 to 47
7​
1​
3​
4​
-2​
10​
2​
Lyubush
48 to 55
8​
0​
2​
2​
-5​
6​
13​
Gudas
56 to 62
7​
1​
2​
3​
0​
11​
7​
LaCombe
1​
0​
0​
0​
-2​
2​
0​
Lindstrom

Minty's pair partner is the easiest to identify because for most of the season it was with Lyubushkin. I tried my best to find GDT tweets of actual lineups after Lyubushkin got traded. Resorted to box scores if I couldn't find the tweeted roster.

• Breakdown
    • Game set 1 to 20:
      • Minty-Lyubush were getting 3rd pairing minutes.
    • Game set 21 to 40:
      • Minty-Lybush were getting 2nd pairing minutes. This coincides with Gudas getting fewer minutes. That explains the huge increase in +/- rating. Minty got injured on game 40, Jan 9th against Nashville.
    • Game set 41 to 47:
      • Minty returns on Feb 13th against Montreal.
      • Minty-Lyubushkin back on 3rd pairing minutes and we see the +/- rating come back down. Minty-Lyubushkin lasts seven games because Lybushkin got traded on the Feb 29th, before the game.
    • Game set 48 to 55:
      • Minty-Gudas were playing 1st and 2nd pairing minutes. Game 48 was when Fowler got injured after playing only 0:21 TOI in the game. Minty played 26:23 TOI and Gudas put up 28:14 TOI. Gudas never fully recovered playing those minutes as he continued to play over 22 minutes the next couple of games afterwards. That's why there's a -5 rating for Minty in only eight games played with Gudas.
    • Game set 56 to 62:
      • Minty-LaCombe were playing 1st and 2nd pairing minutes. LaCombe is in better shape than Gudas and it helped get Minty's +/- settled down again. Note, Minty and LaCombe are roommates. That probably helps with the chemistry on the ice.
    • Game 63:
      • Minty-Lindstrom played 2nd pair.
      • Lindstrom had to rotate back into the fold and LaCombe was a healthy scratch. Lindstrom was a -1 in the game against the Oil (Team game #74). This was the Oil 6, Ducks 1 beatdown. Not many Ducks went unscathed with a negative rating in that game. Also, Minty got injured in this game. He has missed the past two games.

Anaheim is going to put Minty as a 2nd pairing to start next season. If Minty is playing 2nd pairing, then he needs a d-man with better endurance than Gudas. We only have small samples of LaCombe and Lindstrom as potential partners for Minty next season, but both would probably be better options than Gudas. I wouldn't recommend putting Luneau with Minty because Luneau would be too green. There is a possibility of signing a FA RD, but why if we're still discovering if Minty can hack 2nd pairing duties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad