Value of: Pavel Buchnevich

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Yeah, and what contract is he going to sign? I mean, he'll be an RFA, but just for 1 year. And he's arbitration eligible. Rangers are kinda lucky their top prospects (aside from Shesterkin) suck, because otherwise they will have a lot of salary problems. I think, they will still have them.
He’ll sign 4 years at about 6 mil. And Yeah Fox and Miller suck too! We have 9-12 players who will get very healthy raises over the next 3 years, our cap problems begin in 2023.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
He’ll sign 4 years at about 6 mil. And Yeah Fox and Miller suck too! We have 9-12 players who will get very healthy raises over the next 3 years, our cap problems begin in 2023.

And I would extend him no question. I even think we can get him in the 5.5M range on a comfy length. He clearly loves being a NYR alongside Panarin and Shesty, and he quickly became a fan favorite heart and soul guy. The Rangers won't move him for a middling prospect and a late first.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
How has Bokk been? Bokk was getting hyped during the later part of his draft season - how has he developed?
Bokk is so meh. St. Louis had no problem dealing him. If I’m the rangers I want Gunler. Give me a shoot first player

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
For a guy like Buch I think NYR would ask for Necas or Trocheck back, but more focus would be on Necas

Sure, NYR can ask, but very likely won't get. I think Canes would rather keep the cheaper guy that is expansion exempt, is almost 4 years younger and under team control for much longer. If that means no deal, then fine by me.

I like Buch, really doubt he would be moved anyhow. He's blossoming in NY and seems to like it there.

Reactions: its josh and AirGut

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Lol, you're delusional, if you think, he'll sign a contract worse, than Kreider's.

Covid uncertainty, flat cap for 3+ years, less track record, 2 years of RFA remaining. I see him signing a deal similar to Kreider's 3rd contract (4 years x 4.6m, 6.4% caphit, 2RFA 2 UFA years) which would be 5.25m for 4 years. Maybe he gets 5.5-6m instead, but the term will be in the 4 year range, not 7 years.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think, you might, be wrong.

Kreider was a UFA when he signed that deal. He also signed it just before Covid and the flat cap.

And? Buch is one year from UFA. So he can go to an arbitration, sign a 1 year contract, and then he's UFA as well. Rangers don't control the situation anymore. They either need to trade him or prepare enough space for his new and shiny contract.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
American Buch has been a staple on our top line. He leads our team in scoring (yes, we know Panarin has been out), and he's become a revelation on the PK with the help of Lemaire. He uses his body well and does not shy away from the physical side of the game. Cap hit of 3.25 and an RFA after this season. With the way he has played the past season and a half I see him as a part of our core and thus it would be costly to pry him away. Presuming you are spending futures on him and want us to take back some cap (such as Kerfoot, who doesn't really appeal to me muich at all) itd cost a 1st + top prospect (Sandin or Robertson), or 21 1st and 22 1st.

American Buch? I always thought he was devoted Russian.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
American Buch? I always thought he was devoted Russian.

cut.jpg

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Not for sale. He is the heart & soul of our team and should be captain. He produces at a 1st line level & is one of the best defensive forwards in the NHL. Probably the most underrated player in the league, and is the funniest guy in the league who provides the best memes. I'd rather trade Zibanejad, Kreider, etc way before him.

I don't care about the positional issue as Kravtsov will be a center.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
And? Buch is one year from UFA. So he can go to an arbitration, sign a 1 year contract, and then he's UFA as well. Rangers don't control the situation anymore. They either need to trade him or prepare enough space for his new and shiny contract.

The Rangers will have plenty of cap space to pay him. We have 27 mil in cap space next year, and that's without buying out or trading DeAngelo.

We'll worry about paying the young guys when the young guys earn paydays. As yet, most of them haven't.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Sure, NYR can ask, but very likely won't get. I think Canes would rather keep the cheaper guy that is expansion exempt, is almost 4 years younger and under team control for much longer. If that means no deal, then fine by me.

I like Buch, really doubt he would be moved anyhow. He's blossoming in NY and seems to like it there.

Canes most likely wouldn't do it, or any team really but to me a comparable for Buch in terms of market value would be someone like Drouin. His value is a hair below him when he was traded and that was for a young stud D. Like I said the only reason NYR would trade Pavel would be in that sort of scenario. And I really would think about it depending on who that return is

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
i never trust a post that starts out 'of course you all agree with me' 8^)

anyway, as NYR fan, i don't agree that Buch must be traded, or that Kreider shoulda been.

Maybe i am too old school, but guys who come up with the team, and earn top roles, become part of the identity, I like those guys, get attached to those guys, and don't just see a marketable asset.
NYR have moved a number of accomplished in-house developed guys - Hayes, McDonough, Zucc, Miller, Pionk -
They don't have to cycle out ALL of them
Flat cap sucks, but the team will figure it out.

it was just a question. I don’t really have a feel for how the rangers feel about their team and this was an attempt to understand.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
6.0 per over 7 years.

He will be 33 when the deal is over

I'd prefer 5.5, but he's turned himself into a very valuable player.

That said, I would still consider moving him and while Drury and a 1st are nice, I honestly tmbelieve we'd have a long line of suitors for his services and think we may could do better

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
For a guy like Buch I think NYR would ask for Necas or Trocheck back, but more focus would be on Necas

Yeah, that’s a no from me dog. Tro is the 2C we’ve been searching for, for like a decade and signed to a good AAV for another year.

Necas as Boom mentioned, is much younger, ED exempt and honestly might be as good or even better than Buch by the end of the year. He’s basically untouchable.

I understand the ask but Canes have prospects and picks to deal or LHD. If that doesn’t do it then no problem.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Yeah, that’s a no from me dog. Tro is the 2C we’ve been searching for, for like a decade and signed to a good AAV for another year.

Necas as Boom mentioned, is much younger, ED exempt and honestly might be as good or even better than Buch by the end of the year. He’s basically untouchable.

I understand the ask but Canes have prospects and picks to deal or LHD. If that doesn’t do it then no problem.

Again, trading Buchnevich as of right now for picks and prospects is a complete smoothbrain move. Any prospects or picks within that deal have a massive chance of never even being as good as Buch is at the moment. This is why the only way he's moved is if it's for an asset of equal value, of a different position. And that position would easily be C. Pavel's value at this point is a hair below Drouin when he was traded, and that was for Mikhail Sergachev a former 9th overall pick. This is why Necas would make the most sense in that fantasy scenario. Anyways, Buch will be locked up easy

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
it was just a question. I don’t really have a feel for how the rangers feel about their team and this was an attempt to understand.
He was messing with you a bit, he’s a good egg. No prob with the question, most assume they know Ranger biz more than the nuts we have who still shot a Jeff Gorton draft video in order to decipher a draft trade on a background whiteboard.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Not for sale. He is the heart & soul of our team and should be captain. He produces at a 1st line level & is one of the best defensive forwards in the NHL. Probably the most underrated player in the league, and is the funniest guy in the league who provides the best memes. I'd rather trade Zibanejad, Kreider, etc way before him.

We found Buch’s mom’s burner acct!

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
My opening quip was just a joke, thus the smiley. No offense intended.
I do, though, dislike the atitude in some places that every player is just another asset. Taking my teams personally has always involved feeling connected to some the players. Some of my worst feelings in sports were trading away local favorites, like Brad Park, Bobby Murcer, Alexei Kovalev, Brandon Dubinsky, etc.
I dont expect others to agree, just how i do fan-ing

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

sign of an open mind!

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille